Scripting.Dictionary causes error when running package outside of designer 
Author Message
 Scripting.Dictionary causes error when running package outside of designer

Hi,

I've developed a SQL Server 2000 package which stores folder names in a
Scripting.Dictionary object which is stored as a DTSGlobalVariable.
when I run the package in the designer it runs successfully.  When I
attempt to run the package as a scheduled job or using dtsrunui.exe, it
fails on the first step that attempts to use any properties or methods
of the Scripting.Dictionary object.  The package is able to create a
reference to Scripting.FileSystemObject and read the folders in a
directory without generating an error.

The package is owned by my domain login account which is a member of the
sysadmin role in SQL Server and is in the local Administrators group on
the machine.  I'm developing using a Terminal Services session on the
database server itself.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
--
Direct access to this group with http://www.***.com/
http://www.***.com/
To contact in private, remove nn1osp3pa-8mm



Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:21:41 GMT
 Scripting.Dictionary causes error when running package outside of designer

Although I have not heard of this problem directly the usual problem of
manual v scheduled is fixed here

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269074

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA
www.SQLDTS.com
I support PASS - the definitive, global community
for SQL Server professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org


Quote:
> Hi,

> I've developed a SQL Server 2000 package which stores folder names in a
> Scripting.Dictionary object which is stored as a DTSGlobalVariable.
> when I run the package in the designer it runs successfully.  When I
> attempt to run the package as a scheduled job or using dtsrunui.exe, it
> fails on the first step that attempts to use any properties or methods
> of the Scripting.Dictionary object.  The package is able to create a
> reference to Scripting.FileSystemObject and read the folders in a
> directory without generating an error.

> The package is owned by my domain login account which is a member of the
> sysadmin role in SQL Server and is in the local Administrators group on
> the machine.  I'm developing using a Terminal Services session on the
> database server itself.

> Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Bill
> --
> Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com
> http://web2news.com/?microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts
> To contact in private, remove nn1osp3pa-8mm



Sun, 25 Dec 2005 13:46:15 GMT
 Scripting.Dictionary causes error when running package outside of designer
Allan,

Thanks for the reply.  After I changed the owner of the
job to be the same as the owner of the package (i.e., my
domain login) the problem disappeared so everything below
is just fyi...

I can duplicate it on a different pc (in a different
domain altogether) where the package and the job are owned
by the same domain user account which is a non-admin
account.  Looks like using a Scripting.Dictionary object
from a DTS Package may require domain admin rights when
run as a scheduled job or using dtsrunui.exe

Thanks again,
Bill Mueller
MCSD

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Although I have not heard of this problem directly the
usual problem of
>manual v scheduled is fixed here

>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269074

>--

>Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
>MCSE,MCDBA
>www.SQLDTS.com
>I support PASS - the definitive, global community
>for SQL Server professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org


message

>> Hi,

>> I've developed a SQL Server 2000 package which stores
folder names in a
>> Scripting.Dictionary object which is stored as a
DTSGlobalVariable.
>> when I run the package in the designer it runs

successfully.  When I
Quote:
>> attempt to run the package as a scheduled job or using
dtsrunui.exe, it
>> fails on the first step that attempts to use any

properties or methods
Quote:
>> of the Scripting.Dictionary object.  The package is
able to create a
>> reference to Scripting.FileSystemObject and read the
folders in a
>> directory without generating an error.

>> The package is owned by my domain login account which
is a member of the
>> sysadmin role in SQL Server and is in the local

Administrators group on

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>> the machine.  I'm developing using a Terminal Services
session on the
>> database server itself.

>> Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

>> Thanks,
>> Bill
>> --
>> Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com
>> http://web2news.com/?microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts
>> To contact in private, remove nn1osp3pa-8mm

>.



Wed, 11 Jan 2006 04:21:25 GMT
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Error running package outside designer

2. Package run correctly in dts designer, but run error when schedual this package

3. SP3 script error (Error running script 80sp3-tools.sql)

4. Errors Running Package within Package..

5. Script runs at prompt, does not run from script

6. Running Active Script Tasks In Parallel In a DTS Package

7. DTS Packages run from web page script have lost permissions

8. Running packaged procedures from a sql script

9. Run dts package with script?

10. Error Trapping - Can you trap a DTS Package error using SQLDMO running a job

11. SQLServer 2K upgrade of DTS package causes SQLServerAgent error

12. Package Body causes NULL into SYS.OBJ Error


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software