System Privileges - UNLIMITED TABLESPACE 
Author Message
 System Privileges - UNLIMITED TABLESPACE
Hi:

When I grant user with RESOURCE role, the user will automatically be
granted with UNLIMITED TABLESPACE. But I don't know where the UNLIMITED
TABLESPACE came from?

--
Best regards,



Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 System Privileges - UNLIMITED TABLESPACE


Quote:
>When I grant user with RESOURCE role, the user will automatically be
>granted with UNLIMITED TABLESPACE. But I don't know where the UNLIMITED
>TABLESPACE came from?

I just learned about this behavior the other day. It's a
version 6 compatibility issue. To be backwards compatable,
Oracle made it so that granting the RESOURCE role also
grants the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE privilege. You can, and
should, simply revoke it if you don't want the user to have
it. For example:

        grant resource to some_user;
        revoke unlimited tablespace from some_user;

An alternative would be to create your own role to use
instead of RESOURCE. Grant whatever privs you want to that
role, and use it instead of RESOURCE.

regards,

Jonathan Gennick

p.s. I've heard that this "feature" of RESOURCE goes away
with version 8 or 8i (one of those two).



Thu, 21 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 System Privileges - UNLIMITED TABLESPACE
Unlimited tablespace is simply a priv attached to your resource role.
If you don't like it, change it.   Did I miss something here ?

Eugene (Oracle Certified dba looking for a job with NT or VMS).
======================

Quote:

> Hi:

> When I grant user with RESOURCE role, the user will automatically be
> granted with UNLIMITED TABLESPACE. But I don't know where the UNLIMITED
> TABLESPACE came from?

> --
> Best regards,



Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 System Privileges - UNLIMITED TABLESPACE

Quote:

> Unlimited tablespace is simply a priv attached to your resource role.
> If you don't like it, change it.   Did I miss something here ?

> Eugene (Oracle Certified dba looking for a job with NT or VMS).
> ======================

> > Hi:

> > When I grant user with RESOURCE role, the user will automatically be
> > granted with UNLIMITED TABLESPACE. But I don't know where the UNLIMITED
> > TABLESPACE came from?

> > --
> > Best regards,

This reply is false.


Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. moving tables from the system tablespace to a new tablespace

2. Tablespace unlimited

3. grant privileges on tablespace

4. ora-01950: no privileges on tablespace

5. tablespace creation and privileges

6. O8: No Privileges on tablespace "XYZ"

7. ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace

8. privileges on tablespace

9. SYSTEM schema in SYSTEM tablespace

10. Altering system tablespace or system cluster

11. SYSTEM user not in SYSTEM tablespace


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software