several LANGDRIVER with DBASE 
Author Message
 several LANGDRIVER with DBASE

My problem :

I have 2 DBASE databases using 2 LANGDRIVER ('WEurope' ANSI and dBASE FRA
cp850).

How is it possible to use these 2 databases with the same BDE definition.  
Is it possible to change the LANGDRIVER definition in a Delphi 3 program?
  or to have 2 alias one with LANGDRIVER='WEurope' ANSI and the other with
dBASE FRA cp850?.

Thanks for help
J-F Petit
--
--

*                 I.N.S.A. LYON   Departement Informatique
*    L3I   Laboratoire d'Ingenierie de l'Informatique Industrielle
* Bat. 502 20, avenue Albert Einstein   Tl/Phone : (33/0)4 72 43 83 75
* F-69621 VILLEURBANNE CEDEX  FRANCE  Fax : (33/0)4 72 43 85 18



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 several LANGDRIVER with DBASE

Just change the TDatabase params before connecting database:
Database.Params.Values['LANGDRIVER'] := 'dBASE FRA';
Database.Connected := true;

These parameters override the ones defined by alias/driver.

--
----------------------
Regards
Robert Cerny
Remove both qwe when replying

No questions via email, unless explicitly invited.

Quote:
>My problem :

>I have 2 DBASE databases using 2 LANGDRIVER ('WEurope' ANSI and dBASE FRA
>cp850).

>How is it possible to use these 2 databases with the same BDE definition.
>Is it possible to change the LANGDRIVER definition in a Delphi 3 program?
>  or to have 2 alias one with LANGDRIVER='WEurope' ANSI and the other with
>dBASE FRA cp850?.

>Thanks for help
>J-F Petit
>--
>--

>*                 I.N.S.A. LYON   Departement Informatique
>*    L3I   Laboratoire d'Ingenierie de l'Informatique Industrielle
>* Bat. 502 20, avenue Albert Einstein   Tl/Phone : (33/0)4 72 43 83 75
>* F-69621 VILLEURBANNE CEDEX  FRANCE  Fax : (33/0)4 72 43 85 18



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 several LANGDRIVER with DBASE
Sorry
I try this
Database.Params.Values['LANGDRIVER'] := 'dBASE FRA cp850';
Database.Connected := true;
and the langdriver is not changed.

Regards
J-F Petit
--
--

*                 I.N.S.A. LYON   Departement Informatique
*    L3I   Laboratoire d'Ingenierie de l'Informatique Industrielle
* Bat. 502 20, avenue Albert Einstein   Tel/Phone : (33/0)4 72 43 83 75
* F-69621 VILLEURBANNE CEDEX  FRANCE    Fax : (33/0)4 72 43 85 18



Quote:
> Just change the TDatabase params before connecting database:
> Database.Params.Values['LANGDRIVER'] := 'dBASE FRA';
> Database.Connected := true;

> These parameters override the ones defined by alias/driver.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 several LANGDRIVER with DBASE
Strange. I use this extensively and works fine.
Language driver affects translation only on sql databases, not collating
order.
Also, some databases impose language (like paradox) - language is stored in
table and overrides configuration setting. In this case the configuration
setting is applied only when creating new tables.
Other than that... well, play around, maybe there's a trick I forgot to
mention, but it surely works.
--
----------------------
Regards
Robert Cerny
Remove both qwe when replying

No questions via email, unless explicitly invited.

Quote:
>Sorry
>I try this
>Database.Params.Values['LANGDRIVER'] := 'dBASE FRA cp850';
>Database.Connected := true;
>and the langdriver is not changed.

>Regards
>J-F Petit
>--
>--

>*                 I.N.S.A. LYON   Departement Informatique
>*    L3I   Laboratoire d'Ingenierie de l'Informatique Industrielle
>* Bat. 502 20, avenue Albert Einstein   Tel/Phone : (33/0)4 72 43 83 75
>* F-69621 VILLEURBANNE CEDEX  FRANCE    Fax : (33/0)4 72 43 85 18



>> Just change the TDatabase params before connecting database:
>> Database.Params.Values['LANGDRIVER'] := 'dBASE FRA';
>> Database.Connected := true;

>> These parameters override the ones defined by alias/driver.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Link several DBase files

2. Several tables or Several databases?!

3. Several DBs vs. One DB with several schemas

4. Need help, Transfer record with several infos in several records

5. Using one or several tables for several cust.

6. How can I change LANGDRIVER of table programatically?

7. BDE LANGDRIVERS

8. Changing LANGDRIVER at runtime

9. changing LANGDRIVER at runtime

10. HEEEELP : Converting Table to new LangDriver

11. Changing Paradox LangDriver in Code

12. Need CYRILLIC langdriver for PDOX 8


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software