how to learn? 
Author Message
 how to learn?
I am not an absolute beginner, but would like to learn more in most
effective way.  Mastering FM Pro CD ROM was not very good, any
suggestions will be appreciated.

--
====
Gregory Chang
USC
Glendale, CA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.***.com/
Before you buy.



Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to learn?

Quote:

> I am not an absolute beginner, but would like to learn more in most
> effective way.  Mastering FM Pro CD ROM was not very good, any
> suggestions will be appreciated.

> --
> ====
> Gregory Chang
> USC
> Glendale, CA

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Greg,

You may find the book Scriptology to be quite helpful.  It has a good
companion CD.

For more information, visit:

    www.scriptology.com

Jim



Thu, 02 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to learn?
As a newbie I sort of dived in head first, bu then I've (almost) done a
degree in IT. I got a book that I think is really good, as it represents
databases (the hard bit) using Filemaker Pro 4 (the easy bit, trust me).
It doesn't just cover what the functions are, but how to actually use
them. I think the help file does a sufficient job of explaining the FMP
functions. The only problem is that the included CD isn't too fantastic,
but the book itself is terrific.

"Database Design and Publishing with Filemaker Pro 4"

by Jeff Gange and Don Crabb

Give it a look.

Quote:


> > I am not an absolute beginner, but would like to learn more in most
> > effective way.  Mastering FM Pro CD ROM was not very good, any
> > suggestions will be appreciated.

> > --
> > ====
> > Gregory Chang
> > USC
> > Glendale, CA

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> Greg,

> You may find the book Scriptology to be quite helpful.  It has a good
> companion CD.

> For more information, visit:

>     www.scriptology.com

> Jim




Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to learn?
you should really check Jesse Feilers' FileMaker Pro and the World Wide Web
.. a fantastic which clearly explains how to publisch a database on the web
using CDML.. lot's of tricks and good examples..

Edwin van der Hoeven
Added-Value.nl



Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to learn?
thanks for the suggestion.

GYC



Quote:
> As a newbie I sort of dived in head first, bu then I've (almost) done
a
> degree in IT. I got a book that I think is really good, as it
represents
> databases (the hard bit) using Filemaker Pro 4 (the easy bit, trust
me).
> It doesn't just cover what the functions are, but how to actually use
> them. I think the help file does a sufficient job of explaining the
FMP
> functions. The only problem is that the included CD isn't too
fantastic,
> but the book itself is terrific.

> "Database Design and Publishing with Filemaker Pro 4"

> by Jeff Gange and Don Crabb

> Give it a look.


> > > I am not an absolute beginner, but would like to learn more in
most
> > > effective way.  Mastering FM Pro CD ROM was not very good, any
> > > suggestions will be appreciated.

> > > --
> > > ====
> > > Gregory Chang
> > > USC
> > > Glendale, CA

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> > Greg,

> > You may find the book Scriptology to be quite helpful.  It has a
good
> > companion CD.

> > For more information, visit:

> >     www.scriptology.com

> > Jim


--
====
Gregory Chang
USC
Glendale, CA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to learn?
Try Virtual Training Company CDs -- they're GREAT!!!

www.vtco.com



Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.

2. Learning Interoperation of IIS and SQL

3. training Courses or learning packages

4. help to learn SQL 7

5. Please recommend BOOK(s) for VFP guy to learn SQL Server 7.0 quick

6. Where to learn SQL?

7. learning access - beginner to advanced

8. Installing SQL Server 7 for learning purposes

9. Learning SQL 7.0

10. Setting up for the first time and learning

11. Learning.....

12. learning SQL and databases


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software