Can't access crawl seed?? 
Author Message
 Can't access crawl seed??

I am trying to create a full index catalog on a table
running SQL 2000 Server (with Service Pack 2) running on
Windows 2000 Server.  The Full-Text Search service is
running and I have a primary key on that particular
table.  I have been browsing the newsgroups on this
subject and have tried a few of the suggestions noted
here.  Particularly the one about Josh Hillman's problem
written Nov 7 2001 (as of this writing it is on Page 3 of
this newsgroup).

The main problem is that the index is not being
populated.  When I right-click on the catalog and click
properties I am getting an item count of zero.  Which
pretty much tells me nothing is getting indexed.
I am not getting any SQL Server errors in Enterprise
Manager, but here are a few of the Application Logs on
this server when I try to do a full population......
Much thanks for any help.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   Microsoft Search
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID:       3019
Date:           12/3/2001
Time:           2:35:32 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       **********
Description:
The crawl on project <SQLServer SQL0000700005> has
started.

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   Microsoft Search
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID:       3036
Date:           12/3/2001
Time:           2:45:33 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       **********
Description:
The crawl seed <MSSQL75://SQLServer/25fb978d> in project
<SQLServer SQL0000700005> cannot be accessed. Error:
800705b4 - This operation returned because the timeout
period expired.  .

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   Microsoft Search
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID:       3024
Date:           12/3/2001
Time:           2:45:33 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       **********
Description:
The crawl for project <SQLServer SQL0000700005> could not
be started, because no crawl seeds could be accessed. Fix
the errors and try the crawl again.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   Microsoft Search
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID:       3018
Date:           12/3/2001
Time:           2:45:33 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       **********
Description:
The end of crawl for project <SQLServer SQL0000700005> has
been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 0
documents totaling 0K. It failed to filter 1 documents. 0
URLs could not be reached or were denied access.

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   Microsoft Search
Event Category: Indexer
Event ID:       7045
Date:           12/3/2001
Time:           2:45:33 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       **********
Description:
The catalog was not propagated, because no new files were
detected for the project <SQLServer SQL0000700005>.  



Sat, 22 May 2004 05:14:55 GMT
 Can't access crawl seed??

this problem is most often caused by changing the SQL
Server service account through the control panel and not
through Enterprise Manager.  

To solve this problem right click on your SQL Server
through Enterprise Manager and select Properties and then
security.  Change your account to the local system
account, and then you will be prompted to restart your SQL
Server.  Return to this dialog and then change it to a an
account that is part of the local administrator group.

This shouls solve your problem

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>I am trying to create a full index catalog on a table
>running SQL 2000 Server (with Service Pack 2) running on
>Windows 2000 Server.  The Full-Text Search service is
>running and I have a primary key on that particular
>table.  I have been browsing the newsgroups on this
>subject and have tried a few of the suggestions noted
>here.  Particularly the one about Josh Hillman's problem
>written Nov 7 2001 (as of this writing it is on Page 3 of
>this newsgroup).

>The main problem is that the index is not being
>populated.  When I right-click on the catalog and click
>properties I am getting an item count of zero.  Which
>pretty much tells me nothing is getting indexed.
>I am not getting any SQL Server errors in Enterprise
>Manager, but here are a few of the Application Logs on
>this server when I try to do a full population......
>Much thanks for any help.

>Event Type: Information
>Event Source:       Microsoft Search
>Event Category:     Gatherer
>Event ID:   3019
>Date:               12/3/2001
>Time:               2:35:32 PM
>User:               N/A
>Computer:   **********
>Description:
>The crawl on project <SQLServer SQL0000700005> has
>started.

>Event Type: Warning
>Event Source:       Microsoft Search
>Event Category:     Gatherer
>Event ID:   3036
>Date:               12/3/2001
>Time:               2:45:33 PM
>User:               N/A
>Computer:   **********
>Description:
>The crawl seed <MSSQL75://SQLServer/25fb978d> in project
><SQLServer SQL0000700005> cannot be accessed. Error:
>800705b4 - This operation returned because the timeout
>period expired.  .

