JDBC Informix Connection issues 
Author Message
 JDBC Informix Connection issues

I'm running the JDK 1.2.2_05a (1.3 won't work with my webserver, NES 4.1 SP4)
I have JRun handling the JSPs and servlets, and I know theres
database connectivity with dbaccess.  Now I'm trying to get the JDBC up:

 I'm having trouble getting a successful connection to my Informix instance
through JDBC; i've tried 3 methods:
1) Within the JRun JVM setup (error says inappropriate JDBC driver,
classpath does point to ifxjdbc.jar),
2) out on the command line with a little dbconnector program (proper
classpath, this one seems to load the driver, but the URL seems  fails, and
3) with Informix's own JLogin utility, tried all sorts of combinations....

URL:
jdbc:informix-sqli://xenon.ssp.chotel.com/swpub:informixserver=prod7;user=swp
ub;passwo rd=swpub1

jdbc:informix-sqli://143.192.3.123/swpub:informixserver=odev;user=swpub;password=chan
gemenow

I've exhausted my classpath options, i think the error is either on
the server side (are these Informix servers compatible with JDBC?),
the errors are "failed to connect" (little program), "No suitable
Driver" (JRun), and the exception com.informix.asf.IfxASFException (the
JLogin util)...

I even tried to put the JLogin applet on my Linux box with the JDBC
jar... no such luck, same ASFException...

Thanks for reading this, now that I'm done I realize it's more for my
own logging purposes than anything else, but if you do have any
ideas, I'd be mighty obliged!

Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.***.com/
Before you buy.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 JDBC Informix Connection issues

Look like you are missing port ID:

try this:
jdbc:informixsqli://xenon.ssp.chotel.com:1525/swpub:informixserver=prod7
;user=swpub;password=swpub1

If 1525 (i think informix default to this port id) is not your port id
it can be found in /usr/etc/services or /etc/services file on the unix
system. And I would change informixserver to uppercase. Here the usage:

jdbc:informix-sqli://{<ip-address>|<host-name>}:<port-number>
[/<dbname>]:INFORMIXSERVER=<server-
name>;user=<username>;password=<password>[;<name>=<value>
[;<name>=<value>]...]


Quote:

> I'm running the JDK 1.2.2_05a (1.3 won't work with my webserver, NES
4.1 SP4)
> I have JRun handling the JSPs and servlets, and I know theres
> database connectivity with dbaccess.  Now I'm trying to get the JDBC
up:

>  I'm having trouble getting a successful connection to my Informix
instance
> through JDBC; i've tried 3 methods:
> 1) Within the JRun JVM setup (error says inappropriate JDBC driver,
> classpath does point to ifxjdbc.jar),
> 2) out on the command line with a little dbconnector program (proper
> classpath, this one seems to load the driver, but the URL seems
fails, and
> 3) with Informix's own JLogin utility, tried all sorts of
combinations....

> URL:
> jdbc:informix-

sqli://xenon.ssp.chotel.com/swpub:informixserver=prod7;user=swp
Quote:
> ub;passwo rd=swpub1

> jdbc:informix-

sqli://143.192.3.123/swpub:informixserver=odev;user=swpub;password=chan

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> gemenow

> I've exhausted my classpath options, i think the error is either on
> the server side (are these Informix servers compatible with JDBC?),
> the errors are "failed to connect" (little program), "No suitable
> Driver" (JRun), and the exception com.informix.asf.IfxASFException
(the
> JLogin util)...

> I even tried to put the JLogin applet on my Linux box with the JDBC
> jar... no such luck, same ASFException...

> Thanks for reading this, now that I'm done I realize it's more for my
> own logging purposes than anything else, but if you do have any
> ideas, I'd be mighty obliged!

> Thanks in advance!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. SQL 2000 JDBC connection issue

2. JDBC Connection Caching - State maintenance issues?

3. WSE 8.1.2 | RedHat Linux 7.3 | JDBC Type 4 Connection Issue

4. Help, JDBC Connection issue to UDB 6.1

5. Connection issues with Informix

6. Informix JDBC Connection gets slower!!!

7. Informix JDBC:sqli connection problem.

8. JDBC Driver Informix connection

9. Servlet JDBC connection to Informix

10. Informix JDBC:sqli connection problem.

11. JDBC - Informix connection


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software