Delivering VBA code 
Author Message
 Delivering VBA code

Hi all.  I am creating a VB app that uses an Excel
workbook as a calculation engine, but never requires that
the user use Excel.  My deliverable will be my VB
executable and a spreadsheet with preset formulas.

My goal is to have non-Excel users be able to use my
application.  Is that possible?

I read about early binding in the MSDN documentation.  
With early binding, will the user still need Excel to use
my app?  Unfortunately I think he/she will.

I also saw something that hinted that Excel's object
library is all that I would need in conjunction with my
executable.  If that is the case, is that something that I
can distribute with my app or would I need to have an
agreement with Microsoft to do that?

Thank you so much!



Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:32:29 GMT
 Delivering VBA code



Quote:
>Hi all.  I am creating a VB app that uses an Excel
>workbook as a calculation engine, but never requires that
>the user use Excel.  My deliverable will be my VB
>executable and a spreadsheet with preset formulas.

>My goal is to have non-Excel users be able to use my
>application.  Is that possible?

No, the end-user as to have Excel installed.

Quote:

>I read about early binding in the MSDN documentation.  
>With early binding, will the user still need Excel to use
>my app?  Unfortunately I think he/she will.

>I also saw something that hinted that Excel's object
>library is all that I would need in conjunction with my
>executable.  If that is the case, is that something that I
>can distribute with my app or would I need to have an
>agreement with Microsoft to do that?

You are not allowed to redistribute any of the Office libraries. You can
only install applications like this on machines that have Office
installed.

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "{*filter*}ferret" if replying by e-mail



Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:27:00 GMT
 Delivering VBA code
Thanks, Alan.  That is what I suspected but wanted to make
sure.
Mike

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----

Mike

>>Hi all.  I am creating a VB app that uses an Excel
>>workbook as a calculation engine, but never requires
that
>>the user use Excel.  My deliverable will be my VB
>>executable and a spreadsheet with preset formulas.

>>My goal is to have non-Excel users be able to use my
>>application.  Is that possible?

>No, the end-user as to have Excel installed.

>>I read about early binding in the MSDN documentation.  
>>With early binding, will the user still need Excel to
use
>>my app?  Unfortunately I think he/she will.

>>I also saw something that hinted that Excel's object
>>library is all that I would need in conjunction with my
>>executable.  If that is the case, is that something that
I
>>can distribute with my app or would I need to have an
>>agreement with Microsoft to do that?

>You are not allowed to redistribute any of the Office
libraries. You can
>only install applications like this on machines that have
Office
>installed.

>--
>Alan Silver
>Please remove the "{*filter*}ferret" if replying by e-mail
>.



Sat, 03 Jul 2004 06:21:39 GMT
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VB code vs VBA code

2. System ODBC parameter in VBA code gives 3423 run-time error code

3. VBA Code vs. VBScript Code

4. Form|Deliver does not deliver form

5. Code to deliver ALL your Forms and Reports

6. How do I view all VBA code for an ADP

7. Running Stored Procedure with imput param in VBA code

8. VBA code is broke with SQL

9. Compilation of VBA code - Help

10. Committing changes from writeback VBA code in Excel

11. Print with VBA CODE

12. set reference with VBA code


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software