IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning 
Author Message
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Hi all,

I am working under IDS 7.31 TC2 on WinNT.

I manage to get information on response time of a few stored procedures.
I would like to do without writting an esql/c program ; but as far as I
can see, it is not really possible to do with SQL dans its CURRENT
function.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Arnaud

--
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -

-  Ingenieur en developpement                                    -
-  Direction Metier Industrie                                    -
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -
-  ALLIANCE QUALITE LOGICIEL                   http://www.***.com/  -
-  Rue de la Chataigneraie                                       -
-  B.P. 127                                                      -
-  35513 CESSON SEVIGNE                                          -
-                tel : (33) (0)2.99.12.50.00                     -
-                fax : (33) (0)2.99.63.70.40                     -
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning


Quote:

>I am working under IDS 7.31 TC2 on WinNT.

>I manage to get information on response time of a few stored procedures.
>I would like to do without writting an esql/c program ; but as far as I
>can see, it is not really possible to do with SQL dans its CURRENT
>function.

>Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

select current from systables where tabid = 1;
execute procedure fred("right");
select current from systables where tabid = 1;

Or some variation on that theme.

Or:

SELECT dbinfo('utc_current') in your SP.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Thanks but I  still have some troubles :

Quote:
> select current from systables where tabid = 1;
> execute procedure fred("right");
> select current from systables where tabid = 1;

The CURRENT function always returns result wich precision is 'truncated' to
second format (fraction part of datetime is always 000) : '2000-04-04
15:21:54 000'. I get this result either in an SQL statement or in a SP. I
read that CURRENT rely on the system date and time API ; I suppose that WinNT
knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !

Quote:
> Or some variation on that theme.

> Or:

> SELECT dbinfo('utc_current') in your SP.

Wich format returns this statement (I did not find 'utc_current' in
documentation, what is it ?) because I get an exception of bad conversion
when I set this statement in a DATETIME YEAR TO FRACTION variable ?

Thanks for your help

Arnaud

--
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -

-  Ingenieur en developpement                                    -
-  Direction Metier Industrie                                    -
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -
-  ALLIANCE QUALITE LOGICIEL                  http://www.aql.fr  -
-  Rue de la Chataigneraie                                       -
-  B.P. 127                                                      -
-  35513 CESSON SEVIGNE                                          -
-                tel : (33) (0)2.99.12.50.00                     -
-                fax : (33) (0)2.99.63.70.40                     -
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning


Quote:

>Thanks but I  still have some troubles :

> > select current from systables where tabid = 1;
> > execute procedure fred("right");
> > select current from systables where tabid = 1;

>The CURRENT function always returns result wich precision is 'truncated' to
>second format (fraction part of datetime is always 000) : '2000-04-04
>15:21:54 000'. I get this result either in an SQL statement or in a SP. I
>read that CURRENT rely on the system date and time API ; I suppose that
>WinNT
>knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !

In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.

Quote:
> > Or some variation on that theme.

> > Or:

> > SELECT dbinfo('utc_current') in your SP.

>Wich format returns this statement (I did not find 'utc_current' in
>documentation, what is it ?) because I get an exception of bad conversion
>when I set this statement in a DATETIME YEAR TO FRACTION variable ?

Why don't you select it into a char? Then you can work out how it comes
back.
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Try this

# method for Dynamic Server to use when determining current time
USEOSTIME       1               # 0: use internal time(fast), 1: get time
from O
S(slow)

Quote:
>  N. Daniel Bonesana
> SIEMENS-ITRON BUSINESS SERVICES S.A.
> Balcarce 683, (C1064AAM) Buenos Aires, Argentina.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 11:57 AM
To: Obnoxio The Clown


Subject: Re: IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning
Importance: High

Thanks but I  still have some troubles :

> select current from systables where tabid = 1;
> execute procedure fred("right");
> select current from systables where tabid = 1;

The CURRENT function always returns result wich precision is 'truncated' to
second format (fraction part of datetime is always 000) : '2000-04-04
15:21:54 000'. I get this result either in an SQL statement or in a SP. I
read that CURRENT rely on the system date and time API ; I suppose that
WinNT
knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !

> Or some variation on that theme.

> Or:

> SELECT dbinfo('utc_current') in your SP.

Wich format returns this statement (I did not find 'utc_current' in
documentation, what is it ?) because I get an exception of bad conversion
when I set this statement in a DATETIME YEAR TO FRACTION variable ?

Thanks for your help

Arnaud

--
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -

-  Ingenieur en developpement                                    -
-  Direction Metier Industrie                                    -
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -
-  ALLIANCE QUALITE LOGICIEL                  http://www.aql.fr  -
-  Rue de la Chataigneraie                                       -
-  B.P. 127                                                      -
-  35513 CESSON SEVIGNE                                          -
-                tel : (33) (0)2.99.12.50.00                     -
-                fax : (33) (0)2.99.63.70.40                     -
- -------------------------------------------------------------- -



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Quote:

> >The CURRENT function always returns result wich precision is 'truncated' to
> >second format (fraction part of datetime is always 000) : '2000-04-04
> >15:21:54 000'. I get this result either in an SQL statement or in a SP. I
> >read that CURRENT rely on the system date and time API ; I suppose that
> >WinNT
> >knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !

