JDBC Documentation for FM Developer 5.5 
Author Message
 JDBC Documentation for FM Developer 5.5

I make this request on the assumption that I am not proposing anytthing illegal.

I would like to ask someone to post or email me the PDF'd documentation for Filemaker Developer 5.5
as it relates to implementing the JDBC capabilities.

I understand that the docs are available in PDF, but they are not listed on the FM website.

My reson: I am trying to figure out if FM Developer is appropriate for my purposes, or if I can even
understand the Java stuff, before purchasing the program.


Many thanks in advance.



Sun, 06 Jun 2004 14:10:36 GMT
 JDBC Documentation for FM Developer 5.5

Unfortunately, I do believe what you ask is illegal. The API is only
available with the purchase of FM Developer, which is one of the most
ridiculous policies I have ever heard of.

PB

Quote:

> I make this request on the assumption that I am not proposing anytthing illegal.

> I would like to ask someone to post or email me the PDF'd documentation for Filemaker Developer 5.5
> as it relates to implementing the JDBC capabilities.

> I understand that the docs are available in PDF, but they are not listed on the FM website.

> My reson: I am trying to figure out if FM Developer is appropriate for my purposes, or if I can even
> understand the Java stuff, before purchasing the program.


> Many thanks in advance.



Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:13:36 GMT
 JDBC Documentation for FM Developer 5.5
I don't believe there is anything in the developer that is not available on the web. (concerning the jbbc
documentation). I came across the developers guide somewhere, unfortunatley I don't remember the URL.
Also there may be some Open Source Plugins that contain the files that come with the developer edition. If
you are not concerned with developing runtime solutions, don't waste your money on the developer edition.
My company has it and it just leaves you wondering... "where is the real API?"

MG

MG

Quote:

> Unfortunately, I do believe what you ask is illegal. The API is only
> available with the purchase of FM Developer, which is one of the most
> ridiculous policies I have ever heard of.

> PB


> > I make this request on the assumption that I am not proposing anytthing illegal.

> > I would like to ask someone to post or email me the PDF'd documentation for Filemaker Developer 5.5
> > as it relates to implementing the JDBC capabilities.

> > I understand that the docs are available in PDF, but they are not listed on the FM website.

> > My reson: I am trying to figure out if FM Developer is appropriate for my purposes, or if I can even
> > understand the Java stuff, before purchasing the program.


> > Many thanks in advance.



Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:01:33 GMT
 JDBC Documentation for FM Developer 5.5
Please provide a link to the API if you think it is on the web. I'd love
to see it. My contention is that it is not legally available.

PB

Quote:

> I don't believe there is anything in the developer that is not available on the web. (concerning the jbbc
> documentation). I came across the developers guide somewhere, unfortunatley I don't remember the URL.
> Also there may be some Open Source Plugins that contain the files that come with the developer edition. If
> you are not concerned with developing runtime solutions, don't waste your money on the developer edition.
> My company has it and it just leaves you wondering... "where is the real API?"

> MG

> MG


> > Unfortunately, I do believe what you ask is illegal. The API is only
> > available with the purchase of FM Developer, which is one of the most
> > ridiculous policies I have ever heard of.

> > PB


> > > I make this request on the assumption that I am not proposing anytthing illegal.

> > > I would like to ask someone to post or email me the PDF'd documentation for Filemaker Developer 5.5
> > > as it relates to implementing the JDBC capabilities.

> > > I understand that the docs are available in PDF, but they are not listed on the FM website.

> > > My reson: I am trying to figure out if FM Developer is appropriate for my purposes, or if I can even
> > > understand the Java stuff, before purchasing the program.


> > > Many thanks in advance.



Tue, 08 Jun 2004 05:15:34 GMT
 JDBC Documentation for FM Developer 5.5
www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/FMPU55_UltraDev.PDF

regards

Luk Raemaekers


Quote:
> Please provide a link to the API if you think it is on the web. I'd love
> to see it. My contention is that it is not legally available.

> PB


> > I don't believe there is anything in the developer that is not available

on the web. (concerning the jbbc
Quote:
> > documentation). I came across the developers guide somewhere,

unfortunatley I don't remember the URL.
Quote:
> > Also there may be some Open Source Plugins that contain the files that

come with the developer edition. If
Quote:
> > you are not concerned with developing runtime solutions, don't waste

your money on the developer edition.
Quote:
> > My company has it and it just leaves you wondering... "where is the real
API?"

> > MG

> > MG


> > > Unfortunately, I do believe what you ask is illegal. The API is only
> > > available with the purchase of FM Developer, which is one of the most
> > > ridiculous policies I have ever heard of.

> > > PB


> > > > I make this request on the assumption that I am not proposing
anytthing illegal.

> > > > I would like to ask someone to post or email me the PDF'd

documentation for Filemaker Developer 5.5
Quote:
> > > > as it relates to implementing the JDBC capabilities.

> > > > I understand that the docs are available in PDF, but they are not

listed on the FM website.
Quote:

> > > > My reson: I am trying to figure out if FM Developer is appropriate

for my purposes, or if I can even

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > > > understand the Java stuff, before purchasing the program.


> > > > Many thanks in advance.



Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:46:41 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problems accessing FM 5.5 Developer via JDBC

2. Server 5.5 and FM 5.5

3. FM Developer Tool 5.5 crashing under Jaguar

4. Stand-alone multiuser Application in FM developer 5.5

5. FM 5.5 and Developer 5....

6. FM 5.5 Developer Book

7. FM Developer 5.5 bound solution scripts will not work

8. Does FM 5.5 Developer come with any Manuals?

9. FM 5.5 vs FM 3.0

10. FM Dev 5 and FM Pro 5.5 compatibility

11. FM 4 (Mac) to FM 5.5 (Win)

12. fm server 5.5/rh 8.0


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software