Jar/Class file for ASE 11.9.x plug ins?? 
Author Message
 Jar/Class file for ASE 11.9.x plug ins??

Hi,

I'm using Sybase ASE 11.9.x for Sun Solaris and normally I administer
this
server using Sybase Central (3.0) on my Windows NT.  I've just acquired
and installed SQL Anywhere Studio which, amongst other things, comes
with SC v4.0.  From reading the help files it would appear that I should
be
able to administer by ASE server and DBs using this s/w providing I
could
find the right plugin JAR/Class files.  Question is does anybody know
where
I can acquire the correct plug in from it didn't seem to come with SQL
Anywhere?

I look forward to any help advice you could offer.

Many thanks,
Naran.

P.S. If possible please could you CC any replies to me directly.



Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jar/Class file for ASE 11.9.x plug ins??



Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using Sybase ASE 11.9.x for Sun Solaris and normally I administer
> this
> server using Sybase Central (3.0) on my Windows NT.  I've just
acquired
> and installed SQL Anywhere Studio which, amongst other things, comes
> with SC v4.0.  From reading the help files it would appear that I
should
> be
> able to administer by ASE server and DBs using this s/w providing I
> could
> find the right plugin JAR/Class files.  Question is does anybody know
> where
> I can acquire the correct plug in from it didn't seem to come with SQL
> Anywhere?

Go here:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/

And download the appropriate java sdk.  Take a look on Sybase's site
for where the setup SQA to look for the Java class files.

--
Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Fri, 25 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jar/Class file for ASE 11.9.x plug ins??
Hi Mark,

Thanx for your reply but I don't understand how downloading,
and presumably installing, the whole Java SDK 1.3 is going to help me?

All I want is the appropriate Jar/Class file which has the plugin that will
allow SC 4.0 to talk to my ASE server running on Sun Solaris.  Is that not
correct?

Naran.

Quote:



> > Hi,

> > I'm using Sybase ASE 11.9.x for Sun Solaris and normally I administer
> > this
> > server using Sybase Central (3.0) on my Windows NT.  I've just
> acquired
> > and installed SQL Anywhere Studio which, amongst other things, comes
> > with SC v4.0.  From reading the help files it would appear that I
> should
> > be
> > able to administer by ASE server and DBs using this s/w providing I
> > could
> > find the right plugin JAR/Class files.  Question is does anybody know
> > where
> > I can acquire the correct plug in from it didn't seem to come with SQL
> > Anywhere?

> Go here:

> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/

> And download the appropriate java sdk.  Take a look on Sybase's site
> for where the setup SQA to look for the Java class files.

> --
> Mark

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.



Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jar/Class file for ASE 11.9.x plug ins??


Quote:
> Hi Mark,

> Thanx for your reply but I don't understand how downloading,
> and presumably installing, the whole Java SDK 1.3 is going to help me?

> All I want is the appropriate Jar/Class file which has the plugin
that will
> allow SC 4.0 to talk to my ASE server running on Sun Solaris.  Is
that not
> correct?

Sorry, I misread your oringinal post.  Try here:

http://www.sybase.com/detail_list/1,3691,5329,00.html

there's a link for java, and one for patch updates.

--
Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Jar/Class file for ASE 11.9.x plug ins??
Hi Mark,

Thanx once again for taking the time to reply.  After doing an extensive
trawl
on the Sybase site it seems that at this point in time there does not appear

to be any ASE plugin for Sybase Central (Java edition).  However, this has
been promised for some time now and may appear for ASE 12.5, perhaps.

Regards,
Naran.

Quote:



> > Hi Mark,

> > Thanx for your reply but I don't understand how downloading,
> > and presumably installing, the whole Java SDK 1.3 is going to help me?

> > All I want is the appropriate Jar/Class file which has the plugin
> that will
> > allow SC 4.0 to talk to my ASE server running on Sun Solaris.  Is
> that not
> > correct?

> Sorry, I misread your oringinal post.  Try here:

> http://www.sybase.com/detail_list/1,3691,5329,00.html

> there's a link for java, and one for patch updates.

> --
> Mark

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.



Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. SQL Central Plug-Ins for Sybase 10 /11

2. Find using a scripting and multiple fields - Scripts between files - Barcode plug-ins

3. bcp in Ase 11.5.1 syslogins to ASE 12.0 not working

4. Migrating dbs from ASE 11.0.3.3 (desupported) to ASE 12.x

5. Newbie: Sybase ASE 11.9.2 vs 11.5.1

6. patches for ASE 11.5.1 on HPUX 11

7. ASE 11.9.2 and RepServer 11.5.1

8. problems with ASE 11.9.3 on HPUX 11.00:64 bit

9. RogueWave and ASE 11.9.2 / 11.9.3

10. From ASE 11.9.2 to 11.0.3.3

11. Upgrade from Sybase SQL Server 11.0.1 to Sybase ASE 11.9.2

12. package oracle.sql.* what JAR file for OracleResultSet and BLOB classes


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software