>Event Type: Warning
>Event Source:       Microsoft Search
>Event Category:     Gatherer
>Event ID:   3024
>Date:               12/3/2001
>Time:               2:45:33 PM
>User:               N/A
>Computer:   **********
>Description:
>The crawl for project <SQLServer SQL0000700005> could not
>be started, because no crawl seeds could be accessed. Fix
>the errors and try the crawl again.

>Event Type: Information
>Event Source:       Microsoft Search
>Event Category:     Gatherer
>Event ID:   3018
>Date:               12/3/2001
>Time:               2:45:33 PM
>User:               N/A
>Computer:   **********
>Description:
>The end of crawl for project <SQLServer SQL0000700005>
has
>been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 0
>documents totaling 0K. It failed to filter 1 documents. 0
>URLs could not be reached or were denied access.

>Event Type: Information
>Event Source:       Microsoft Search
>Event Category:     Indexer
>Event ID:   7045
>Date:               12/3/2001
>Time:               2:45:33 PM
>User:               N/A
>Computer:   **********
>Description:
>The catalog was not propagated, because no new files were
>detected for the project <SQLServer SQL0000700005>.  

>.



Sat, 22 May 2004 21:53:34 GMT
 Can't access crawl seed??
The SQL Server Service account was never changed, but I
went ahead and tried the solution you mentioned.  I am
still getting the same problem.  Thanks for trying
though :)

Is it atleast safe to assume that my problem is only
related to permissions/security?  Also, could it have
anything to do with who is running the actual population?  
i.e. if it's sa, or some other account that might not have
the proper permissions set on SQL Server?  My NT account
is mapped to a login on the SQL server and is a system
administrator for SQL Server.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>this problem is most often caused by changing the SQL
>Server service account through the control panel and not
>through Enterprise Manager.  

>To solve this problem right click on your SQL Server
>through Enterprise Manager and select Properties and then
>security.  Change your account to the local system
>account, and then you will be prompted to restart your
SQL
>Server.  Return to this dialog and then change it to a an
>account that is part of the local administrator group.

>This shouls solve your problem

>>-----Original Message-----
>>I am trying to create a full index catalog on a table
>>running SQL 2000 Server (with Service Pack 2) running on
>>Windows 2000 Server.  The Full-Text Search service is
>>running and I have a primary key on that particular
>>table.  I have been browsing the newsgroups on this
>>subject and have tried a few of the suggestions noted
>>here.  Particularly the one about Josh Hillman's problem
>>written Nov 7 2001 (as of this writing it is on Page 3
of
>>this newsgroup).

>>The main problem is that the index is not being
>>populated.  When I right-click on the catalog and click
>>properties I am getting an item count of zero.  Which
>>pretty much tells me nothing is getting indexed.
>>I am not getting any SQL Server errors in Enterprise
>>Manager, but here are a few of the Application Logs on
>>this server when I try to do a full population......
>>Much thanks for any help.

>>Event Type:     Information
>>Event Source:   Microsoft Search
>>Event Category: Gatherer
>>Event ID:       3019
>>Date:           12/3/2001
>>Time:           2:35:32 PM
>>User:           N/A
>>Computer:       **********
>>Description:
>>The crawl on project <SQLServer SQL0000700005> has
>>started.

>>Event Type:     Warning
>>Event Source:   Microsoft Search
>>Event Category: Gatherer
>>Event ID:       3036
>>Date:           12/3/2001
>>Time:           2:45:33 PM
>>User:           N/A
>>Computer:       **********
>>Description:
>>The crawl seed <MSSQL75://SQLServer/25fb978d> in project
>><SQLServer SQL0000700005> cannot be accessed. Error:
>>800705b4 - This operation returned because the timeout
>>period expired.  .

>>Event Type:     Warning
>>Event Source:   Microsoft Search
>>Event Category: Gatherer
>>Event ID:       3024
>>Date:           12/3/2001
>>Time:           2:45:33 PM
>>User:           N/A
>>Computer:       **********
>>Description:
>>The crawl for project <SQLServer SQL0000700005> could
not
>>be started, because no crawl seeds could be accessed.
Fix
>>the errors and try the crawl again.

