Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1] 
Author Message
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]

Hi, I've been getting the follwing error on my Win2k machine, but not on
any other Win98 machine. It happens after I attempt to login. Other
people have said that this error occurs when a certain number of users
are logged, but I get it no matter how many people are logged in. Has
anyone had this and figured it out?

Error: Btrieve not running, Op: Version, File:0 [20:26:0]
Error: File Not Open, Op: Get Equal, File: [3:5:1]

--
Posted via http://www.***.com/



Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:58:08 GMT
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]

The first message means that Btrieve or Pervasive is not installed or
is missing some component. The second message is typical for
applications that do not trap errors while opening files and still try
to do an operation on a file that failed to open.

What version of Btrieve or Pervasive are you using?

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:58:08 +0000, markthahn

Quote:

>Hi, I've been getting the follwing error on my Win2k machine, but not on
>any other Win98 machine. It happens after I attempt to login. Other
>people have said that this error occurs when a certain number of users
>are logged, but I get it no matter how many people are logged in. Has
>anyone had this and figured it out?

>Error: Btrieve not running, Op: Version, File:0 [20:26:0]
>Error: File Not Open, Op: Get Equal, File: [3:5:1]

 Gordon Bos
 Q-RY Solutions
 +31-(0)15-2564035

 http://www.q-ry.nl/



Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:40:14 GMT
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]

I am using Btrieve 6.15.  I think it may be a Novell client error.  One
of my other databases couldn't access the network because I had Novell
client 4.83, but no SP1.  I see if I can get around to installing Yardi
again this week to see if the SP1 worked. I'll post my results.
Thanks.

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com



Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:34:23 GMT
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]
Check for a file called nwlocale.dll. It used to be part of older
Novell clients and I don't think it's still in client32 4.83. You need
this file to make the Btrieve 6.15 requester work.

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:34:23 +0000, markthahn

Quote:

>I am using Btrieve 6.15.  I think it may be a Novell client error.  One
>of my other databases couldn't access the network because I had Novell
>client 4.83, but no SP1.  I see if I can get around to installing Yardi
>again this week to see if the SP1 worked. I'll post my results.
>Thanks.

 Gordon Bos
 Q-RY Solutions
 +31-(0)15-2564035

 http://www.q-ry.nl/



Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:23:48 GMT
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]

Nope, the Yardi database still doesn't open with the new Novell client
Service Pack.  Any advice?

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com



Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:47:36 GMT
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]

Yes, I have NwLocale.dll in my NT folder.  Actually, I got so fed up
with this that I rebuilt my computer today, and I'm coming up with the
same error. Maybe I'll setup a dedicated computer for Yardi! Thanks for
your help Gordon and I'm open to anymore ideas.

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com



Sun, 03 Jul 2005 06:01:10 GMT
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]

Now I have a new error.  It's the same as the last one except it refers
to pmuser.dat [20:0:1].

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com



Sun, 03 Jul 2005 06:18:33 GMT
 Btrieve error [20:26:0] and [3:5:1]
Maybe I should explain what the error code is about.  The code
consists of three numerical parts that are seperated by colons. The
first part refers to the Btrieve statuscode, the second part to the
Btrieve operation that was being processed and the third one any error
that is being returned by the OS (Windows).

Your error thus says that the Btrieve API is not available (statuscode
20) while you were trying to open file pmuser.dat (opcode 0) and that
Windows returned a message about an invalid function (OS code 1). The
OS error probably refers to conflicting OS library files (mfc42.dll,
clib*.dll, msvcrt.dll etc.).

I actually overlooked the OS code 1 in your original post. Depending
on your minor version of Btrieve 6.15, you may require several other
NetWare libaries (nwcalls, nwlocale, nwipxspx, nwnet, tli_spx,
tli_win, w16nr and w32nr). Several of these files may be on your
workstation, but may in their current version be incompatible with
your version of Btrieve.

Gordon

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:18:33 +0000, markthahn

Quote:

>Now I have a new error.  It's the same as the last one except it refers
>to pmuser.dat [20:0:1].

 Gordon Bos
 Q-RY Solutions
 +31-(0)15-2564035

 http://www.q-ry.nl/



Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:34:05 GMT
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. SQL 2000 - Btrieve Error 85 and Btrieve Error 4

2. 1 [MERANT][ODBC Btrieve driver][Btrieve]The Record Manager is not loaded

3. Btrieve and Titan - getting HEX codes out of btrieve file

4. VB3 or VB5 / Btrieve - How to connect to Btrieve 6.15 Files

5. VB3 or VB5 / Btrieve - How to connect to Btrieve 6.15 Files

6. Btrieve - How can I access Btrieve files in VB 5.0

7. BTrieve 5.10 for Win or BTrieve 6.15 for DOS

8. BTrieve 6.15 vs BTrieve 7: B_STAT returns different datalength (parameter 4)

9. Btrieve 6 <> Btrieve 7 incompatibility

10. Btrieve 6.10a/c server and NT client using 6.15 Btrieve SDK

11. Porting BTrieve 5 (Pascal) to Btrieve 6.15 (Delphi)


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software