ADO Data Control/ADO Code or Class? 
Author Message
 ADO Data Control/ADO Code or Class?
I have used all three, I have found the ADO Data Control is the slowest, and
seems to take the most overhead, but between using ADO Code in the form or
creating a Class for the ADO code, which is best.
Which has the most flexibility?
Which is the fastest at read/write?

I can't seem to decide with the tests that I have done, so I am looking to
you all to let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Clarence



Mon, 19 Jul 2004 03:23:24 GMT
 ADO Data Control/ADO Code or Class?

Sorry, I forgot to add:

I am using an Access backend database.  Only a few thousand records, 15
tables.


Quote:
> I have used all three, I have found the ADO Data Control is the slowest,
and
> seems to take the most overhead, but between using ADO Code in the form or
> creating a Class for the ADO code, which is best.
> Which has the most flexibility?
> Which is the fastest at read/write?

> I can't seem to decide with the tests that I have done, so I am looking to
> you all to let me know what you think.

> Thanks!

> Clarence



Mon, 19 Jul 2004 03:44:57 GMT
 ADO Data Control/ADO Code or Class?
Hi,

Personally I am not using any binding. I am working with
ADO directly. It allows me to control over my code and
gives me more flexibility. From performance point of view
I think it also has advantages.

Val

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Sorry, I forgot to add:

>I am using an Access backend database.  Only a few

thousand records, 15
Quote:
>tables.



>> I have used all three, I have found the ADO Data

Control is the slowest,
Quote:
>and
>> seems to take the most overhead, but between using ADO
Code in the form or
>> creating a Class for the ADO code, which is best.
>> Which has the most flexibility?
>> Which is the fastest at read/write?

>> I can't seem to decide with the tests that I have done,
so I am looking to
>> you all to let me know what you think.

>> Thanks!

>> Clarence

>.



Mon, 19 Jul 2004 03:56:11 GMT
 ADO Data Control/ADO Code or Class?
Where do you put the code then?  Module, Class, or Form?


Quote:

> Personally I am not using any binding. I am working with
> ADO directly. It allows me to control over my code and
> gives me more flexibility. From performance point of view
> I think it also has advantages.

> Val

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Sorry, I forgot to add:

> >I am using an Access backend database.  Only a few
> thousand records, 15
> >tables.



> >> I have used all three, I have found the ADO Data
> Control is the slowest,
> >and
> >> seems to take the most overhead, but between using ADO
> Code in the form or
> >> creating a Class for the ADO code, which is best.
> >> Which has the most flexibility?
> >> Which is the fastest at read/write?

> >> I can't seem to decide with the tests that I have done,
> so I am looking to
> >> you all to let me know what you think.

> >> Thanks!

> >> Clarence

> >.



Mon, 19 Jul 2004 04:48:43 GMT
 ADO Data Control/ADO Code or Class?
Hi,

It depends on how you design your application. You can put
your code anywhere you want - Form,Class, Module.

Val

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Where do you put the code then?  Module, Class, or Form?



>> Personally I am not using any binding. I am working with
>> ADO directly. It allows me to control over my code and
>> gives me more flexibility. From performance point of
view
>> I think it also has advantages.

>> Val

>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Sorry, I forgot to add:

>> >I am using an Access backend database.  Only a few
>> thousand records, 15
>> >tables.


message

>> >> I have used all three, I have found the ADO Data
>> Control is the slowest,
>> >and
>> >> seems to take the most overhead, but between using
ADO
>> Code in the form or
>> >> creating a Class for the ADO code, which is best.
>> >> Which has the most flexibility?
>> >> Which is the fastest at read/write?

>> >> I can't seem to decide with the tests that I have
done,
>> so I am looking to
>> >> you all to let me know what you think.

>> >> Thanks!

>> >> Clarence

>> >.

>.



Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:02:46 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Should I use ADO classes or place ADO code in forms

2. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

3. Help ! ADO data control and standard data control

4. Create User Control as Data Source Using ADO Data Control

5. Bind an ado recordset directly to an ado data control (adodc)

6. use ado control, ado object or data environment?

7. ADO Data Control conflicts with ADO 2.5 Library

8. ADO Data control bind to ADO DataGrid

9. ADO Libary or ADO Data control?

10. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

11. Problems with ADO Data Control in User Controls

12. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software