Can someone suggest me a good beginner book? 
Author Message
 Can someone suggest me a good beginner book?
Hello Everyone,

Can someone suggest me a good SQL 2000 and VBA for database book for
beginners. I have no programming experience but want to pursue in this line.
I saw some beginner books but after few chapters all of the sudden they go
to higher level. I would appreciate your time.

Regards



Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:09:24 GMT
 Can someone suggest me a good beginner book?

http://www.dummyguides.com/idiotdummybooksmicrosoftsql.html

--
-oj
RAC v2.0 is now RELEASED!!!
Details on RAC and ObjectScriptr at:
http://www.rac4sql.com


Quote:
> Hello Everyone,

> Can someone suggest me a good SQL 2000 and VBA for database book for
> beginners. I have no programming experience but want to pursue in this
line.
> I saw some beginner books but after few chapters all of the sudden they go
> to higher level. I would appreciate your time.

> Regards



Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:40:30 GMT
 Can someone suggest me a good beginner book?


Quote:
> Hello Everyone,

> Can someone suggest me a good SQL 2000 and VBA for database book for
> beginners. I have no programming experience but want to pursue in this
line.
> I saw some beginner books but after few chapters all of the sudden they go
> to higher level. I would appreciate your time.

> Regards

http://www.sqlcourse.com/intro.html

--
MARK
`.?.`...?`.?.`...?`.?.`..
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that  comes from bad
 judgment.---Will Rogers
`.?.`...?`.?.`...?`.?.`...?



Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:13:15 GMT
 Can someone suggest me a good beginner book?
For SQL Server 2000, a great beginnner book is Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Database Development from Scratch by Rob Hawthorne.  It was so easy to
follow yet had enough depth to equip me to begin setting up two SQL
Server-based web sites.  As I got further along with the web sites, I
supplemented that with The Guru's Guide to Transact-SQL by Ken Henderson and
Microsoft Access Developer's Guide to SQL Server by Mary Chipman and Andy
Baron.  I still have a lot to learn, but my web sites are running great.
Hawthorne's book guides you in setting up an actual database that you use as
you go through the book.

Good VBA books are (1) Beginning Access 97 VBA Programming by Robert Smith
and David Sussman and (2) VB & VBA in a Nutshell by Paul Lomax (this one
might be a bit difficult for a beginner).


Quote:



> > Hello Everyone,

> > Can someone suggest me a good SQL 2000 and VBA for database book for
> > beginners. I have no programming experience but want to pursue in this
> line.
> > I saw some beginner books but after few chapters all of the sudden they
go
> > to higher level. I would appreciate your time.

> > Regards

> http://www.sqlcourse.com/intro.html

> --
> MARK
> `.?.`...?`.?.`...?`.?.`..
> Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that  comes from bad
>  judgment.---Will Rogers
> `.?.`...?`.?.`...?`.?.`...?



Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:54:12 GMT
 Can someone suggest me a good beginner book?
Thanks for all your comments


Quote:
> For SQL Server 2000, a great beginnner book is Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> Database Development from Scratch by Rob Hawthorne.  It was so easy to
> follow yet had enough depth to equip me to begin setting up two SQL
> Server-based web sites.  As I got further along with the web sites, I
> supplemented that with The Guru's Guide to Transact-SQL by Ken Henderson
and
> Microsoft Access Developer's Guide to SQL Server by Mary Chipman and Andy
> Baron.  I still have a lot to learn, but my web sites are running great.
> Hawthorne's book guides you in setting up an actual database that you use
as
> you go through the book.

> Good VBA books are (1) Beginning Access 97 VBA Programming by Robert Smith
> and David Sussman and (2) VB & VBA in a Nutshell by Paul Lomax (this one
> might be a bit difficult for a beginner).





> > > Hello Everyone,

> > > Can someone suggest me a good SQL 2000 and VBA for database book for
> > > beginners. I have no programming experience but want to pursue in this
> > line.
> > > I saw some beginner books but after few chapters all of the sudden
they
> go
> > > to higher level. I would appreciate your time.

> > > Regards

> > http://www.sqlcourse.com/intro.html

> > --
> > MARK
> > `.?.`...?`.?.`...?`.?.`..
> > Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that  comes from bad
> >  judgment.---Will Rogers
> > `.?.`...?`.?.`...?`.?.`...?



Thu, 02 Sep 2004 01:39:29 GMT
 Can someone suggest me a good beginner book?
James,
Lots of good recommendations there.

Happy reading.

Regards,

This posting is provided  "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights reserved.



Tue, 07 Sep 2004 07:09:17 GMT
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Can someone suggest any good learning books?

2. Suggest book for beginner - Oracle 7.0

3. anyone suggest a good sql book?

4. Can anyone suggest a good book on advanced sql server programming

5. Suggest a good book about object relational features?

6. Please, suggest a good book!

7. Can anyone suggest any good books on Ingres

8. Suggest a good reference book for VFP

9. Good Book for a Beginner Who Wants to Learn SQL

10. Need a good SQL book for beginners

11. Beginner Needs a Good Book

12. Beginner, good book on performance?


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software