REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers 
Author Message
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win 95 customers? If
so, are there any conditions to watch for?

    I currently develop applications in VB 5 and Access 97 but would like to
use Win NT to do so.

    Thanks for any and all help given!

Michael Dean
--
Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

Please post new questions to newsgroups.



Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

I haven't run across any problems using Win NT 4.0 workstation w/SP3 and
Access97, and deploying on Windows95 desktops.

Quote:

>Hi everyone,
>    Does anyone develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win 95 customers? If
>so, are there any conditions to watch for?

>    I currently develop applications in VB 5 and Access 97 but would like
to
>use Win NT to do so.

>    Thanks for any and all help given!

>Michael Dean
>--
>Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

>Please post new questions to newsgroups.



Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

The only problem I've had is the file CTL3D32.DLL.  This file is
incompatible between NT and 95.  If you develop on NT and deliver to
95, don't include this file (95 workstations will already have it
since it is part of the OS).

Steve Busby, MCSD
Xtras, Inc.
www.vbxtras.com (The ultimate source for Visual Basic Add-on Tools)

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:18:28 -0800, "Andy Flagg"

Quote:

>I haven't run across any problems using Win NT 4.0 workstation w/SP3 and
>Access97, and deploying on Windows95 desktops.


>>Hi everyone,
>>    Does anyone develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win 95 customers? If
>>so, are there any conditions to watch for?

>>    I currently develop applications in VB 5 and Access 97 but would like
>to
>>use Win NT to do so.

>>    Thanks for any and all help given!

>>Michael Dean
>>--
>>Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

>>Please post new questions to newsgroups.



Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for taking time out to help me. I just bought a new PC and did
not want to load all my apps until I figured out which OS I wanted to use. I
will probably switch to NT this weekend or next!

Michael Dean
--
Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

Please post new questions to newsgroups.

Quote:

>I haven't run across any problems using Win NT 4.0 workstation w/SP3 and
>Access97, and deploying on Windows95 desktops.



Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

Hi Steve,
    Thank you for your reply. As I wrote to Andy, who also helped out, I
want to use NT and now I am confident about switching.
    By the way, it was a good idea to include the link to Xtras, Inc., I'm
headed over there as soon as I send this. Thanks again!

Michael Dean
--
Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

Please post new questions to newsgroups.

Quote:

>The only problem I've had is the file CTL3D32.DLL.  This file is
>incompatible between NT and 95.  If you develop on NT and deliver to
>95, don't include this file (95 workstations will already have it
>since it is part of the OS).

>Steve Busby, MCSD
>Xtras, Inc.
>www.vbxtras.com (The ultimate source for Visual Basic Add-on Tools)




Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

You have had this problem with Access97? Or just Access 95?

I ask because the eup wizard does not use the one on the machine in 97, it
uses the one in the redist dir.  Works fine on both platforms.

Michael

Quote:

>The only problem I've had is the file CTL3D32.DLL.  This file is
>incompatible between NT and 95.  If you develop on NT and deliver to
>95, don't include this file (95 workstations will already have it
>since it is part of the OS).

>Steve Busby, MCSD
>Xtras, Inc.
>www.vbxtras.com (The ultimate source for Visual Basic Add-on Tools)

>On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:18:28 -0800, "Andy Flagg"

>>I haven't run across any problems using Win NT 4.0 workstation w/SP3 and
>>Access97, and deploying on Windows95 desktops.


>>>Hi everyone,
>>>    Does anyone develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win 95 customers? If
>>>so, are there any conditions to watch for?

>>>    I currently develop applications in VB 5 and Access 97 but would like
>>to
>>>use Win NT to do so.

>>>    Thanks for any and all help given!

>>>Michael Dean
>>>--
>>>Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

>>>Please post new questions to newsgroups.



Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

I actually kept having the problem distributing an application
developed in VB5 using the VB5 setup wizard.  The application was
developed on NT and the setup files created there.  CTL3D32.DLL was
included in the installation set.  When I installed the app on Win95
machines, all hell broke loose on the 95 machines.  I eventually
forced setup wizard not to include the file in the installation set
and all went well after that.  I didn't notice where setup wizard was
picking the DLL up from (redist dir or machine) but it corrupted the
95 installations.

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 06:36:35 -0800, "Michael Kaplan"

Quote:

>You have had this problem with Access97? Or just Access 95?

>I ask because the eup wizard does not use the one on the machine in 97, it
>uses the one in the redist dir.  Works fine on both platforms.

>Michael


>>The only problem I've had is the file CTL3D32.DLL.  This file is
>>incompatible between NT and 95.  If you develop on NT and deliver to
>>95, don't include this file (95 workstations will already have it
>>since it is part of the OS).

>>Steve Busby, MCSD
>>Xtras, Inc.
>>www.vbxtras.com (The ultimate source for Visual Basic Add-on Tools)

>>On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:18:28 -0800, "Andy Flagg"

>>>I haven't run across any problems using Win NT 4.0 workstation w/SP3 and
>>>Access97, and deploying on Windows95 desktops.


>>>>Hi everyone,
>>>>    Does anyone develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win 95 customers? If
>>>>so, are there any conditions to watch for?

>>>>    I currently develop applications in VB 5 and Access 97 but would like
>>>to
>>>>use Win NT to do so.

>>>>    Thanks for any and all help given!

>>>>Michael Dean
>>>>--
>>>>Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

>>>>Please post new questions to newsgroups.

Steve Busby, MCSD
Xtras, Inc
www.vbxtras.com  (The Ultimate Tools Catalog for Visual Basic)



Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 REPOST: Can you develop in Win NT 4.0 and deliver to Win95 customers

Hi Michael,
    It was A97. BUT... I went to Microsoft's tech support (you get two free
incidents for having Office, 4 for Prof or Ent edit). The response I got
from them was that developing in either NT4 or 95 is the same. I explained
the problem of having a missing reference on my user's machine and she said
it was platform-independent.
    As it turns out, there are things to watch for, though. Steve Busby and
Larry Hodges both had problems with a file. This is definitely something to
look for.

Michael Dean
--
Return mail address is invalid <Sorry, I hate spam>.

Please post new questions to newsgroups.

Quote:

>You have had this problem with Access97? Or just Access 95?

>I ask because the eup wizard does not use the one on the machine in 97, it
>uses the one in the redist dir.  Works fine on both platforms.

>Michael



Tue, 18 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problem: Developing on Win 98 and running on Win NT

2. VB 4.0 16 bit application written on Windows 3.11 for Win NT 4.0

3. Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0

4. Error opening Database under Win NT 4.0 and some Win 95

5. Paradox 7.0 in a Network with Win NT 4.0 and Win 95

6. Help - FPW2.6 on Win NT 4.0 or any NT server

7. Develop w/SCO O.S. 5.x -OR- Win/NT Srvr

8. Develop w/SCO O.S. 5.x -OR- Win/NT Srvr

9. Copying files from SQL (MS SQL Server 6.5, WIN 4.0 server, WIN95 client)

10. SQL Server and Win95/Win NT passwords

11. Pdox 7 runtime for win3.1 won't run Pdox7 for win95/NT FDL files

12. Move app from Win95 to Win NT


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software