Linking DB2 Database in SQL Server 2000 
Author Message
 Linking DB2 Database in SQL Server 2000
I am trying to link a DB2 (AS/400) database to my SQL Server 2000. Can
anyone recommend the best driver to use please? I will mostly be reading
from the linked server and performance is critical.

I would like to use the DB2OLEDB driver provided by Microsoft, however, I
think I can only get this through Host Integration Server. I do not want to
install HIS and also do not want to create a DSN as this would cause a
negative impact on performance.

If anyone has done this, please let me know.

Many thanks

Paul G



Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:32:04 GMT
 Linking DB2 Database in SQL Server 2000

You can use the OLEDB provider for ODBC to communicate with the ODBC driver
for DB2 (which you need to purchase from IBM) which establishes the
connection to the DB2 data source.

Hope this helps,
Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.



Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:12:27 GMT
 Linking DB2 Database in SQL Server 2000
Farooq, Many thanks. Are you aware of any limitations of this driver?

Thanks

Paul



Quote:
> You can use the OLEDB provider for ODBC to communicate with the ODBC
driver
> for DB2 (which you need to purchase from IBM) which establishes the
> connection to the DB2 data source.

> Hope this helps,
> Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

> Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
> Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> http://www.microsoft.com/security.



Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:19:54 GMT
 Linking DB2 Database in SQL Server 2000
See my posting in microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts newsgroup entitled "Date
Transformation Error".

I'm having problems transforming datetime fields from DB2 into SQL Server
2000.  Seems to be an ODBC issue, but I can't be sure if the problem is with
IBM's ODBC driver or MS's OLEDB driver.  I think they are both used.
Otherwise, the driver seems okay.

Chuck


Quote:
> Farooq, Many thanks. Are you aware of any limitations of this driver?

> Thanks

> Paul



> > You can use the OLEDB provider for ODBC to communicate with the ODBC
> driver
> > for DB2 (which you need to purchase from IBM) which establishes the
> > connection to the DB2 data source.

> > Hope this helps,
> > Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.

> > Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology
Protection
> > Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security.



Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:39:58 GMT
 Linking DB2 Database in SQL Server 2000
Chuck, Many thanks!

Paul

Quote:
> See my posting in microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts newsgroup entitled "Date
> Transformation Error".

> I'm having problems transforming datetime fields from DB2 into SQL Server
> 2000.  Seems to be an ODBC issue, but I can't be sure if the problem is
with
> IBM's ODBC driver or MS's OLEDB driver.  I think they are both used.
> Otherwise, the driver seems okay.

> Chuck



> > Farooq, Many thanks. Are you aware of any limitations of this driver?

> > Thanks

> > Paul



> > > You can use the OLEDB provider for ODBC to communicate with the ODBC
> > driver
> > > for DB2 (which you need to purchase from IBM) which establishes the
> > > connection to the DB2 data source.

> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Farooq Mahmud [MS SQL Support]

> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> > rights.

> > > Are you secure?  For information about the Strategic Technology
> Protection
> > > Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/security.



Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:08:05 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Linking DB2 Database in SQL Server 2000

2. Linking DB2 database in SQL Server 2000

3. Linked Server SQL 2000 to OS/390 DB2

4. linking db2 server to sql 2000

5. Configuring DB2 / AS400 as a Linked server in SQL 2000

6. Linking AS400 DB2 to SQL Server 2000

7. LINKED SERVERS : How to link MySQL server on SQL Sever 2000

8. Linked Server Configuration - SQL Server 2000/Windows 2000

9. linked servers with windows 2000 professional/sql server 2000

10. How to set a DB2/MVS database as publisher with SQL Server 2000

11. Error accessing IBM DB2 database using SQL Server 2000

12. Linking SQL Server version 7.0 to SQL Server 2000


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software