Dbexport problem 
Author Message
 Dbexport problem

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

When trying to use dbexport I received the following error message.

-922 - Cannot get name of current working directory.

I am working on a Sun box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions on
the directories that I was working in.

Can anyone tell me where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?

I have done this successfully on other Sun boxes with no problems.

Peter Fripp
Inter-library Loan Support
epixtech, inc.
400 West 5050 North
Provo, Utah 84604-5650
Phone: 801-223-5518
Fax: 801-223-5202
--=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">When trying to use dbexport I received the following error message.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">-922 - Cannot get name of current working directory.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am working on a Sun box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions on the directories that I was working in.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Can anyone tell me where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have done this successfully on other Sun boxes with no problems.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Peter Fripp<br>
Inter-library Loan Support<br>
epixtech, inc.<br>
400 West 5050 North<br>
Provo, Utah 84604-5650<br>
Phone: 801-223-5518<br>
Fax: 801-223-5202</font>
--=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=--



Sat, 20 Mar 2004 05:54:23 GMT
 Dbexport problem

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C14B37.4EB93690
Content-Type: text/plain;
        charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This is a Unix problem with current working directory - does pwd work?  Did
you remount the filesystem or your system admin see anything?
To do an export you will need write access to create a directory.

MW

Quote:
  -----Original Message-----


  Sent: Tuesday, 2 October 2001 9:54 a.m.

  Subject: Dbexport problem

  When trying to use dbexport I received the following error message.

  -922 - Cannot get name of current working directory.

  I am working on a Sun box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions on
the directories that I was working in.

  Can anyone tell me where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?

  I have done this successfully on other Sun boxes with no problems.

  Peter Fripp
  Inter-library Loan Support
  epixtech, inc.
  400 West 5050 North
  Provo, Utah 84604-5650
  Phone: 801-223-5518
  Fax: 801-223-5202

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C14B37.4EB93690
Content-Type: text/html;
        charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4616.200" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D080054023-01102001>This=20
is a Unix problem with current working directory - does pwd work?&nbsp; =
Did you=20
remount the filesystem or your system admin see =
anything?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D080054023-01102001>To do=20
an export you will need write access to create a =
directory.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D080054023-01102001></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D080054023-01102001>MW</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =




  problem<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2>When =
trying to=20
  use dbexport I received the following error message.</FONT> =
<BR><BR><FONT=20
  face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2>-922 - Cannot get name of current working=20
  directory.</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2>I am =
working on a Sun=20
  box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions on the directories =
that I was=20
  working in.</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2>Can anyone =
tell me=20
  where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?</FONT> =
<BR><BR><FONT=20
  face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2>I have done this successfully on other Sun =
boxes with=20
  no problems.</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT face=3Dsans-serif size=3D2>Peter=20
  Fripp<BR>Inter-library Loan Support<BR>epixtech, inc.<BR>400 West 5050 =

  North<BR>Provo, Utah 84604-5650<BR>Phone: 801-223-5518<BR>Fax:=20
  801-223-5202</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C14B37.4EB93690--



Sat, 20 Mar 2004 07:42:24 GMT
 Dbexport problem

HI Peter.

You have write and execute permissions in your working directory like this.


drwxr-xr-x  37 tsuto-o  tech        2048  9 19  16:56 ./

My USER-ID is tsuto-o.

Regards.


Quote:
>When trying to use dbexport I received the following error message.

>-922 - Cannot get name of current working directory.

>I am working on a Sun box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions on
>the directories that I was working in.

>Can anyone tell me where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?

>I have done this successfully on other Sun boxes with no problems.

>Peter Fripp
>Inter-library Loan Support
>epixtech, inc.
>400 West 5050 North
>Provo, Utah 84604-5650
>Phone: 801-223-5518
>Fax: 801-223-5202

--
Tsutomu Ogiwara

Informix Business Promotion Dept
ITOCHU TECHNO-SCIENCE Corporation
KURITA-KUDAN BLDG., 1-11-15, FUJIMI,
CHIYODA-KU TOKYO,102-0074 JAPAN
Phone:+81-3-5226-1951 Fax:+81-3-5226-1959



Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:09:11 GMT
 Dbexport problem
underlying mount points???

Quote:

> This is a multipart message in MIME format.
> --=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

> When trying to use dbexport I received the following error message.

> -922 - Cannot get name of current working directory.

> I am working on a Sun box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions on
> the directories that I was working in.

> Can anyone tell me where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?

> I have done this successfully on other Sun boxes with no problems.

> Peter Fripp
> Inter-library Loan Support
> epixtech, inc.
> 400 West 5050 North
> Provo, Utah 84604-5650
> Phone: 801-223-5518
> Fax: 801-223-5202
> --=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=
> Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

> <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">When trying to use dbexport I received the following error message.</font>
> <br>
> <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">-922 - Cannot get name of current working directory.</font>
> <br>
> <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am working on a Sun box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions on the directories that I was working in.</font>
> <br>
> <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Can anyone tell me where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?</font>
> <br>
> <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have done this successfully on other Sun boxes with no problems.</font>
> <br>
> <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Peter Fripp<br>
> Inter-library Loan Support<br>
> epixtech, inc.<br>
> 400 West 5050 North<br>
> Provo, Utah 84604-5650<br>
> Phone: 801-223-5518<br>
> Fax: 801-223-5202</font>
> --=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=--

--
Paul Watson             #          
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
www.oninit.com          #


Sun, 21 Mar 2004 04:24:33 GMT
 Dbexport problem
Try

touch x

and see if you can create files in the current
driectory.


Quote:
> underlying mount points???


> > This is a multipart message in MIME format.
> > --=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

> > When trying to use dbexport I received the following error message.

> > -922 - Cannot get name of current working directory.

> > I am working on a Sun box running IDS 7.3 and do have read permissions
on
> > the directories that I was working in.

> > Can anyone tell me where I was going wrong or what the problem might be?

> > I have done this successfully on other Sun boxes with no problems.

> > Peter Fripp
> > Inter-library Loan Support
> > epixtech, inc.
> > 400 West 5050 North
> > Provo, Utah 84604-5650
> > Phone: 801-223-5518
> > Fax: 801-223-5202
> > --=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=
> > Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

> > <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">When trying to use dbexport I

received the following error message.</font>
Quote:
> > <br>
> > <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">-922 - Cannot get name of current

working directory.</font>
Quote:
> > <br>
> > <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am working on a Sun box running IDS

7.3 and do have read permissions on the directories that I was working
in.</font>
Quote:
> > <br>
> > <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Can anyone tell me where I was going

wrong or what the problem might be?</font>
Quote:
> > <br>
> > <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have done this successfully on

other Sun boxes with no problems.</font>

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > <br>
> > <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Peter Fripp<br>
> > Inter-library Loan Support<br>
> > epixtech, inc.<br>
> > 400 West 5050 North<br>
> > Provo, Utah 84604-5650<br>
> > Phone: 801-223-5518<br>
> > Fax: 801-223-5202</font>
> > --=_alternative 0078562D87256AD8_=--

> --
> Paul Watson             #
> Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
> Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
> Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
> www.oninit.com          #



Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:14:44 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. dbexport problem, has anybody has this problem

2. dbexport problem on NT4 server

3. dbexport problem

4. dbexport problem

5. DBEXPORT PROBLEM

6. dbexport problem

7. dbexport problem

8. informix se7.12 - dbexport problem

9. IDS 7.30, IECC on NT, dbexport problem

10. Cron and Dbexport problem.

11. Dbimport/dbexport Problems

12. Informix dbexport problem


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software