Fw: configure error with krb5 
Author Message
 Fw: configure error with krb5

Hello all,

Since there is no reply, i'm forwarding it again.
hope someone will help me to overcome this.

advance thanks,
-kanchana

Quote:
> Hello all,

>     I'm using postgresql-latest version. I'm not able to configure with
> kerberos5(latest).
> While configuring postgresql, i got the following error.

> $./configure --with-openssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
> :
> :
> checking for inflate in -lz... yes
> checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
> checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... -lk5crypto
> checking for library containing krb5_sendauth... no
> configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_sendauth' required for
> Kerberos 5

> how to avoid this.? plz help me asap.

> OS: HP-UX 11i

> Advance thanks,
> -Kanchana

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate

message can get through to the mailing list cleanly


Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:57:29 GMT
 Fw: configure error with krb5

Uh, you can look in config.log and see how it is looking for that
function.  You can then modify configure to test a different way or
figure out a way so configure finds what it needs.

If you send over the part of config.log dealing with that test, it may
help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

> Hello all,

> Since there is no reply, i'm forwarding it again.
> hope someone will help me to overcome this.

> advance thanks,
> -kanchana

> > Hello all,

> >     I'm using postgresql-latest version. I'm not able to configure with
> > kerberos5(latest).
> > While configuring postgresql, i got the following error.

> > $./configure --with-openssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
> > :
> > :
> > checking for inflate in -lz... yes
> > checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
> > checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... -lk5crypto
> > checking for library containing krb5_sendauth... no
> > configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_sendauth' required for
> > Kerberos 5

> > how to avoid this.? plz help me asap.

> > OS: HP-UX 11i

> > Advance thanks,
> > -Kanchana

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate

> message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 00:49:23 GMT
 Fw: configure error with krb5
Hello Bruce Momjian,

Thanks for your response. I planned to compile without any options like ssl
and krb5.

just
./configure --prefix=/opt/postgres --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib --with-in
cludes=/usr/local/include/readli
ne
      gmake and gmake install

It compiles and installed.

But while doing basic testing , it gives following error ........
i thinkproblem is in readline. (i have tried with hp-ux readline (from depot
too), same probelm.

i.e...
while testing:-

$ /opt/postgres/bin/psql test2
Welcome to psql 7.3.1, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
       \q to quit

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: tgetent (code)  from
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.sl
Abort(coredump)

Test logfile:-

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2003-01-17 05:58:00 PST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/83B1A8
LOG:  redo record is at 0/83B1A8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 480; next oid: 16976
LOG:  database system is ready

LOG:  pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Plz tell me how to overcome this.? I'm using HP-UX11.11
Once its ok, then i can try with krb5.

Advance thanks and regards,
-Kanchana

Quote:

> Uh, you can look in config.log and see how it is looking for that
> function.  You can then modify configure to test a different way or
> figure out a way so configure finds what it needs.

> If you send over the part of config.log dealing with that test, it may
> help.

> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
-


> > Hello all,

> > Since there is no reply, i'm forwarding it again.
> > hope someone will help me to overcome this.

> > advance thanks,
> > -kanchana

> > > Hello all,

> > >     I'm using postgresql-latest version. I'm not able to configure
with
> > > kerberos5(latest).
> > > While configuring postgresql, i got the following error.

> > > $./configure --with-openssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
> > > :
> > > :
> > > checking for inflate in -lz... yes
> > > checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
> > > checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... -lk5crypto
> > > checking for library containing krb5_sendauth... no
> > > configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_sendauth' required for
> > > Kerberos 5

> > > how to avoid this.? plz help me asap.

> > > OS: HP-UX 11i

> > > Advance thanks,
> > > -Kanchana

> > ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> > TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate

> > message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
19073

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:07:10 GMT
 Fw: configure error with krb5

Quote:

> i thinkproblem is in readline. (i have tried with hp-ux readline (from depot
> too), same probelm.

Giles Lean tracked down this issue a week or three back.  IIRC the
conclusion was that libreadline needed some source tweaks to work
properly as a shared library on HPUX --- it doesn't establish a proper
dependency on libcurses, or something like that.  Check the PG list
archives for details.