> In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.

Doesn't works!


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Quote:

> Try this

> # method for Dynamic Server to use when determining current time
> USEOSTIME       1               # 0: use internal time(fast), 1: get time
> from O
> S(slow)

Doesn't works!


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning


Quote:


> > >The CURRENT function always returns result wich precision is
>'truncated' to
> > >second format (fraction part of datetime is always 000) : '2000-04-04
> > >15:21:54 000'. I get this result either in an SQL statement or in a SP.
>I
> > >read that CURRENT rely on the system date and time API ; I suppose that
> > >WinNT
> > >knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !

> > In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.

>Doesn't works!

All together now: "USE A REAL OPERATING SYSTEM!!!" :-)
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Quote:

> > > >WinNT
> > > >knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !
> > > In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.
> >Doesn't works!
> All together now: "USE A REAL OPERATING SYSTEM!!!" :-)

Out of topic. We are speaking about Informix engine which can't
get correct time from OS.


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning


Quote:


> > > > >WinNT
> > > > >knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the
>problem !
> > > > In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.
> > >Doesn't works!
> > All together now: "USE A REAL OPERATING SYSTEM!!!" :-)

>Out of topic. We are speaking about Informix engine which can't
>get correct time from OS.

Oh dear. It's not just Londoners who have no sense of humour.
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Quote:


> > > > > >WinNT
> > > > > >knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the
> >problem !
> > > > > In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.
> > > >Doesn't works!
> > > All together now: "USE A REAL OPERATING SYSTEM!!!" :-)

> >Out of topic. We are speaking about Informix engine which can't
> >get correct time from OS.

> Oh dear. It's not just Londoners who have no sense of humour.

If we were looking for humor and silly jokes we'd read
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver instead;)

Thomas



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

Quote:



> > > >The CURRENT function always returns result wich precision is
> >'truncated' to
> > > >second format (fraction part of datetime is always 000) : '2000-04-04
> > > >15:21:54 000'. I get this result either in an SQL statement or in a SP.
> >I
> > > >read that CURRENT rely on the system date and time API ; I suppose that
> > > >WinNT
> > > >knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !

> > > In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.

> >Doesn't works!

> All together now: "USE A REAL OPERATING SYSTEM!!!" :-)

But there isnt an Informix port to GNU/Hurd ;-]

/J\
--

Analyst/Programmer, Direct Connection
Connection House, 9 Selsdon Way, Cityharbour, London E14
<http://www.dircon.net>



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning


Quote:

> > > > >WinNT
> > > > >knows millisecond ! So I do not really understand what is the problem !
> > > > In your onconfig file, set USEOSTIME to 1.
> > >Doesn't works!
> > All together now: "USE A REAL OPERATING SYSTEM!!!" :-)

> Out of topic. We are speaking about Informix engine which can't
> get correct time from OS.

isql tdcusers - <<TUBBIES_SAY_EH_OH
select unique current from systables
TUBBIES_SAY_EH_OH

(expression)

2000-04-07 16:20:57.000

1 row(s) retrieved.

$ date
04:23:52 PM Fri 07 Apr 2000 BST

Close enough for jazz I would say ;-}

/J\
--

Analyst/Programmer, Direct Connection
Connection House, 9 Selsdon Way, Cityharbour, London E14
<http://www.dircon.net>



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning


Quote:



> > >But there isnt an Informix port to GNU/Hurd ;-]

> > >Connection House, 9 Selsdon Way, Cityharbour, London E14
> > ...............................................^^^^^^

> > I rest my case about Londoners, anyway... :-)

>You 'dissing me clown :-?  I *live* in Sussex I just happen to work in
>this dump ...

Sussex, eh? Phwoar! Say no more, eh? Sussex?! Phwoar!
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com


Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages 

1. IDS 7.3 : Stored procedures tuning

2. IDS 7.30 : Performance of records fetched from stored procedure

3. IDS 7.3 vs IDS 9.2

4. Migrating from IDS 5 to IDS 7.3

5. IDS 7.30 on Linux Tuning Benchmark?

6. searching SDK 7.30 or 7.40 for ids 7.3

7. Oracle 7.3 stored procedures and VB5

8. URGENT: Oracle 7.3 and Stored procedures

9. Call Stored Procedure using PL/SQL,VB4 and ORACLE 7.3

10. VB4.0 And Oracle 7.3 Stored Procedure

11. Stored Procedures with Oracle 7.3 + Delphi 2


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software