Calendar 
Author Message
 Calendar
Hello all

I am a headhunter and have set up activity files in FM5.  I would like to
have an active calendar linked to the file, meaning when I want to plan some
thing for a future date, I click on that particular date field and the
calendar pops up.  Then I click on the date and it fills into the field.  If
anyone is familiar with Quicken, you'll know what I mean.  I would also like
to be able to bring the calendar up and have it show me, what is scheduled
when.  Please advise

Nate Rosenthal
Pioneer Placement



Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:29:01 GMT
 Calendar

Maybe this can help you :
https://www.productive.cc/pcishop/FMPro?-DB=PCI_Products.FP5&-Format=...
g.htm&-Lay=CGI&-RecID=6&-Find

I know it's a plug-in


Quote:
> Hello all

> I am a headhunter and have set up activity files in FM5.  I would like to
> have an active calendar linked to the file, meaning when I want to plan
some
> thing for a future date, I click on that particular date field and the
> calendar pops up.  Then I click on the date and it fills into the field.
If
> anyone is familiar with Quicken, you'll know what I mean.  I would also
like
> to be able to bring the calendar up and have it show me, what is scheduled
> when.  Please advise

> Nate Rosenthal
> Pioneer Placement



Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:03:04 GMT
 Calendar
If your using a Windows version of Fm5, have a look at Fmtools
http://www.apjuk.com/fmtools.htm



Quote:
> Hello all

> I am a headhunter and have set up activity files in FM5.  I would like to
> have an active calendar linked to the file, meaning when I want to plan
some
> thing for a future date, I click on that particular date field and the
> calendar pops up.  Then I click on the date and it fills into the field.
If
> anyone is familiar with Quicken, you'll know what I mean.  I would also
like
> to be able to bring the calendar up and have it show me, what is scheduled
> when.  Please advise

> Nate Rosenthal
> Pioneer Placement



Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:27:33 GMT
 Calendar
Hello all

I am a headhunter and have set up activity files in FM5.  I would like to
have an active calendar linked to the file, meaning when I want to plan some
thing for a future date, I click on that particular date field and the
calendar pops up.  Then I click on the date and it fills into the field.  If
anyone is familiar with Quicken, you'll know what I mean.  I would also like
to be able to bring the calendar up and have it show me, what is scheduled
when.  Please advise

Nate Rosenthal
Pioneer Placement



Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:19:52 GMT
 Calendar
Calendar solutions can be quite complex, but a lot of that complexity is
due to the finer points of the calendar solution rather than to its
basics.  There are a couple of good "pop-up"calendar solution around but
these basically provide a means of quickly and accurately entering the
date in a date field.   Regardless of the method you use to input the
desired date into a date field, the real work is done by a self join
relationship based on global date field (left) and date field (right), and
the Go to Related Record script step.  Remember to check "Show only
related records".  

--
Bridget Eley


Quote:

> Hello all

> I am a headhunter and have set up activity files in FM5.  I would like to
> have an active calendar linked to the file, meaning when I want to plan some
> thing for a future date, I click on that particular date field and the
> calendar pops up.  Then I click on the date and it fills into the field.  If
> anyone is familiar with Quicken, you'll know what I mean.  I would also like
> to be able to bring the calendar up and have it show me, what is scheduled
> when.  Please advise

> Nate Rosenthal
> Pioneer Placement



Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:38:54 GMT
 Calendar
Hi Nathan -

There are several ways to design solutions in FMPro that will handle the
scheduling of events in a logical, easy and flexible way.  Which is best suited
depends on the kinds of information you want to associate with the events you
schedule and the reporting formats you want to use.  However, if you approach
the task with a preconceived notion of what it should look like, based on the
row-and-column views used by many personal information management applications,
you will probably be disappointed.  Making a traditional-looking Roman calendar
in FMPro (or any database application) is a complex job.  I recommend that you
take a hard look at your needs and perhaps revise your expectations.

With that said, I would also like to offer some encouragement.  There are at
least two good plug-ins that offer the kind of pop-up calendar picker you
specifically mention.  They can be found through FM's website, and also through
a good list of plug-ins maintained by The Database Interest Group for FileMaker
at http://www.digfm.org.  At least one of the plug-ins is shareware.  Also, I
believe those sources, and help from google, may lead you to some FMPro
templates for the Roman calendar model.  What their functionality is, I couldn't
say.  Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Best of Luck -
James

Quote:

> Hello all

> I am a headhunter and have set up activity files in FM5.  I would like to
> have an active calendar linked to the file, meaning when I want to plan some
> thing for a future date, I click on that particular date field and the
> calendar pops up.  Then I click on the date and it fills into the field.  If
> anyone is familiar with Quicken, you'll know what I mean.  I would also like
> to be able to bring the calendar up and have it show me, what is scheduled
> when.  Please advise

> Nate Rosenthal
> Pioneer Placement

--
Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!


Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:46:04 GMT
 Calendar

Quote:

>  Making a traditional-looking Roman calendar
> in FMPro (or any database application) is a complex job.

The only way I've found to create a calendar in FMPro ends up with a
Roman version only viewable in the Preview mode. This is fine for my
app which requires printing out a hard copy for posting or
distribution.  

Question: Are there any plug-ins available that will provide some user
interface (buttons) in Preview to initiate scripts other than a menu
selection. I'd like to be able to click on a day on the calendar
display in Preview and immediately go to an editable screen for that
day.

On the other hand, maybe I've overlooked a way to display the calendar
in Browse. At the moment, each day is a db record and I've set the
layout to display 7 columns in a left to right sequence.



Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:32:21 GMT
 Calendar
Hi again Barry -

I know of no plug-in that will create buttons which can work in Preview
Mode.  I did read a little while ago in the group about a third-party
scripting application that allows you to float a menu over the active
window and choose functions from it, but my memory of it is very poor.
Perhaps someone else will remember, or you may find it by searching the
server.

Concerning calendar models, I can send you one, if you wish, that uses a
clever self-join technique I learned here in the group to make a very
functional week view in five or seven columns which scroll each day's
events and allow full detail on the event to be displayed with one click.
As I said previously, there may be good models for Roman calendars out
there but I have not used them.

Best of Luck -
James

Quote:



> >  Making a traditional-looking Roman calendar
> > in FMPro (or any database application) is a complex job.

> The only way I've found to create a calendar in FMPro ends up with a
> Roman version only viewable in the Preview mode. This is fine for my
> app which requires printing out a hard copy for posting or
> distribution.

> Question: Are there any plug-ins available that will provide some user
> interface (buttons) in Preview to initiate scripts other than a menu
> selection. I'd like to be able to click on a day on the calendar
> display in Preview and immediately go to an editable screen for that
> day.

> On the other hand, maybe I've overlooked a way to display the calendar
> in Browse. At the moment, each day is a db record and I've set the
> layout to display 7 columns in a left to right sequence.

--
Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!


Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:06:42 GMT
 Calendar
Try creating a control panel db which calls scripts in your preview mode db
which is left in preview mode.  The control db will require a looping script
so that it will remain in the front of the db you are previewing. (so users
cannot click on the previewing db and brings it to the front, then you are
left in preview mode) You call scripts to show page down page up next page
print etc whilst the script returns to the control db which continues to
loop.

Hope that helps
--
Barry Maskell

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.databases.filemaker
> Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:06:42 GMT
> Subject: Re: Calendar

> Hi again Barry -

> I know of no plug-in that will create buttons which can work in Preview
> Mode.  I did read a little while ago in the group about a third-party
> scripting application that allows you to float a menu over the active
> window and choose functions from it, but my memory of it is very poor.
> Perhaps someone else will remember, or you may find it by searching the
> server.

> Concerning calendar models, I can send you one, if you wish, that uses a
> clever self-join technique I learned here in the group to make a very
> functional week view in five or seven columns which scroll each day's
> events and allow full detail on the event to be displayed with one click.
> As I said previously, there may be good models for Roman calendars out
> there but I have not used them.

> Best of Luck -
> James




>>> Making a traditional-looking Roman calendar
>>> in FMPro (or any database application) is a complex job.

>> The only way I've found to create a calendar in FMPro ends up with a
>> Roman version only viewable in the Preview mode. This is fine for my
>> app which requires printing out a hard copy for posting or
>> distribution.

>> Question: Are there any plug-ins available that will provide some user
>> interface (buttons) in Preview to initiate scripts other than a menu
>> selection. I'd like to be able to click on a day on the calendar
>> display in Preview and immediately go to an editable screen for that
>> day.

>> On the other hand, maybe I've overlooked a way to display the calendar
>> in Browse. At the moment, each day is a db record and I've set the
>> layout to display 7 columns in a left to right sequence.

> --
> Don't forget to remove the obvious spam block when replying.
> I advocate making an address book entry and using it!  Thanks!



Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:20:16 GMT
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. SQL Server and Outlook 2000 Calendar

2. calendar...

3. Calendar/Pim Application in Access ?

4. calendars in Microsoft OLAP

5. Finding current week in company specific calendar

6. calendar table maker

7. Time Dimension for Fiscal Calendar with 13 periods

8. Member Name Column property in Time Dimension (non-calendar)

9. Fiscal calendars as dimentions

10. independent calendar dimension

11. using sql query with a calendar for date input

12. Help in deciphering this query to create a calendar table for 100 years


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software