Format text in memo field 
Author Message
 Format text in memo field

Hi

Is it possible to format text in a memo field
i.e. make some text bold,italics,underline as in WORD

I have moved the text to a WORD OLE object but was just curious
if any formating can be done in a memo field

thanks
steve
--

3M Health Information Systems                          --------  __o
Wallingford, Connecticut                              -------  _`\<,_
Give me your dirty love -- Frank Zappa               -------  (*)/ (*)



Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Format text in memo field

Nope. Memo fields contain ASCII text only.


Quote:
> Hi

> Is it possible to format text in a memo field
> i.e. make some text bold,italics,underline as in WORD

> I have moved the text to a WORD OLE object but was just curious
> if any formating can be done in a memo field

> thanks
> steve
> --

> 3M Health Information Systems                          --------  __o
> Wallingford, Connecticut                              -------  _`\<,_
> Give me your dirty love -- Frank Zappa               -------  (*)/ (*)



Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Format text in memo field

Quote:

> Nope. Memo fields contain ASCII text only.

Dan...I'm having trouble printing a memo field with more than 254
characters in it!  I'm using FP2.6 for Windows, using the report
writer.  The field is formatted to 'stretch'.  I've played around with
the memowidth set command to no avail.  I still get the 'String to long
to fit' error when it encounters the record with the 255 characters in
its memo field.

Any suggestions?  It would be a great help.

Thanks...

Tim Horne
HAZWRAP Programmer
Oak Ridge, TN

423-435-3792



Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Format text in memo field


Quote:

> > Nope. Memo fields contain ASCII text only.

> Dan...I'm having trouble printing a memo field with more than 254
> characters in it!  I'm using FP2.6 for Windows, using the report
> writer.  The field is formatted to 'stretch'.  I've played around with
> the memowidth set command to no avail.  I still get the 'String to long
> to fit' error when it encounters the record with the 255 characters in
> its memo field.

> Any suggestions?  It would be a great help.

> Thanks...

> Tim Horne
> HAZWRAP Programmer
> Oak Ridge, TN

> 423-435-3792

NOTE: microsoft has patches for free download to upgrade
to Foxprow 2.6a on the net. It may have a"fix"




Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Format text in memo field


Quote:

> > Nope. Memo fields contain ASCII text only.

> Dan...I'm having trouble printing a memo field with more than 254
> characters in it!  I'm using FP2.6 for Windows, using the report
> writer.  The field is formatted to 'stretch'.  I've played around with
> the memowidth set command to no avail.  I still get the 'String to long
> to fit' error when it encounters the record with the 255 characters in
> its memo field.

> Any suggestions?  It would be a great help.

> Thanks...

> Tim Horne
> HAZWRAP Programmer
> Oak Ridge, TN

> 423-435-3792

I have also developed a program that has the same trouble. Whatever you do,
do not paste material into the memo field. If the material being pasted is too
much (more than 255 bytes) you will do serious damage to your database. You
will probably lose some data as well.

Grady McCue
Foxprow programmer



Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Format text in memo field

Quote:



> > > Nope. Memo fields contain ASCII text only.

> > Dan...I'm having trouble printing a memo field with more than 254
> > characters in it!  I'm using FP2.6 for Windows, using the report
> > writer.  The field is formatted to 'stretch'.  I've played around with
> > the memowidth set command to no avail.  I still get the 'String to long
> > to fit' error when it encounters the record with the 255 characters in
> > its memo field.

> > Any suggestions?  It would be a great help.

> > Thanks...

> > Tim Horne
> > HAZWRAP Programmer
> > Oak Ridge, TN

> > 423-435-3792

> NOTE: microsoft has patches for free download to upgrade
> to Foxprow 2.6a on the net. It may have a"fix"



Look at the MEMLINES() and MLINE() functions.


Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. fully-formatted text in MEMO field

2. Formatted Text in Memo Fields ? FP Win 2.6

3. Copying text into formatted memo fields

4. Exporting formatted Memo fields in a text file

5. HOW TO EXPORT TEXT FROM MEMO-FIELDS TO ASCII FORMAT

6. How to include text formatting in memo field or in report

7. Formatted memo fields not retaining formatting in Win 98

8. Help!! Formatting impossible in formatted memo field

9. Help!! Formatting impossible in formatted memo field

10. Export Formatted Memo Fields with formats

11. Converting VFP memo fields to SQL Server text fields


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software