About MS SQL ACCESS FOX PRO SERVLETS 
Author Message
 About MS SQL ACCESS FOX PRO SERVLETS

Hi Everybody,

I am thinking about a system Database-Clients in which the user interface is
separated from the process of retrieving and updating data. To do so I think
to using Servlets and to have the user interface on a webbrother or on a
java application.

1. The database will exceed 1 GO and will be on a NT Server.
2. There will be at least 5 clients (connexions)

I) Among SQL SERVER, ACCESS, and FOX PRO what is the best choice?
II) Can servlets work with IIS server?
III)What would be the best approach to my problem?

Thank you very much.



Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About MS SQL ACCESS FOX PRO SERVLETS

Quote:
> I) Among SQL SERVER, ACCESS, and FOX PRO what is the best choice?

Because of concurrency the use of SQL Server is obvious.

Quote:
> II) Can servlets work with IIS server?

I don't know by the use of another Server is valuable

Quote:

> III)What would be the best approach to my problem?

You can use JSP/Servlet and EJB with an application server like IAS from inprise
or OAS from Oracle
You could also use the free SUN J2EE KIT for development and deploy on another.
Quote:
> Thank you very much.



Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About MS SQL ACCESS FOX PRO SERVLETS
thanks for your answer

I think I am going to figure out how the system Oracle OAS - JSP-  Servlet
works.


Quote:
>> I) Among SQL SERVER, ACCESS, and FOX PRO what is the best choice?

>Because of concurrency the use of SQL Server is obvious.

>> II) Can servlets work with IIS server?

>I don't know by the use of another Server is valuable

>> III)What would be the best approach to my problem?

>You can use JSP/Servlet and EJB with an application server like IAS from
inprise
>or OAS from Oracle
>You could also use the free SUN J2EE KIT for development and deploy on
another.

>> Thank you very much.



Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About MS SQL ACCESS FOX PRO SERVLETS
   Any client/server db is better than Access or Fox.   They aren't
build for that kind of use.

Quote:

>I) Among SQL SERVER, ACCESS, and FOX PRO what is the best choice?

--------
To send me email remove "REMOVETHIS" from my address.


Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About MS SQL ACCESS FOX PRO SERVLETS
Quote:

> Hi Everybody,

> I am thinking about a system Database-Clients in which the user interface is
> separated from the process of retrieving and updating data. To do so I think
> to using Servlets and to have the user interface on a webbrother or on a
> java application.

> 1. The database will exceed 1 GO and will be on a NT Server.
> 2. There will be at least 5 clients (connexions)

> I) Among SQL SERVER, ACCESS, and FOX PRO what is the best choice?

SQL Server or Visual Foxpro.  MS Access is very limited in size - 1 GB
maxes it out. Access has only one file extent, and uses a somewhat
obscure version of the SQL language.  Visual Foxpro is more capable.

However, SQL Server is the best (of the three). For JDBC drivers, you
can use a direct driver with SQL Server: JTurbo, FreeTDS, BEA, or Inet
(as well as JDataConnect}.  For Visual Foxpro (or Access), you should
use something like JDataConnect.  Whatever you do, don't use "the
Bridge."

Quote:
> II) Can servlets work with IIS server?

Yes, if you install Allarie JRun or NewAtlanta ServletExec.  Either will
greatly improves IIS performance as they require very little NT
resources to run.

Quote:
> III)What would be the best approach to my problem?

I think you're headed in the right direction.  Java Servlets are
portable if you outgrow the NT box.

HTH,

Rich Katz



Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 About MS SQL ACCESS FOX PRO SERVLETS
thank you


Quote:

>> Hi Everybody,

>> I am thinking about a system Database-Clients in which the user interface
is
>> separated from the process of retrieving and updating data. To do so I
think
>> to using Servlets and to have the user interface on a webbrother or on a
>> java application.

>> 1. The database will exceed 1 GO and will be on a NT Server.
>> 2. There will be at least 5 clients (connexions)

>> I) Among SQL SERVER, ACCESS, and FOX PRO what is the best choice?
>SQL Server or Visual Foxpro.  MS Access is very limited in size - 1 GB
>maxes it out. Access has only one file extent, and uses a somewhat
>obscure version of the SQL language.  Visual Foxpro is more capable.

>However, SQL Server is the best (of the three). For JDBC drivers, you
>can use a direct driver with SQL Server: JTurbo, FreeTDS, BEA, or Inet
>(as well as JDataConnect}.  For Visual Foxpro (or Access), you should
>use something like JDataConnect.  Whatever you do, don't use "the
>Bridge."

>> II) Can servlets work with IIS server?

>Yes, if you install Allarie JRun or NewAtlanta ServletExec.  Either will
>greatly improves IIS performance as they require very little NT
>resources to run.

>> III)What would be the best approach to my problem?
>I think you're headed in the right direction.  Java Servlets are
>portable if you outgrow the NT box.

>HTH,

>Rich Katz



Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. MS ACCESS & FOX PRO

2. MS ACCESS & FOX PRO

3. Visual Fox Pro vs MS Access

4. difference between Fox pro and MS Access?

5. US-NC-Access Programmer, (Access 2.0 and 7.0, SQL Server, Fox Pro), DB Basics, Inc.#381

6. Using servlets to access MS access

7. Fox Pro ? using MS dbase driver

8. mails: ms fox pro to outlook

9. MS Visual Fox Pro (Personal Opinion Poll)

10. Again JDBC/ODBC (MS Access) and Servlets

11. Servlets and JDBC (MS Access)

12. FILE MAKER Pro Compatibility with MS ACCESS, MS EXCEL


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software