                        regards, tom lane

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?

http://archives.postgresql.org



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:17:15 GMT
 Fw: configure error with krb5

For tget, you need -ltermcap or -lcurses on the link line of psql.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

> Hello Bruce Momjian,

> Thanks for your response. I planned to compile without any options like ssl
> and krb5.

> just
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/postgres --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib --with-in
> cludes=/usr/local/include/readli
> ne
>       gmake and gmake install

> It compiles and installed.

> But while doing basic testing , it gives following error ........
> i thinkproblem is in readline. (i have tried with hp-ux readline (from depot
> too), same probelm.

> i.e...
> while testing:-

> $ /opt/postgres/bin/psql test2
> Welcome to psql 7.3.1, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>        \h for help with SQL commands
>        \? for help on internal slash commands
>        \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>        \q to quit

> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: tgetent (code)  from
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.sl
> Abort(coredump)

> Test logfile:-

> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2003-01-17 05:58:00 PST
> LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/83B1A8
> LOG:  redo record is at 0/83B1A8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
> LOG:  next transaction id: 480; next oid: 16976
> LOG:  database system is ready

> LOG:  pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

> Plz tell me how to overcome this.? I'm using HP-UX11.11
> Once its ok, then i can try with krb5.

> Advance thanks and regards,
> -Kanchana

> > Uh, you can look in config.log and see how it is looking for that
> > function.  You can then modify configure to test a different way or
> > figure out a way so configure finds what it needs.

> > If you send over the part of config.log dealing with that test, it may
> > help.

> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -


> > > Hello all,

> > > Since there is no reply, i'm forwarding it again.
> > > hope someone will help me to overcome this.

> > > advance thanks,
> > > -kanchana

> > > > Hello all,

> > > >     I'm using postgresql-latest version. I'm not able to configure
> with
> > > > kerberos5(latest).
> > > > While configuring postgresql, i got the following error.

> > > > $./configure --with-openssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
> > > > :
> > > > :
> > > > checking for inflate in -lz... yes
> > > > checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
> > > > checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... -lk5crypto
> > > > checking for library containing krb5_sendauth... no
> > > > configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_sendauth' required for
> > > > Kerberos 5

> > > > how to avoid this.? plz help me asap.

> > > > OS: HP-UX 11i

> > > > Advance thanks,
> > > > -Kanchana

> > > ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> > > TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate

> > > message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
> 19073

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?

http://archives.postgresql.org



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:19:03 GMT
 Fw: configure error with krb5

Quote:

> Hello Bruce Momjian,

>     Thanks a lot for all. I tried by adding -lcurses on link line of psql.
> Looks like it works fine.

> Next i moved to compile with krb5, it gives error.
> as follows..........
> #./configure --prefix=/opt/postgresql --enable-integer-datetimes --with-open
> ssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5

> ----------no problem here.

> #gmake gives ERROR
> :
> :
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld -b +b /opt/postgresql/lib fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o
> fe-misc.o fe-print.o fe-lobj.o pqexpbuffer.o dllist.o md5.o pqsignal.o
> fe-secure.o wchar.o
> encnames.o  -L/usr/local/krb5/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lkrb5
>  -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lnsl  -o libpq.sl
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (fe-auth.o) was
> detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: DP relative code in file
> /usr/local/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(init_ctx.o) - shared library must be position
>     independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.

Right here, it looks like the k5crypto library wasn't created properly.
I think the problem is that it is trying to create a shared libpq, but
kerberos is a non-shared *.a library, or has non-shared object files in
it.  Just a guess, of course.

--
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us

  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?

http://archives.postgresql.org



Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:47:12 GMT
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Fw: configure error with krb5

2. configure error with krb5

3. FW: FW: FW: FW: Explain (more is better?)

4. FW: FW: FW: Same configuration ?

5. FW: FW: FW: Explain (more is better?)

6. Fw: QNX : POSSIBLE BUG IN CONFIGURE ?

7. FW: Configure an ODBC connection!

8. FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: Explain (more is better?)

9. problem in installing postgresql with krb5

10. FW: FW: Rollforwarddb -j - to alternative database

11. FW: FW: onstat -g ntu

12. Fw: Fw: How to let informix crash


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software