>>Event Type:     Information
>>Event Source:   Microsoft Search
>>Event Category: Gatherer
>>Event ID:       3018
>>Date:           12/3/2001
>>Time:           2:45:33 PM
>>User:           N/A
>>Computer:       **********
>>Description:
>>The end of crawl for project <SQLServer SQL0000700005>
>has
>>been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 0
>>documents totaling 0K. It failed to filter 1 documents.
0
>>URLs could not be reached or were denied access.

>>Event Type:     Information
>>Event Source:   Microsoft Search
>>Event Category: Indexer
>>Event ID:       7045
>>Date:           12/3/2001
>>Time:           2:45:33 PM
>>User:           N/A
>>Computer:       **********
>>Description:
>>The catalog was not propagated, because no new files
were
>>detected for the project <SQLServer SQL0000700005>.  

>>.

>.



Sun, 23 May 2004 02:45:57 GMT
 Can't access crawl seed??
I found this on sqlmag.com in their forums...  I too have
removed the builtin/administrators group from sql server.  
Our server is still in testing and will be reloading
everything end of this week.  I'll see if this does it.

----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Date: May 02, 2001 09:34 AM

Subject: Full-Text Population not working

Greetings,

The requisite: SQL2K on WIN2K Server

I have repeatedly attempted to create/populate a full-text
index on a table. The MS Search service is running and
appears to 'create' something but the FTI properties show
an item count of zero.

I understand that during installation SQL Server is 'set'
as an administrator of the MS Search service and that SEM
must be used to change the SQL Startup Account. Is there
any way to determine if SQL is still the admin of the MS
Search service? I am relatively certain that ignorance of
this restriction may be the problem but have no idea how
to determine if the relationship between the two is
intact.

TIA,

Art

-----------------------------------------------------------
---------------------

Date: May 10, 2001 09:05 AM

Subject: And the answer is...

Although not documented anywhere that I can find,
BUILTIN\Administrators group is REQUIRED as a login in
order for FTI to work. The very same login is considered a
security risk in MS's C2 whitepaper and the first order of
business there is to drop it. -- go figger!

Cheers,

R2ro



Sun, 23 May 2004 04:26:48 GMT
 Can't access crawl seed??
Actually, the BUILTIN\Administrators group is NOT required to enable
full-text indexing to function properly.  Only the [NT Authority\System]
account needs sysadmin priveliges in order to create and repopulate
full-text indexes.  Check out article Q295034 on MSDN

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q295034


Quote:
> I found this on sqlmag.com in their forums...  I too have
> removed the builtin/administrators group from sql server.
> Our server is still in testing and will be reloading
> everything end of this week.  I'll see if this does it.

> ----------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------------------
> Date: May 02, 2001 09:34 AM

> Subject: Full-Text Population not working

> Greetings,

> The requisite: SQL2K on WIN2K Server

> I have repeatedly attempted to create/populate a full-text
> index on a table. The MS Search service is running and
> appears to 'create' something but the FTI properties show
> an item count of zero.

> I understand that during installation SQL Server is 'set'
> as an administrator of the MS Search service and that SEM
> must be used to change the SQL Startup Account. Is there
> any way to determine if SQL is still the admin of the MS
> Search service? I am relatively certain that ignorance of
> this restriction may be the problem but have no idea how
> to determine if the relationship between the two is
> intact.

> TIA,

> Art

> -----------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------

> Date: May 10, 2001 09:05 AM

> Subject: And the answer is...

> Although not documented anywhere that I can find,
> BUILTIN\Administrators group is REQUIRED as a login in
> order for FTI to work. The very same login is considered a
> security risk in MS's C2 whitepaper and the first order of
> business there is to drop it. -- go figger!

> Cheers,

> R2ro



Wed, 02 Jun 2004 00:58:48 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Full text error: unable to access crawl seed

2. Full Text Search - Unable to Access Crawl Seed

3. MicroSoft Search - unable to access crawl seed

4. MS Search Gatherer - Unable to access crawl seed

5. now able to access crawl seed

6. Crawl Seed Full Text Index Clustered SQL 2000 machine

7. Crawl seed error: will pay for help

8. Full Text Catalogue Porb: Crawl seed, no process on pipe

9. Full-text crawl seeds

10. SQL7 Full Text Indexing: "Can't access crawl seeds" !?

11. if you will promise Allahdad's swamp against cans, it will angrily depart the unit

12. Cans access2.0 engine access btrieve files?


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software