Data Driven Query - Delete from the Source Connection 
Author Message
 Data Driven Query - Delete from the Source Connection
I am using DTS to copy a subset of rows from a tableX in SQL 7 to tableY in
an Access database.  Once each row is successfully copied into tableY, I
would like to delete that row from tableX.  However, in the Query Builder of
the DDQ, the only tables that I can select to delete from are the tables in
the Access database (the destination).  I would like to be able to
manipulate the tables in SQL 7 (the source) as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

MATT



Tue, 09 Dec 2003 04:35:42 GMT
 Data Driven Query - Delete from the Source Connection

You are using the destination connection so it will always give that option.
Why not have an ExecSQL statement that executes after the datamovement is
complete that does the delete for you?

-Euan



Quote:
> I am using DTS to copy a subset of rows from a tableX in SQL 7 to tableY
in
> an Access database.  Once each row is successfully copied into tableY, I
> would like to delete that row from tableX.  However, in the Query Builder
of
> the DDQ, the only tables that I can select to delete from are the tables
in
> the Access database (the destination).  I would like to be able to
> manipulate the tables in SQL 7 (the source) as well.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks

> MATT



Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:00:59 GMT
 Data Driven Query - Delete from the Source Connection
My goal is to move 1 record from source to target then to delete that
individual record on the source. So the ExecSQL statement after the entire
data movement would not work for me in this case.

Thanks though,

MATT


Quote:
> You are using the destination connection so it will always give that
option.
> Why not have an ExecSQL statement that executes after the datamovement is
> complete that does the delete for you?

> -Euan



> > I am using DTS to copy a subset of rows from a tableX in SQL 7 to tableY
> in
> > an Access database.  Once each row is successfully copied into tableY, I
> > would like to delete that row from tableX.  However, in the Query
Builder
> of
> > the DDQ, the only tables that I can select to delete from are the tables
> in
> > the Access database (the destination).  I would like to be able to
> > manipulate the tables in SQL 7 (the source) as well.

> > Any suggestions?

> > Thanks

> > MATT



Sat, 13 Dec 2003 07:54:31 GMT
 Data Driven Query - Delete from the Source Connection
Hmmm, ok, not sure why you are trying it this way, but in that case how
about calling an SP from the DDQ that does the insert and the delete of the
row in one call?

-Euan



Quote:
> My goal is to move 1 record from source to target then to delete that
> individual record on the source. So the ExecSQL statement after the entire
> data movement would not work for me in this case.

> Thanks though,

> MATT



> > You are using the destination connection so it will always give that
> option.
> > Why not have an ExecSQL statement that executes after the datamovement
is
> > complete that does the delete for you?

> > -Euan



> > > I am using DTS to copy a subset of rows from a tableX in SQL 7 to
tableY
> > in
> > > an Access database.  Once each row is successfully copied into tableY,
I
> > > would like to delete that row from tableX.  However, in the Query
> Builder
> > of
> > > the DDQ, the only tables that I can select to delete from are the
tables
> > in
> > > the Access database (the destination).  I would like to be able to
> > > manipulate the tables in SQL 7 (the source) as well.

> > > Any suggestions?

> > > Thanks

> > > MATT



Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:21:31 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. DTS Data Driven Query Source Filter?

2. Data Driven Query - specify query in global variable?

3. Using Text File as Data Source - Placement on network (mapped) drive

4. Data Pump or Data-Driven Query?

5. Data Driven Query & Multiphase Data Pump

6. Data Pump Error in Data Driven Query task

7. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

8. Help:ODBC Data Source Admin doesn't show Names of new Data Sources

9. cannot add MSAccess 97 data source in ODBC Data Source Admin

10. object transfer deleting data from source db

11. manual db move deletes SOURCE data

12. Dynamic change connection data sources


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software