Help with Corrupt table/index header problem 
Author Message
 Help with Corrupt table/index header problem

Paradox 7.0.

We have a database of about 16 megs on a server, and about 5 other machines
access these tables via a Windows95 network. We have not had any problems
until we move the database to a new server. Things seemed to work fine for
a few days, but then this started up...

When I try and open a table { Customer.DB } this is the error message I
get:

Corrupt table/index header
File:\\computer\customer.db

I have tried to use the Repair Table option in P7.0 but it says the table
does not exist. I can open any other table in the database and use the
Repair Tool, but not this table.

We have had this problem 5 times in the past few days. Each time I revert
back to a previously saved table.

Anyone know how to:

A) Fix this table
B) Stop this from happening again.

Could it be we are running different versions of the BDE on different
machines.

Anything would be greatly appreciated at this point, I might even be able
to keep my job <G>

Sterling Moses



Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Corrupt table/index header problem

Quote:

> We have a database of about 16 megs on a server, and about 5 other machines
> access these tables via a Windows95 network. We have not had any problems
> until we move the database to a new server. Things seemed to work fine for
> a few days, but then this started up...

> When I try and open a table { Customer.DB } this is the error message I
> get:

> Corrupt table/index header
> File:\\computer\customer.db

.
.
.

Quote:
> Anyone know how to:
> A) Fix this table
> B) Stop this from happening again.
> Could it be we are running different versions of the BDE on different
> machines.



The first thing I would try, is mapping a drive letter to the server,
and then trying to run the application that way - rather than refer to
the file by the server name.  

I have to say however that I also had hideous corruption problems
running on a W95 network, and ended up loaning my customer the office
Novell server to prove it wasn't my code causing the problem - and it
worked.

Oh, and NEVER run different versions of the BDE!!  (get the latest
updates from the corel site, also make sure you get the latest patch
files for paradox / paradox run-time)

Vaggs



Sun, 17 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Corrupt table/index header problem

Quote:
> We have not had any problems until we move the database to a new
> server. Things seemed to work fine for a few days, but then this
> started up...
> Anyone know how to:

> A) Fix this table

Don't fix it. Go back to your original table. Export the data as
delimited ASCII. Create a new table from scratch (no borrowing the
structure to make it easier). Rebuild your indices and validity checks
then reimport your data. If it happens again you have a hardware problem
with your new server. Replace the hard drive controller, power supply,
or RAM. Something is doing this and it is not Paradox.

Quote:
> B) Stop this from happening again.

See above.

Quote:
> Could it be we are running different versions of the BDE on different
> machines.

No.

Quote:
> Anything would be greatly appreciated at this point, I might even be
> able to keep my job <G>

{*filter*}. <G>

Daniel A. Morgan



Sun, 17 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Corrupt table/index header problem


Quote:
>I have to say however that I also had hideous corruption problems
>running on a W95 network, and ended up loaning my customer the office
>Novell server to prove it wasn't my code causing the problem - and it
>worked.

Oh, Win95 as a server has rather hideous problems all-around even with Access
databases.  Doesn't keep a lot of people from selling them though.  

Just remember that problems like these in operating-systems are the stuff that
programmers save for last.  ;-)



Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Corrupt table/index header problem

 Sundial Services wrote in article ...

Quote:


>>I have to say however that I also had hideous corruption problems
>>running on a W95 network, and ended up loaning my customer the office
>>Novell server to prove it wasn't my code causing the problem - and it
>>worked.

>Oh, Win95 as a server has rather hideous problems all-around even with
Access
>databases.  Doesn't keep a lot of people from selling them though.

>Just remember that problems like these in operating-systems are the stuff
that
>programmers save for last.  ;-)

Thanks, but notice I said we are running on a Win95 Network, our Server is
actually Citrix WinFrame 1.65.

Sterling.



Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Urgent Help:Corrupt Table/Index Header in a Paradox Table

2. Problem reading dbase III files - corrupt table/index header

3. HELP: ERROR: Corrupt Table/index Header ????

4. paradox 7 : corrupt table/index header

5. Corrupt table / index header

6. PARADOX - DELPHI5 - CORRUPT TABLE / INDEX HEADER

7. Corrupt Table / Index header!!!

8. Corrupt Table/Index header

9. "Corrupt table/index header" EDBEgineError exception

10. Corrupt table/index header

11. Corrupt table/index header

12. Corrupt Table/Index Header


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software