Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter.. 
Author Message
 Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter..
I installed a default instance and a named instance of SQL Server 2000
Developer Edition on the same PC.
When I try to configure Replication I get this message:

SQL Server Enterprise Manager could not configure 'ARG' as the Distributor
for 'ARG'.
Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter for the Log Reader
Agent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sezgin



Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:23:14 GMT
 Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter..

Hello Sezgin,

If you use Turkish collation (i understand you are from Turkiye from your
name :)) you need to install at least SP2, or you get Polling Interval
error.

Just install Sp3.

Alper Onsoy


Quote:
> I installed a default instance and a named instance of SQL Server 2000
> Developer Edition on the same PC.
> When I try to configure Replication I get this message:

> SQL Server Enterprise Manager could not configure 'ARG' as the Distributor
> for 'ARG'.
> Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter for the Log
Reader
> Agent.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Regards,
> Sezgin



Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:28:01 GMT
 Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter..
Thanks Alper,

The Collation  is TR_CI_AI. SP3 is installed. Could it be something to do
with the fact that I have two SQL Server instances ?
Or possibly the MSSQLSERVER and SQLSERVERAGENT Log on accounts ?
I have created a local user, made him a member of Administrators and gave
him Log on as a Service priviledge.All 4 SQL services Log on with this
account.

Few days ago I tried to set up Replication on a different PC,single SQL
Server 2000 instance,same edition and SP3  and at least I didn't have any
problems setting up a Distributor and Publisher.

Sezgin


Quote:
> Hello Sezgin,

> If you use Turkish collation (i understand you are from Turkiye from your
> name :)) you need to install at least SP2, or you get Polling Interval
> error.

> Just install Sp3.

> Alper Onsoy



> > I installed a default instance and a named instance of SQL Server 2000
> > Developer Edition on the same PC.
> > When I try to configure Replication I get this message:

> > SQL Server Enterprise Manager could not configure 'ARG' as the
Distributor
> > for 'ARG'.
> > Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter for the Log
> Reader
> > Agent.

> > Any help would be appreciated.

> > Regards,
> > Sezgin



Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:45:22 GMT
 Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter..
Hi Sezgin,

Did you remember to install sp3 on both instances? Maybe you have installed
sp3 on one and try to configure the other instance as distributor? I haven't
heard any other possibilities that could output this error.

I don't think it's something to do with logon accounts.

Alper


Quote:
> Thanks Alper,

> The Collation  is TR_CI_AI. SP3 is installed. Could it be something to do
> with the fact that I have two SQL Server instances ?
> Or possibly the MSSQLSERVER and SQLSERVERAGENT Log on accounts ?
> I have created a local user, made him a member of Administrators and gave
> him Log on as a Service priviledge.All 4 SQL services Log on with this
> account.

> Few days ago I tried to set up Replication on a different PC,single SQL
> Server 2000 instance,same edition and SP3  and at least I didn't have any
> problems setting up a Distributor and Publisher.

> Sezgin



> > Hello Sezgin,

> > If you use Turkish collation (i understand you are from Turkiye from
your
> > name :)) you need to install at least SP2, or you get Polling Interval
> > error.

> > Just install Sp3.

> > Alper Onsoy



> > > I installed a default instance and a named instance of SQL Server 2000
> > > Developer Edition on the same PC.
> > > When I try to configure Replication I get this message:

> > > SQL Server Enterprise Manager could not configure 'ARG' as the
> Distributor
> > > for 'ARG'.
> > > Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter for the Log
> > Reader
> > > Agent.

> > > Any help would be appreciated.

> > > Regards,
> > > Sezgin



Sat, 01 Oct 2005 18:13:29 GMT
 Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter..
Thanks Alper. I didn't apply SP3 after installing the named instance. I will
do it ASAP and report back. At the moment I am busy writing some code.

Sezgin


Quote:
> Hi Sezgin,

> Did you remember to install sp3 on both instances? Maybe you have
installed
> sp3 on one and try to configure the other instance as distributor? I
haven't
> heard any other possibilities that could output this error.

> I don't think it's something to do with logon accounts.

> Alper



> > Thanks Alper,

> > The Collation  is TR_CI_AI. SP3 is installed. Could it be something to
do
> > with the fact that I have two SQL Server instances ?
> > Or possibly the MSSQLSERVER and SQLSERVERAGENT Log on accounts ?
> > I have created a local user, made him a member of Administrators and
gave
> > him Log on as a Service priviledge.All 4 SQL services Log on with this
> > account.

> > Few days ago I tried to set up Replication on a different PC,single SQL
> > Server 2000 instance,same edition and SP3  and at least I didn't have
any
> > problems setting up a Distributor and Publisher.

> > Sezgin



> > > Hello Sezgin,

> > > If you use Turkish collation (i understand you are from Turkiye from
> your
> > > name :)) you need to install at least SP2, or you get Polling Interval
> > > error.

> > > Just install Sp3.

> > > Alper Onsoy



> > > > I installed a default instance and a named instance of SQL Server
2000
> > > > Developer Edition on the same PC.
> > > > When I try to configure Replication I get this message:

> > > > SQL Server Enterprise Manager could not configure 'ARG' as the
> > Distributor
> > > > for 'ARG'.
> > > > Error 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter for the Log
> > > Reader
> > > > Agent.

> > > > Any help would be appreciated.

> > > > Regards,
> > > > Sezgin



Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:29:15 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. msg 21112: '-PollingInterval' is not a valid parameter for the Log Reader Agent.

2. Msg 21112 PollingInterval is not a valid parameter for SPMSvalidateagentparameter....

3. 'Metafile is not valid'

4. 'Access denied' error with valid permissions

5. Internal error [The parameter is not valid] ''

6. ' ' isn't a valid parameter name (Error 3223)

7. 'No output parameters returned' Error

8. The file you've specified is not a valid SQL Server database file

9. Internal error [The parameter is not valid]

10. It's not ODBC - It's not ASP - It's OLE/DB

11. DTS error: 'Not implemented'

12. Error: 'Capability not supported'


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software