Merge Replication - How long schould I wait? 
Author Message
 Merge Replication - How long schould I wait?
Hi all,

I did big update on subscriber and start replication. After ~14 hours
replication session was not at end. So I stopped it, and started again, but
now I see that replication agent try make a connection to subscriber, but it
take too very long time without effect.

Any Idea why it is so? Or someone have similar situation?

Thanks for any help

Thom.



Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:00:19 GMT
 Merge Replication - How long schould I wait?

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I did big update on subscriber and start replication. After ~14 hours
> replication session was not at end. So I stopped it, and started
> again, but now I see that replication agent try make a connection to
> subscriber, but it take too very long time without effect.

> Any Idea why it is so? Or someone have similar situation?

> Thanks for any help

> Thom.

I found it as usefull
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q312292, and still
looking...

T.



Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:34:15 GMT
 Merge Replication - How long schould I wait?
Thom,

When you said you see that replication agent try make a
connection...Did you see it connected (log in) to
subscriber by call sp_who2...you should see that the agent
is running.  By look at the agent history you should see
that it is trying but fail...and keep trying.  If this is
the case try to increase KeepAliveMessageInterval and
QueryTimeOut in Merge Agent Profile from 300 to 1200.

Hope this help...Let me know if not.

Thanks,
Rachan Terrell

KeepAliveMessageInterval:

The number of seconds before history thread checks if any
of the existing connections is waiting for a response from
the server. This value can be increased to avoid getting
the agent marked as suspect by the checkup agent when
executing a long-running batch.

QueryTimeOut:

The number of seconds before the queries issued by the
agent times out.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----

>> Hi all,

>> I did big update on subscriber and start replication.
After ~14 hours
>> replication session was not at end. So I stopped it,
and started
>> again, but now I see that replication agent try make a
connection to
>> subscriber, but it take too very long time without
effect.

>> Any Idea why it is so? Or someone have similar
situation?

>> Thanks for any help

>> Thom.

>I found it as usefull
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-

US;Q312292, and still

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>looking...

>T.

>.



Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:06:51 GMT
 Merge Replication - How long schould I wait?
Can you run sp_browsereplcmds in the distribution database and see how many
commands are still active in the distribution database?


Quote:
> Thom,

> When you said you see that replication agent try make a
> connection...Did you see it connected (log in) to
> subscriber by call sp_who2...you should see that the agent
> is running.  By look at the agent history you should see
> that it is trying but fail...and keep trying.  If this is
> the case try to increase KeepAliveMessageInterval and
> QueryTimeOut in Merge Agent Profile from 300 to 1200.

> Hope this help...Let me know if not.

> Thanks,
> Rachan Terrell

> KeepAliveMessageInterval:

> The number of seconds before history thread checks if any
> of the existing connections is waiting for a response from
> the server. This value can be increased to avoid getting
> the agent marked as suspect by the checkup agent when
> executing a long-running batch.

> QueryTimeOut:

> The number of seconds before the queries issued by the
> agent times out.

> >-----Original Message-----

> >> Hi all,

> >> I did big update on subscriber and start replication.
> After ~14 hours
> >> replication session was not at end. So I stopped it,
> and started
> >> again, but now I see that replication agent try make a
> connection to
> >> subscriber, but it take too very long time without
> effect.

> >> Any Idea why it is so? Or someone have similar
> situation?

> >> Thanks for any help

> >> Thom.

> >I found it as usefull
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
> US;Q312292, and still
> >looking...

> >T.

> >.



Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:50:40 GMT
 Merge Replication - How long schould I wait?

Quote:
> When you said you see that replication agent try make a
> connection...Did you see it connected (log in) to
> subscriber by call sp_who2...you should see that the agent
> is running.  By look at the agent history you should see
> that it is trying but fail...and keep trying.  If this is
> the case try to increase KeepAliveMessageInterval and
> QueryTimeOut in Merge Agent Profile from 300 to 1200.

> Hope this help...Let me know if not.

Not at all. This replication normally take max. 1 hour, but in this case it
have take ca. 6 hours and I have to wait, so I broke it and do again - and
now no problem.

Only on subscriber left some record which are not on Publisher. Next task to
do...

Many Thanks

Thom



Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:59:43 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Long Merge Replication Time

2. merge replication using Active X merge control

3. Merge Replication with ftp fails after adding A New Merge Article

4. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

5. merge replication doesn't merge records

6. Message - No data needed to be merged - using merge replication

7. Network buffer merge lock waits

8. Merge Replication - Permissions Replication

9. Merge Replication, on-demand PULL replication

10. Replication fails over a VPN (Merge Replication)

11. Merge replication with identity value ranges using not for replication option

12. Session is waiting for long....


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software