How can I get ADO Control to work with Data Environment? 
Author Message
 How can I get ADO Control to work with Data Environment?
    Hi! There,

    I set up a command in Data Environment to represent a table from the
connection1 and threw that command into a form(to generate a data input form
like Access form). In the form I also have a ADO control(Adodc1) at the
bottom. I ran my program with no error but Adodc1 was not enabled so I could
not browse through my table. I would like to know if there is anyway to make
this possible.

    Thanks,



Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I get ADO Control to work with Data Environment?

Quote:

>     I set up a command in Data Environment to represent a table from the
> connection1 and threw that command into a form(to generate a data input form
> like Access form). In the form I also have a ADO control(Adodc1) at the
> bottom. I ran my program with no error but Adodc1 was not enabled so I could
> not browse through my table. I would like to know if there is anyway to make
> this possible.

  I don't know how to connect ADO data control to DataEnvironment.  You
could put 4 CommandButtons on your form so you could browse throough the
table:  one button for MoveNext, MovePrevious, MoveFirst, MoveLast.
Code for MoveNext button would be like:

 If Not(DataEnvironment.rsCommand1.EOF) Then
   DataEnvironment.rsCommand1.MoveNext
 End If

I hope this idea helps you.
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address
change "REAL_Address.see.below" to "worldnet.att.net"

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?"
     - Nick Lowe



Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I get ADO Control to work with Data Environment?
Hi,
 the solution is very simple, you must write in the Form_Activte this line:
Set Your_Adodc_Name.Recorset=Your_DataEnvironment_Name.rsCommand1
where rsCommand1 is the Recorset of your Command1
Quote:

>     Hi! There,

>     I set up a command in Data Environment to represent a table from the
> connection1 and threw that command into a form(to generate a data input form
> like Access form). In the form I also have a ADO control(Adodc1) at the
> bottom. I ran my program with no error but Adodc1 was not enabled so I could
> not browse through my table. I would like to know if there is anyway to make
> this possible.

>     Thanks,



Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I get ADO Control to work with Data Environment?


Quote:
>     Hi! There,

>     I set up a command in Data Environment to represent a table from
the
> connection1 and threw that command into a form(to generate a data
input form
> like Access form). In the form I also have a ADO control(Adodc1) at
the
> bottom. I ran my program with no error but Adodc1 was not enabled so
I could
> not browse through my table. I would like to know if there is anyway
to make
> this possible.

>     Thanks,

Hi,
looks like you got the same problem as me. I'm working with Access 2000
and try to include an ADO Data Control into a form, and it's not active
in form view. I've tried reinstalling Office, manual registration of
the OCX-file, but nothing helped so far. I'll get back to you if I find
out how this works, and would be glad to hear from you if you managed
to solve the problem.

Regards
Stefan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I get ADO Control to work with Data Environment?
Hi Stefan,

I am not sure if this is the solution for you but I will try, alright?
I think there is no need to reinstall anything. Make sure you apply
Microsoft Jet 4.0 instead of the old version 3.51(you can find it in ADO
custom property). Put at least one textbox on your form and set DataSource
to Adodc1 and DataField to anything in your table. This is to bind data and
textbox. This time you should see you ADO Data Control active.

Regards,


Quote:
> Hi,
> looks like you got the same problem as me. I'm working with Access 2000
> and try to include an ADO Data Control into a form, and it's not active
> in form view. I've tried reinstalling Office, manual registration of
> the OCX-file, but nothing helped so far. I'll get back to you if I find
> out how this works, and would be glad to hear from you if you managed
> to solve the problem.

> Regards
> Stefan



Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I get ADO Control to work with Data Environment?
Durongrit,

thanks for your reply, I'll try that. Good to hear
that this control seems to work in principle.

Regards
Stefan



Quote:
> Hi Stefan,

> I am not sure if this is the solution for you but I will try, alright?
> I think there is no need to reinstall anything. Make sure you apply
> Microsoft Jet 4.0 instead of the old version 3.51(you can find it in
ADO
> custom property). Put at least one textbox on your form and set
DataSource
> to Adodc1 and DataField to anything in your table. This is to bind
data and
> textbox. This time you should see you ADO Data Control active.

> Regards,



> > Hi,
> > looks like you got the same problem as me. I'm working with Access
2000
> > and try to include an ADO Data Control into a form, and it's not
active
> > in form view. I've tried reinstalling Office, manual registration of
> > the OCX-file, but nothing helped so far. I'll get back to you if I
find
> > out how this works, and would be glad to hear from you if you
managed
> > to solve the problem.

> > Regards
> > Stefan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. use ado control, ado object or data environment?

2. Data Environment or ADO Data Control?

3. closing ADO data controls and data environment connections

4. Getting Meta Data only from ADO Data Control at Design time

5. Ado, Data Environment and Bound Controls

6. Problems with ADO control and data environment

7. Create User Control as Data Source Using ADO Data Control

8. Help ! ADO data control and standard data control

9. DBCombo - not working properly with ADO data control?

10. ADO Data Controls don't work

11. Limiting ADO Data Control Records - MaxRecords doesn't work

12. ADO Data Control - setting up connection at run time doesn't work


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software