How To: Alt + (keyboard char) cmdButton Shortcut? 
Author Message
 How To: Alt + (keyboard char) cmdButton Shortcut?

Hello,

I have so far been unable to come up with a way to make a commamd
button have a Windows-esque command button, with a 'hot key' , as on
the menus. I know that & is a hot key operator in a string for a menu
name...how, if possible can I do this with command buttons? (Paradox
v. 7) Thanks

Andrew
ancosta <at> lynx / neu / edu



Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How To: Alt + (keyboard char) cmdButton Shortcut?


Quote:

>I have so far been unable to come up with a way to make a commamd
>button have a Windows-esque command button, with a 'hot key' , as on
>the menus. I know that & is a hot key operator in a string for a menu
>name...how, if possible can I do this with command buttons? (Paradox
>v. 7) Thanks

it's actually not that hard, if you have the right tools.  :-)

I got this a long time ago from the Paradox Informant website, which
is no longer there. :-/

begin 644 BTNKEY.LSL
<encoded_portion_removed>
end

In the library is the documentation. It is VERY useful. The code
should still be good for PDOXWIN 7 and 8, though it is written for 5.



Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How To: Alt + (keyboard char) cmdButton Shortcut?

I'm not sure what you want to do. Do you want to give the user the
capability to , say , press the F4 key and have it run the pushbutton event
of a button???

--
Jack
http://www.iamproud.com/~galactic/index.html



Quote:
> Hello,

> I have so far been unable to come up with a way to make a commamd
> button have a Windows-esque command button, with a 'hot key' , as on
> the menus. I know that & is a hot key operator in a string for a menu
> name...how, if possible can I do this with command buttons? (Paradox
> v. 7) Thanks

> Andrew
> ancosta <at> lynx / neu / edu



Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How To: Alt + (keyboard char) cmdButton Shortcut?


Quote:

>I'm not sure what you want to do. Do you want to give the user the
>capability to , say , press the F4 key and have it run the pushbutton event
>of a button???

>--
>Jack
>http://www.iamproud.com/~galactic/index.html


>> Hello,

>> I have so far been unable to come up with a way to make a commamd
>> button have a Windows-esque command button, with a 'hot key' , as on
>> the menus. I know that & is a hot key operator in a string for a menu
>> name...how, if possible can I do this with command buttons? (Paradox
>> v. 7) Thanks

>> Andrew
>> ancosta <at> lynx / neu / edu

You mean be able to press Alt + the underlined letter to invoke a pushbutton?

You can't use the & key.  You have to fiddle around with underline on and off
to underline the letter in the button label.

You then have to trap the key combination in KeyPhysical along the lines of

if eventinfo.IsAltKeyDown() and eventInfo.VChar()="F"  then
        FindButton.pushbutton()
endif

If you have a lot of buttons would suggest having the alt key test in an if
statement, then a switch case for each button letter   .

The KeyPhysical method is the place to put hot key handling in general.

--
Marilyn Ainslie
Cheshire  UK
http://www.cloud9.u-net.com/



Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Alt- shortcut

2. Query Analyzer Keyboard shortcut

3. keyboard shortcuts

4. Open Table Keyboard Shortcut in Enterprise Manager

5. Keyboard shortcuts...

6. Keyboard shortcut for DBnavigator

7. API's to disable keyboard shortcuts

8. Keyboard shortcuts in Project Viewer

9. Help with Keyboard Shortcuts?

10. Turning off keyboard shortcuts

11. Filemaker Keyboard Shortcuts

12. disable keyboard shortcut


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software