Log Ship and BCP 
Author Message
 Log Ship and BCP
As BCP is a non-logged event, how is this handled in a
Log Shipping scenario? It appears to me that this data
will never make it over to the subscriber. Wouldn't I
have to run replication in this case?


Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:52:43 GMT
 Log Ship and BCP

SQL 7.0
Transaction log sequence is broken when you perform any
non-logged operations on the source server. Transaction
log backups are not allowed after you perform non-logged
activity.
Perform either a full or a differential backup of the
database after any non-logged operation. Restore that
backup on the destination server before you resume log
shipping.

SQL 2000

The database that you set up for Log Shipping must use
either the bulk-logged or full recovery model. A database
that uses the simple recovery model cannot be log shipped
because the simple recovery model does not allow
transaction log backups.

--Vishal

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>As BCP is a non-logged event, how is this handled in a
>Log Shipping scenario? It appears to me that this data
>will never make it over to the subscriber. Wouldn't I
>have to run replication in this case?
>.



Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:08:16 GMT
 Log Ship and BCP
The database is SQL2000

So your saying if I run in Full Rcovery mode, even a BCP
operation will be recovered with the log restore?

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>SQL 7.0
>Transaction log sequence is broken when you perform any
>non-logged operations on the source server. Transaction
>log backups are not allowed after you perform non-logged
>activity.
>Perform either a full or a differential backup of the
>database after any non-logged operation. Restore that
>backup on the destination server before you resume log
>shipping.

>SQL 2000

>The database that you set up for Log Shipping must use
>either the bulk-logged or full recovery model. A
database
>that uses the simple recovery model cannot be log
shipped
>because the simple recovery model does not allow
>transaction log backups.

>--Vishal

>>-----Original Message-----
>>As BCP is a non-logged event, how is this handled in a
>>Log Shipping scenario? It appears to me that this data
>>will never make it over to the subscriber. Wouldn't I
>>have to run replication in this case?
>>.

>.



Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:22:14 GMT
 Log Ship and BCP
Yes.

--Vishal.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>The database is SQL2000

>So your saying if I run in Full Rcovery mode, even a BCP
>operation will be recovered with the log restore?

>>-----Original Message-----
>>SQL 7.0
>>Transaction log sequence is broken when you perform any
>>non-logged operations on the source server. Transaction
>>log backups are not allowed after you perform non-logged
>>activity.
>>Perform either a full or a differential backup of the
>>database after any non-logged operation. Restore that
>>backup on the destination server before you resume log
>>shipping.

>>SQL 2000

>>The database that you set up for Log Shipping must use
>>either the bulk-logged or full recovery model. A
>database
>>that uses the simple recovery model cannot be log
>shipped
>>because the simple recovery model does not allow
>>transaction log backups.

>>--Vishal

>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>As BCP is a non-logged event, how is this handled in a
>>>Log Shipping scenario? It appears to me that this data
>>>will never make it over to the subscriber. Wouldn't I
>>>have to run replication in this case?
>>>.

>>.

>.



Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:47:50 GMT
 Log Ship and BCP
Thanks!
Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Yes.

>--Vishal.

>>-----Original Message-----
>>The database is SQL2000

>>So your saying if I run in Full Rcovery mode, even a
BCP
>>operation will be recovered with the log restore?

>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>SQL 7.0
>>>Transaction log sequence is broken when you perform
any
>>>non-logged operations on the source server.
Transaction
>>>log backups are not allowed after you perform non-
logged
>>>activity.
>>>Perform either a full or a differential backup of the
>>>database after any non-logged operation. Restore that
>>>backup on the destination server before you resume log
>>>shipping.

>>>SQL 2000

>>>The database that you set up for Log Shipping must use
>>>either the bulk-logged or full recovery model. A
>>database
>>>that uses the simple recovery model cannot be log
>>shipped
>>>because the simple recovery model does not allow
>>>transaction log backups.

>>>--Vishal

>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>As BCP is a non-logged event, how is this handled in
a
>>>>Log Shipping scenario? It appears to me that this
data
>>>>will never make it over to the subscriber. Wouldn't I
>>>>have to run replication in this case?
>>>>.

>>>.

>>.

>.



Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:55:22 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. log shipping with bcp

2. Log Shipping/Trans Log Backups

3. Log Shipping and NT Application log

4. Log Shipping - Need wizard-type to explain Mystery message in Entity Log

5. Shrinking live transaction log in log shipping environment.

6. Log Shipping - logging users out

7. Log Shipping - Manually Restoring Logs

8. Log Shipping: conflicting schedules with daily tran logs backpu jobs

9. Log Shipping - specifying NIC card to use when sending transaction log files

10. Log Shipping Utility - Corrupt Log Error

11. Log shipping: Auto restore transaction log?

12. Log shipping & missing of logs


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software