Filemaker Pro and PDF's 
Author Message
 Filemaker Pro and PDF's
I am just starting to learn to use Filemaker Pro.  I would like to
make a database of company paper files that have been scanned
and saved as Adobe Acrobat files (PDF's). Is this possible? I
would then like to post the Filemaker database on the web so that
employees can enter a password and search for the file they need
and then view the pdf within their web browser. Can this be done?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.***.com/



Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:02:02 GMT
 Filemaker Pro and PDF's

Hi brockwaydubois -

I have done this several times and it works great.  I store the PDFs
externally in their own directory and launch them or queue them for
download from within FMPro.  There have been several threads recently
on this and you might pick up some useful suggestions by searching for
the subject in the group.  If you will post a more detailed scenario,
including your platform, version of FMPro, network topology and
hardware summary, I'm sure the group can help you to succeed with your
project.

Best of Luck -
James

Quote:

> I am just starting to learn to use Filemaker Pro.  I would like to
> make a database of company paper files that have been scanned
> and saved as Adobe Acrobat files (PDF's). Is this possible? I
> would then like to post the Filemaker database on the web so that
> employees can enter a password and search for the file they need
> and then view the pdf within their web browser. Can this be done?

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

--
Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!


Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:34:22 GMT
 Filemaker Pro and PDF's

Quote:

> Hi brockwaydubois -

> I have done this several times and it works great.  I store the PDFs
> externally in their own directory and launch them or queue them for
> download from within FMPro.  There have been several threads recently
> on this and you might pick up some useful suggestions by searching for
> the subject in the group.  If you will post a more detailed scenario,
> including your platform, version of FMPro, network topology and
> hardware summary, I'm sure the group can help you to succeed with your
> project.

And, as James will testify, then creating a web access version of
such a database is not too hard either.

Cheers

Webko

Quote:

> > I am just starting to learn to use Filemaker Pro.  I would like to
> > make a database of company paper files that have been scanned
> > and saved as Adobe Acrobat files (PDF's). Is this possible? I
> > would then like to post the Filemaker database on the web so that
> > employees can enter a password and search for the file they need
> > and then view the pdf within their web browser. Can this be done?

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/

> --
> Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
> I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!



Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:44:42 GMT
 Filemaker Pro and PDF's

PDFs can also be stored in & acalled from container fields, note: you need a
DLL file from Adobe Exchange to do
so.

Scutz


Quote:


> > Hi brockwaydubois -

> > I have done this several times and it works great.  I store the PDFs
> > externally in their own directory and launch them or queue them for
> > download from within FMPro.  There have been several threads recently
> > on this and you might pick up some useful suggestions by searching for
> > the subject in the group.  If you will post a more detailed scenario,
> > including your platform, version of FMPro, network topology and
> > hardware summary, I'm sure the group can help you to succeed with your
> > project.

> And, as James will testify, then creating a web access version of
> such a database is not too hard either.

> Cheers

> Webko

> > > I am just starting to learn to use Filemaker Pro.  I would like to
> > > make a database of company paper files that have been scanned
> > > and saved as Adobe Acrobat files (PDF's). Is this possible? I
> > > would then like to post the Filemaker database on the web so that
> > > employees can enter a password and search for the file they need
> > > and then view the pdf within their web browser. Can this be done?

> > > Sent via Deja.com
> > > http://www.deja.com/

> > --
> > Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
> > I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!



Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:26:36 GMT
 Filemaker Pro and PDF's
Scutz,

Which DLL is required and when you say "Adobe Exchange," do you mean
the Adobe Acrobat 4.05 SDK? Thanks.

Star
--
Star Ferdinand



Quote:

> PDFs can also be stored in & acalled from container fields, note: you
need a
> DLL file from Adobe Exchange to do
> so.

> Scutz

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/


Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:04:23 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Generating and Saving Unique PDF File Names in Filemaker Pro

2. Filemaker Pro Server V3 and Filemaker Pro V5.5

3. Filemaker Pro Unlimited or Filemaker Pro Server?

4. PC Filemaker Pro v3 file to Mac Filemaker Pro 2.1

5. PC Filemaker Pro v3 file to Mac Filemaker Pro 2.1

6. Filemaker Pro question about 'Monthly Summaries'

7. Filemaker Pro 6 Developer's Guide to XML/XSL

8. FS: FileMaker Pro 3.0 and 4.1, Mac OS's

9. Je suis à la recherche d'un Pack FileMaker Pro en FRANCAIS sous Windows

10. Updated: Tom's FileMaker Pro Questions and Suggestions

11. Filemaker Pro Developer's Edition question.

12. WTB: Filemaker Pro Developer's Edition


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software