dynamic sql - newbee question 
Author Message
 dynamic sql - newbee question

I have a stored procedure that I want to do this:


AS



tblRealtidsTick')

This gets me an error message " Incorrect syntax near EXECUTE"


it outside the procedure

I have read other post about this kind of problem but can't get it to work
correct, plz help me,
how should I write to be able to solve this (simple?) problem ?

johan



Mon, 02 May 2005 18:24:01 GMT
 dynamic sql - newbee question

Check out sp_executesql in books online

--

Kresimir Radosevic, SQL MVP

I support the Professional Association for SQL Server and its user community
of dedicated professionals.
www.sqlpass.org


Quote:
> I have a stored procedure that I want to do this:

> CREATE PROC spGetLastTick

> AS



> tblRealtidsTick')

> This gets me an error message " Incorrect syntax near EXECUTE"


> use
> it outside the procedure

> I have read other post about this kind of problem but can't get it to work
> correct, plz help me,
> how should I write to be able to solve this (simple?) problem ?

> johan



Mon, 02 May 2005 18:39:45 GMT
 dynamic sql - newbee question
Johan





execute sp_executesql




Quote:



> > Check out sp_executesql in books online

> > --

> > Kresimir Radosevic, SQL MVP

> > I support the Professional Association for SQL Server and its user
> community
> > of dedicated professionals.
> > www.sqlpass.org

> Yes, i have found a lot of info but can't get it to work, maybe someone
> could help me with some code on how to solve this particular problem ?

> Thanx in advance



> > > I have a stored procedure that I want to do this:

> > > CREATE PROC spGetLastTick

> > > AS



> > > tblRealtidsTick')

> > > This gets me an error message " Incorrect syntax near EXECUTE"


can
> > > use
> > > it outside the procedure

> > > I have read other post about this kind of problem but can't get it to
> work
> > > correct, plz help me,
> > > how should I write to be able to solve this (simple?) problem ?

> > > johan



Mon, 02 May 2005 18:55:45 GMT
 dynamic sql - newbee question



Quote:
> Check out sp_executesql in books online

> --

> Kresimir Radosevic, SQL MVP

> I support the Professional Association for SQL Server and its user
community
> of dedicated professionals.
> www.sqlpass.org

Yes, i have found a lot of info but can't get it to work, maybe someone
could help me with some code on how to solve this particular problem ?

Thanx in advance

Quote:



> > I have a stored procedure that I want to do this:

> > CREATE PROC spGetLastTick

> > AS



> > tblRealtidsTick')

> > This gets me an error message " Incorrect syntax near EXECUTE"


> > use
> > it outside the procedure

> > I have read other post about this kind of problem but can't get it to
work
> > correct, plz help me,
> > how should I write to be able to solve this (simple?) problem ?

> > johan



Mon, 02 May 2005 18:47:35 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Dynamic SQL newbee question

2. Newbee SQL Server Question

3. HELP explain SQL licensing!! Newbee Question...Sorry

4. newbee SQL question about record locking

5. newbee crystal report question

6. Newbee Question

7. Replication question (Newbee)

8. Newbee question

9. Newbee question

10. Access -> Server 7 - Newbee question

11. Newbee Question

12. newbee question:


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software