help on informix and coldfusion on unix 
Author Message
 help on informix and coldfusion on unix

we have coldfusion installed on one machine and are trying to connect to an
informix database on another machine  using  coldfusion.
we are virtually coldfusion "knowledgeless"....

we can connect to other machines, using coldfusion , but not to this
particular one.  

we are running solaris 7 & informix 7.31 on the coldfusion machine & solaris
8  & informix 7.31 on the one we are trying to connect to....
i've looked at everything i can & it seems that everything "informix -wise"
is set up correctly.   however, coldfusion support seems to think it is an
informix problem.... how can i be sure that it is not?   how can i test it?
if i can connect thru  dbaccess, does that prove a connection, or is there
more?
i am not getting any errors, i just cannot verify through coldfusion the
connection to my database.....

any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
robin



Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:19:16 GMT
 help on informix and coldfusion on unix

Quote:

> we have coldfusion installed on one machine and are trying to connect to an
> informix database on another machine  using  coldfusion.
> we are virtually coldfusion "knowledgeless"....

> we can connect to other machines, using coldfusion , but not to this
> particular one.

> we are running solaris 7 & informix 7.31 on the coldfusion machine & solaris
> 8  & informix 7.31 on the one we are trying to connect to....
> i've looked at everything i can & it seems that everything "informix -wise"
> is set up correctly.   however, coldfusion support seems to think it is an
> informix problem.... how can i be sure that it is not?   how can i test it?
> if i can connect thru  dbaccess, does that prove a connection, or is there
> more?

You can connect through a network connection in both directions? Is there a trusted relationship between the servers? If both are acheived, I can't see much more that is needed from the informix side.

--
Brice Avila
Wam!Net
Eagan, Minnesota
(651) 256-5015

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> i am not getting any errors, i just cannot verify through coldfusion the
> connection to my database.....

> any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

> thanks
> robin



Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:20:46 GMT
 help on informix and coldfusion on unix
Robin Boscia schrieb:

Quote:
> we have coldfusion installed on one machine and are trying to connect to an
> informix database on another machine  using  coldfusion.
> we are virtually coldfusion "knowledgeless"....

Sounds VERY familiar! I'm in the exact same situation.

Quote:
> we can connect to other machines, using coldfusion , but not to this
> particular one.

Can you connect to Informix on these other machines? What version of CF are
you using? If you are on the Enterprise version, are you using the Native
Driver that comes with CF Enterprise or any of the ODBC drivers?

Quote:
> we are running solaris 7 & informix 7.31 on the coldfusion machine & solaris
> 8  & informix 7.31 on the one we are trying to connect to....

I'm working in a Linux environment, but that shouldn't make a difference.

I've been able to verify a connection using the Native Driver of CF Enter-
prise, but have had no luck whatsoever with any of the ODBC drivers I tried.

I've searched in vain in this newsgroup and in the CF newsgroup for anyone
who has had success with CF, Informix and ODBC.

Regards, Richard
--
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

| Klinik fr Anaesthesiologie   | Tel : +49-89-7095-6110                |
| Klinikum der Univ. Mnchen    | FAX : +49-89-7095-6420                |
| 81366 Mnchen, Germany        | GSM : +49-172-8933578                 |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+



Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:28:13 GMT
 help on informix and coldfusion on unix

We are successfully running Coldfusion 4.5 and Informix 9.2x on Solaris 7.
The CF servers and database servers connect using odbc.  I also hear that
native drivers for Informix are available and faster - but we have  not used
them.
maria

Quote:

> Robin Boscia schrieb:

> > we have coldfusion installed on one machine and are trying to connect t=
> o an
> > informix database on another machine  using  coldfusion.
> > we are virtually coldfusion "knowledgeless"....

> Sounds VERY familiar! I'm in the exact same situation.

> > we can connect to other machines, using coldfusion , but not to this
> > particular one.

> Can you connect to Informix on these other machines? What version of CF a=
> re
> you using? If you are on the Enterprise version, are you using the Native=

> Driver that comes with CF Enterprise or any of the ODBC drivers?

> > we are running solaris 7 & informix 7.31 on the coldfusion machine & so=
> laris
> > 8  & informix 7.31 on the one we are trying to connect to....

> I'm working in a Linux environment, but that shouldn't make a difference.=

> I've been able to verify a connection using the Native Driver of CF Enter=
> -
> prise, but have had no luck whatsoever with any of the ODBC drivers I tri=
> ed.

> I've searched in vain in this newsgroup and in the CF newsgroup for anyon=
> e
> who has had success with CF, Informix and ODBC.

> Regards, Richard
> -- =

> +-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+=


> | Klinik f=FCr Anaesthesiologie   | Tel : +49-89-7095-6110               =
>  |
> | Klinikum der Univ. M=FCnchen    | FAX : +49-89-7095-6420               =
>  |
> | 81366 M=FCnchen, Germany        | GSM : +49-172-8933578                =
>  |
> +-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+=

--
----------------------------------------------------------------

ConITS DBA Services Group  NASA Langley Research Center   Hampton, VA 23666
----------------------------------------------------------------


Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:06:36 GMT
 help on informix and coldfusion on unix
Maria Wilson schrieb:

Quote:

> We are successfully running Coldfusion 4.5 and Informix 9.2x on Solaris 7.
> The CF servers and database servers connect using odbc.  I also hear that
> native drivers for Informix are available and faster - but we have  not used
> them.

Which ODBC driver are you using? The one supplied by Informix in CSDK/Connect
or a third party product?

If you are using the Informix driver, I'd appreciate some more info on your
configuration. I never got it to work, but that may be because I never used
ODBC under UNIX before.

Regards, Richard
--
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

| Klinik fr Anaesthesiologie   | Tel : +49-89-7095-6110                |
| Klinikum der Univ. Mnchen    | FAX : +49-89-7095-6420                |
| 81366 Mnchen, Germany        | GSM : +49-172-8933578                 |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------+



Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:29:39 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. help on informix and coldfusion on unix

2. Unix ODBC and Coldfusion problem

3. Informix and ColdFusion?

4. Informix CLI/ODBC for ColdFusion under Linux?

5. how to use informix stored procedure in coldfusion 4.5

6. Native Informix Drivers with Coldfusion

7. Informix 7.30/ODBC 3.11/ColdFusion Connexion problem

8. HELP: Insert multiple records in table with SQL and Coldfusion

9. Help with VB and ColdFusion


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software