Newbie Question on Temporary Segments 
Author Message
 Newbie Question on Temporary Segments
Hi guys,

was just reading the Oracle DBA book and wanted to clear up a couple of
issues:

1)  The SORE_AREA_SIZE is a system parameter and not specific to each
user, right?  Meaning, this represents the size in memory for all users
regarding Sorts and when exceeded temporary segments are used

2)  When should temporary segments be placed in Permanent Tablespaces?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.***.com/
Before you buy.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Question on Temporary Segments

Answers embedded
Quote:

> Hi guys,

> was just reading the Oracle DBA book and wanted to clear up a couple of
> issues:

> 1)  The SORE_AREA_SIZE is a system parameter and not specific to each
> user, right?  Meaning, this represents the size in memory for all users
> regarding Sorts and when exceeded temporary segments are used

No, the sort_area_size is specific to each user, so each session will get
sort_area_size bytes memory on the server.

Quote:
> 2)  When should temporary segments be placed in Permanent Tablespaces?

They should not be placed in permanent tablespaces, as that will require
much more space management.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Quote:
> Thanks in advance for any help

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Temporary segments question

2. newbie question about to small rollback segment

3. Newbie Question on Temp Segments

4. Newbie question on Temp Segments

5. Newbie question about segment & partition

6. Finding owner of a temporary segment

7. How to get rid of temporary segments

8. Hotbackup of Rollback segment and temporary tablespace/datafiles

9. temporary segments

10. How to remove temporary segment type ?


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software