ClassNotFoundException 
Author Message
 ClassNotFoundException
I continue to get a ClassNotFoundException error:

I am running JDK 1.3.1_01 on RedHat Linux 7.1.  My .jar files are
located in /usr/local/msjdbc/lib.  I have added this directory to my
PATH variable.  I have also added the complete path
(/usr/local/msjdbc/lib/mssqlserver.jar, etc.) to my PATH variable.

The permissions on the .jar files are correct.

I have also tried to expand the jar files using WinZip and then
creating a new jar file on Linux using the class files.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?



Sat, 22 May 2004 01:37:11 GMT
 ClassNotFoundException

Quote:

> I continue to get a ClassNotFoundException error:

> I am running JDK 1.3.1_01 on RedHat Linux 7.1.  My .jar files are
> located in /usr/local/msjdbc/lib.  I have added this directory to my
> PATH variable.

Why do you expect that to help?

Quote:
> I have also added the complete path
> (/usr/local/msjdbc/lib/mssqlserver.jar, etc.) to my PATH variable.

Why do you expect that to help?

Quote:
> The permissions on the .jar files are correct.

What permissions have you given? Note that they don't need execute
permissions - they've just got to be readable.

See http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/java/extensions.html and
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/java/classpath.html

--

http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/
If replying to the group, please do not mail me too



Sat, 22 May 2004 02:57:47 GMT
 ClassNotFoundException
I added the .jar files to the extensions directory.  It's working fine now.


Quote:

> > I continue to get a ClassNotFoundException error:

> > I am running JDK 1.3.1_01 on RedHat Linux 7.1.  My .jar files are
> > located in /usr/local/msjdbc/lib.  I have added this directory to my
> > PATH variable.

> Why do you expect that to help?

> > I have also added the complete path
> > (/usr/local/msjdbc/lib/mssqlserver.jar, etc.) to my PATH variable.

> Why do you expect that to help?

> > The permissions on the .jar files are correct.

> What permissions have you given? Note that they don't need execute
> permissions - they've just got to be readable.

> See http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/java/extensions.html and
> http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/java/classpath.html

> --

> http://www.pobox.com/~skeet/
> If replying to the group, please do not mail me too



Sat, 22 May 2004 09:29:07 GMT
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. JDBC-Driver ClassNotFoundException only when using JAR archive

2. ClassNotFoundException

3. ClassNotFoundException

4. msado15 ClassNotFoundException; JDBC 100% CPU

5. JDBC Connection Problem "CLASSNOTFOUNDEXCEPTION" in TomCat

6. JDBC for postgresql HELP !!! ClassNotFoundException

7. ClassNotFoundException puzzle...

8. Oracle JNDI can not find helper. ClassNotFoundException

9. ClassNotFoundException when loading under GCJ on Solaris

10. ClassNotFoundException

11. ClassNotFoundException using oracle.pol.polp.polp

12. ClassNotFoundException


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software