Hows to copy data, views, procedures from a tablesapce to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x 
Author Message
 Hows to copy data, views, procedures from a tablesapce to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x
Hallo,

how can I copy all data, views, procedureces (and so on) that I have in one
tablespace to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x?

Best regards,
Michael



Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:03:19 GMT
 Hows to copy data, views, procedures from a tablesapce to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x


Quote:

>Hallo,

>how can I copy all data, views, procedureces (and so on) that I have in one
>tablespace to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x?

>Best regards,
>Michael

views, procedures and so on do not live in tablespaces -- only things that
consume storage (tables, indexes, materialized views and the like) live in
tablespaces.

If you mean "schema" instead of tablesapce, then

exp userid=u/p owner=old_schema
imp userid=u/p fromuser=old_schema touser=new_schema

If you want to move tables, see

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:47...

it shows how to in 8i and then in 8.0 and before.

--

Expert one on one Oracle, programming techniques and solutions for Oracle.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861004826/  
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corp



Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:36:02 GMT
 Hows to copy data, views, procedures from a tablesapce to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x
Is there a way without IMP/EXP? Can I realize it with PL/SQL Command?

Michael



Quote:

> >Hallo,

> >how can I copy all data, views, procedureces (and so on) that I have in
one
> >tablespace to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x?

> >Best regards,
> >Michael

> views, procedures and so on do not live in tablespaces -- only things that
> consume storage (tables, indexes, materialized views and the like) live in
> tablespaces.

> If you mean "schema" instead of tablesapce, then

> exp userid=u/p owner=old_schema
> imp userid=u/p fromuser=old_schema touser=new_schema

> If you want to move tables, see

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:47...
53

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> it shows how to in 8i and then in 8.0 and before.

> --

> Expert one on one Oracle, programming techniques and solutions for Oracle.
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861004826/
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corp



Fri, 02 Jan 2004 14:57:17 GMT
 Hows to copy data, views, procedures from a tablesapce to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x
Look at 'alter table ... move...' syntax. Also, 'alter index ...rebuild'.

Also, nix the major crossposting!!!


Quote:
> Is there a way without IMP/EXP? Can I realize it with PL/SQL Command?

> Michael




> > >Hallo,

> > >how can I copy all data, views, procedureces (and so on) that I have in
> one
> > >tablespace to another tablespace in ORA 8.0.x?

> > >Best regards,
> > >Michael

> > views, procedures and so on do not live in tablespaces -- only things
that
> > consume storage (tables, indexes, materialized views and the like) live
in
> > tablespaces.

> > If you mean "schema" instead of tablesapce, then

> > exp userid=u/p owner=old_schema
> > imp userid=u/p fromuser=old_schema touser=new_schema

> > If you want to move tables, see

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:47...

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> 53

> > it shows how to in 8i and then in 8.0 and before.

> > --

> > Expert one on one Oracle, programming techniques and solutions for
Oracle.
> > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861004826/
> > Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corp



Fri, 02 Jan 2004 18:25:45 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Copy from tablespace to tablespace

2. ORA-02429 / ORA-00604: when dropping tablespace

3. Need help with hot backup of tablespace (ORA-1128, ORA-1113)

4. ORA-00997: How to copy the data from a table to another using long type

5. Copying Diagrams, Views and Stored Procedures

6. moving data from 8.0.5 user_data tablespace to 8.1.7 users tablespace

7. INDEX VIEW Copy Data?

8. Copying Data To or From a view

9. copy view with data

10. CREATE VIEW: Table or view does not exist (ORA-00942)

11. Stored Procedures - copy data from one table to another

12. copy data into a dynamically named table from a stored procedure


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software