Sybase ver. 11/NT - long query canceled 
Author Message
 Sybase ver. 11/NT - long query canceled

Hi to all,
        We are experienced rather strange behavior working with our Sybase SQL
Server ver. 11.0.1 on NT.
We try to pass to Sybase a very long query (five joined tables, more
than 160 fields). Message that we receive from WISQL32 is ******Query
canceled***** without any explanation. The same query works fine when we
replace list of columns by * sign.
My questions are:
1.  Are there any limitations in Sybase on query size?
2.  Are there any specific parameters in Sybase setting which can affect
long query execution?

Thanks in advance for your help

Vladimir Greenstein



Sun, 05 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sybase ver. 11/NT - long query canceled

does the same query work when using isql on the server itself?



Quote:
> Hi to all,
>    We are experienced rather strange behavior working with our Sybase SQL
> Server ver. 11.0.1 on NT.
> We try to pass to Sybase a very long query (five joined tables, more
> than 160 fields). Message that we receive from WISQL32 is ******Query
> canceled***** without any explanation. The same query works fine when we
> replace list of columns by * sign.
> My questions are:
> 1.  Are there any limitations in Sybase on query size?
> 2.  Are there any specific parameters in Sybase setting which can affect
> long query execution?

> Thanks in advance for your help

> Vladimir Greenstein



Sun, 05 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sybase ver. 11/NT - long query canceled

The same result we received running query on WISQL32 on SQL Server
computer. I don't think that this behavior is related to network or CT
Lib connection we are using. The same query worked for us on our old
Sytem X (ver 10.0.2) on DG Unix.

Quote:

> does the same query work when using isql on the server itself?



> > Hi to all,
> >       We are experienced rather strange behavior working with our Sybase SQL
> > Server ver. 11.0.1 on NT.
> > We try to pass to Sybase a very long query (five joined tables, more
> > than 160 fields). Message that we receive from WISQL32 is ******Query
> > canceled***** without any explanation. The same query works fine when we
> > replace list of columns by * sign.
> > My questions are:
> > 1.  Are there any limitations in Sybase on query size?
> > 2.  Are there any specific parameters in Sybase setting which can affect
> > long query execution?

> > Thanks in advance for your help

> > Vladimir Greenstein



Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sybase ver. 11/NT - long query canceled

best of recollection is max query length is 32 KB

might the problem be the wisql - does the query run under isql (located in
directory 'bin' ) on sql server machine.  have you tried using another
query tool such as whistle (shareware)?



Quote:
> The same result we received running query on WISQL32 on SQL Server
> computer. I don't think that this behavior is related to network or CT
> Lib connection we are using. The same query worked for us on our old
> Sytem X (ver 10.0.2) on DG Unix.


> > does the same query work when using isql on the server itself?



> > > Hi to all,
> > >       We are experienced rather strange behavior working with our
Sybase SQL
> > > Server ver. 11.0.1 on NT.
> > > We try to pass to Sybase a very long query (five joined tables, more
> > > than 160 fields). Message that we receive from WISQL32 is ******Query
> > > canceled***** without any explanation. The same query works fine when
we
> > > replace list of columns by * sign.
> > > My questions are:
> > > 1.  Are there any limitations in Sybase on query size?
> > > 2.  Are there any specific parameters in Sybase setting which can
affect
> > > long query execution?

> > > Thanks in advance for your help

> > > Vladimir Greenstein



Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Sybase ASE ver 11 and MS SQL Server compatibility

2. File Descriptors for Sybase ver. 11

3. Sybase ASE ver 11 and MS SQL Server compatibility

4. sybase ver 11 and aix

5. Whatabout sybase sql ver 11.x connection to Delphi

6. Sybase 10 AIX access from Sybase 11 on NT

7. Best way to migrate Sybase 10.02 / Novell 3.12 to NT 4.0 Server / Sybase 11

8. Sybase 10 (Netware) to Sybase 11 (NT)

9. migrate Sybase 11.0.1 and Sybase 11.5.1 to MS sql 6.5/7.0

10. Upgrade from Sybase SQL Server 11.0.1 to Sybase ASE 11.9.2

11. Sybase 11 NT server becoming unresponsive

12. Sybase 11.5.1 and NT hang-ups


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software