query governor cost 
Author Message
 query governor cost
hi,
 is it possible to get information about the cost of a query before the
execution of this query ?
i know that i can set a limit with SET QUERY_GOVERNOR_COST_LIMIT value .

thanks  axel



Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:39:55 GMT
 query governor cost

From Query menu of Query Analyzer, you can execute Display
Estimated Execution Plan. Among other things displayed are
the cost of your query.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>hi,
> is it possible to get information about the cost of a
query before the
>execution of this query ?
>i know that i can set a limit with SET

QUERY_GOVERNOR_COST_LIMIT value .
Quote:

>thanks  axel

>.



Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:26:26 GMT
 query governor cost
thanks,
 but how can i do this for example with T-SQL in a programm,to decide wether
this query is should be done or not?
thank you axel


Quote:

> From Query menu of Query Analyzer, you can execute Display
> Estimated Execution Plan. Among other things displayed are
> the cost of your query.

> >-----Original Message-----
> >hi,
> > is it possible to get information about the cost of a
> query before the
> >execution of this query ?
> >i know that i can set a limit with SET
> QUERY_GOVERNOR_COST_LIMIT value .

> >thanks  axel

> >.



Sun, 30 Oct 2005 10:49:00 GMT
 query governor cost
The info for estimated execution plan comes from SET SHOWPLAN_ALL ON. Read about it in Books
Online.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sql...


Quote:
> thanks,
>  but how can i do this for example with T-SQL in a programm,to decide wether
> this query is should be done or not?
> thank you axel



> > From Query menu of Query Analyzer, you can execute Display
> > Estimated Execution Plan. Among other things displayed are
> > the cost of your query.

> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >hi,
> > > is it possible to get information about the cost of a
> > query before the
> > >execution of this query ?
> > >i know that i can set a limit with SET
> > QUERY_GOVERNOR_COST_LIMIT value .

> > >thanks  axel

> > >.



Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:03:38 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. question about "query governor cost limit "

2. Query Governor Cost Limit Values

3. question about " query governor cost limit "

4. Query Analyzer - I/O Cost, CPU Cost, and Cost

5. Bit-Map Indexes and Query Governors

6. Query Governor for System 11

7. query governor

8. Query Governor - Good or Evil?

9. Query Governor - possible to exclude replication jobs?

10. Query Governor

11. Query Governor?

12. 2000 Query Governor


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software