Incorrect password or user 
Author Message
 Incorrect password or user

Hi all,

Would everyone shed some lights on how to find out what causes this? --
"listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 0: errstr = infocel: Incorrect
password or user infocel is  not known on the database server."

All of a sudden, no one could connect to the database, we had to bounce
the instance. And there are thousands of lines recorded "incorrect
password" in online.log file. Informix support's response is "Something
happened that caused the server the ability to look up
usernames/passwords. Whatever it was, apparantly after restarting the
engine it went away. I have not other information to go on and thus have
not been able to progress further."

Our SA couldn't find any system errors, and this happened twice in the
past 15 days!

Can anyone help me?  TIA

Platform: AIX RS/6000 4.3.3.0
Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC7

Robin Li



Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:39:59 GMT
 Incorrect password or user

There are a few bugs in AIX 4.3.3.
We had to upgrade to 4.3.3 ML9. There are some memory leaks in a routine
for verifying that the password of the user is not expired and in a few
other basic password functions. Your system admin should be able to get
these patches from IBM.

Quote:
-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 1:40 PM

Subject: Incorrect password or user

Hi all,

Would everyone shed some lights on how to find out what causes this? --
"listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 0: errstr = infocel: Incorrect
password or user infocel is  not known on the database server."

All of a sudden, no one could connect to the database, we had to bounce
the instance. And there are thousands of lines recorded "incorrect
password" in online.log file. Informix support's response is "Something
happened that caused the server the ability to look up
usernames/passwords. Whatever it was, apparantly after restarting the
engine it went away. I have not other information to go on and thus have
not been able to progress further."

Our SA couldn't find any system errors, and this happened twice in the
past 15 days!

Can anyone help me?  TIA

Platform: AIX RS/6000 4.3.3.0
Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC7

Robin Li



Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:18:53 GMT
 Incorrect password or user
This is more than likely an OS problem, what is the password aging
set to?  Has the NIS gone AWOL, someone really changed the password
etc.  

Quote:

> Hi all,

> Would everyone shed some lights on how to find out what causes this? --
> "listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 0: errstr = infocel: Incorrect
> password or user infocel is  not known on the database server."

> All of a sudden, no one could connect to the database, we had to bounce
> the instance. And there are thousands of lines recorded "incorrect
> password" in online.log file. Informix support's response is "Something
> happened that caused the server the ability to look up
> usernames/passwords. Whatever it was, apparantly after restarting the
> engine it went away. I have not other information to go on and thus have
> not been able to progress further."

> Our SA couldn't find any system errors, and this happened twice in the
> past 15 days!

> Can anyone help me?  TIA

> Platform: AIX RS/6000 4.3.3.0
> Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC7

> Robin Li

--
Paul Watson             #          
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
www.oninit.com          #


Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:57:02 GMT
 Incorrect password or user

The AIX 4.33 memory leak problems are not fixed in AIX 4330-09 (ML9).
You need to apply the following APARs:
  IY22194
  IY21569
  IY20860
  IY22308
See the Informix Technical Bulletin on this subject for details.
http://www.informix.com/informix/services/ilink/alerts/111601_151445.htm

Quote:
-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 12:19

Subject: RE: Incorrect password or user

There are a few bugs in AIX 4.3.3.
We had to upgrade to 4.3.3 ML9. There are some memory leaks in a routine
for verifying that the password of the user is not expired and in a few
other basic password functions. Your system admin should be able to get
these patches from IBM.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 1:40 PM

Subject: Incorrect password or user

Hi all,

Would everyone shed some lights on how to find out what causes this? --
"listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 0: errstr = infocel: Incorrect
password or user infocel is  not known on the database server."

All of a sudden, no one could connect to the database, we had to bounce
the instance. And there are thousands of lines recorded "incorrect
password" in online.log file. Informix support's response is "Something
happened that caused the server the ability to look up
usernames/passwords. Whatever it was, apparantly after restarting the
engine it went away. I have not other information to go on and thus have
not been able to progress further."

Our SA couldn't find any system errors, and this happened twice in the
past 15 days!

Can anyone help me?  TIA

Platform: AIX RS/6000 4.3.3.0
Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC7

Robin Li



Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:59:15 GMT
 Incorrect password or user

Many thanks to all.  We just migrated to ML8 three weeks ago. According
to IBM, they said that the memory leak might happen after migrating from
ML 04 to higher levels. Our SA is going to apply the APARs.

Thanks again.

Robin Li

Quote:

> The AIX 4.33 memory leak problems are not fixed in AIX 4330-09 (ML9).
> You need to apply the following APARs:
>   IY22194
>   IY21569
>   IY20860
>   IY22308
> See the Informix Technical Bulletin on this subject for details.
> http://www.informix.com/informix/services/ilink/alerts/111601_151445.htm

> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 12:19

> Subject: RE: Incorrect password or user

> There are a few bugs in AIX 4.3.3.
> We had to upgrade to 4.3.3 ML9. There are some memory leaks in a routine
> for verifying that the password of the user is not expired and in a few
> other basic password functions. Your system admin should be able to get
> these patches from IBM.

> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 1:40 PM

> Subject: Incorrect password or user

> Hi all,

> Would everyone shed some lights on how to find out what causes this? --
> "listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 0: errstr = infocel: Incorrect
> password or user infocel is  not known on the database server."

> All of a sudden, no one could connect to the database, we had to bounce
> the instance. And there are thousands of lines recorded "incorrect
> password" in online.log file. Informix support's response is "Something
> happened that caused the server the ability to look up
> usernames/passwords. Whatever it was, apparantly after restarting the
> engine it went away. I have not other information to go on and thus have
> not been able to progress further."

> Our SA couldn't find any system errors, and this happened twice in the
> past 15 days!

> Can anyone help me?  TIA

> Platform: AIX RS/6000 4.3.3.0
> Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC7

> Robin Li



Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:18:31 GMT
 Incorrect password or user

Quote:

>Many thanks to all.  We just migrated to ML8 three weeks ago. According
>to IBM, they said that the memory leak might happen after migrating from
>ML 04 to higher levels. Our SA is going to apply the APARs.

Man, you've definitely been spending too much time near IBM types. I
bet you call a fan an AMD (air movement device)...


Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:55:51 GMT
 Incorrect password or user

Gotta watch those TLAs.  At least (s)he isn't quoting model numbers.

cheers
j.

Quote:
----- Original Message -----


Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: Incorrect password or user


> >Many thanks to all.  We just migrated to ML8 three weeks ago. According
> >to IBM, they said that the memory leak might happen after migrating from
> >ML 04 to higher levels. Our SA is going to apply the APARs.

> Man, you've definitely been spending too much time near IBM types. I
> bet you call a fan an AMD (air movement device)...



Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:38:57 GMT
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. 951 informix: incorrect password or user informix is not known on the

2. Error informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server

3. 951 informix: incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server

4. listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 0: errstr = informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the databaseserver

5. Lockout rule for incorrect password

6. Incorrect password using pg_ctl

7. ODBC setup - password incorrect

8. Error 951: Incorrect password.....

9. Can't authenticate to Online: password incorrect?

10. Incorrect Password - Routine not Found

11. User gets password restricted access without using a password

12. Change User Name and User Password on MSDE 2000


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software