Export/import from different character sets 
Author Message
 Export/import from different character sets
Hi
I have a database with US7ASCII character set the DB contains data with
french characters  like and so. I want to move tha data from this
instance to another on with UTF8 character set. any sugestion for that.
Thanks

Bilal



Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:48:22 GMT
 Export/import from different character sets



Quote:
> Hi
> I have a database with US7ASCII character set the DB contains data with
> french characters  like and so. I want to move tha data from this
> instance to another on with UTF8 character set. any sugestion for that.
> Thanks

> Bilal

Sigh, no version, no platform.
If you request help please provide information so no guesswork is necessary.
You need to set NLS_LANG to American_America.US7ASCII, provided your
database is in UTF8, imp will perform the conversion for you.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker,  Senior Oracle DBA



Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:11:00 GMT
 Export/import from different character sets



Quote:



> > Hi
> > I have a database with US7ASCII character set the DB contains data with
> > french characters  like and so. I want to move tha data from this
> > instance to another on with UTF8 character set. any sugestion for that.
> > Thanks

> > Bilal

> Sigh, no version, no platform.
> If you request help please provide information so no guesswork is
necessary.
> You need to set NLS_LANG to American_America.US7ASCII, provided your
> database is in UTF8, imp will perform the conversion for you.

> Hth,
> Sybrand Bakker,  Senior Oracle DBA

Hi,
As this have nothing to do with the OS I didn't mention it as for the oracle
version it is 8.1.5 (source) and 8.1.7 (target) and the solution of
exporting/importing in US7ASCII (for the NLS_LANG) just did not work (that
why I posted my message) it looses all the special french characteres
any other solution

Thanks in advance
Bilal



Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:20:08 GMT
 Export/import from different character sets
I could be wrong, but I would have thought the very *last* character set
you'd want in the session doing the export is US7ASCII.... I was rather
under the impression that 7-bit character sets couldn't deal with accented
characters... so I'd expect it to work if you make your client/session
character set an 8-bit one.

Regards
HJR



Quote:





> > > Hi
> > > I have a database with US7ASCII character set the DB contains data
with
> > > french characters  like and so. I want to move tha data from this
> > > instance to another on with UTF8 character set. any sugestion for
that.
> > > Thanks

> > > Bilal

> > Sigh, no version, no platform.
> > If you request help please provide information so no guesswork is
> necessary.
> > You need to set NLS_LANG to American_America.US7ASCII, provided your
> > database is in UTF8, imp will perform the conversion for you.

> > Hth,
> > Sybrand Bakker,  Senior Oracle DBA

> Hi,
> As this have nothing to do with the OS I didn't mention it as for the
oracle
> version it is 8.1.5 (source) and 8.1.7 (target) and the solution of
> exporting/importing in US7ASCII (for the NLS_LANG) just did not work (that
> why I posted my message) it looses all the special french characteres
> any other solution

> Thanks in advance
> Bilal



Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:38:11 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Export-Import across character sets

2. Export/import and characters set.

3. Export & Import with UTF8 Character Set

4. Problems with character set after Export/Import

5. One database server with different character set and sort order for different database

6. Non supported character set: oracle-character-set-96

7. db character set & N character set

8. Moving 6.5 database to another 6.5 database with different character set

9. Copy databases between different character set and sort ID.

10. Different character sets in a single query

11. Databases with different character sets

12. Move database to new server with Different Character Set/Sort Order


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software