CDML & Web publishing question 
Author Message
 CDML & Web publishing question

I am trying to build an online form to interface with a database (you can
see the current version at
< http://www.***.com/ ;, if you
want). As you can see if you submit a record (just put TEST in the first
field, none of the fields are really required), you are directed to a
'results' page that resides on the machine running the database file. This
was (somewhat) easy and was not that big of a deal to set up.

I would like to create a page that would allow the user to submit the form
and then get to a page where they are presented with a summary of what they
submitted (again not hard), but I want that summary to be editable, so that
if they wanted to change anything, they could. (You can see the start of
this results page at
< http://www.***.com/
rmat=formvwcss.htm&-mode=browse&-findall>, but I am having problems making
my form show this page as the result.

I am looking for some help, please! Does anyone have any suggestions on how
to make this work or, better yet, have a similar solution that I could look
at?

I think I am close, but not quite there. I am learning this stuff on the
fly. I have used FMPro for many years, but never had to make it do this!

Thanks in advance for your help!

\frank



Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:52:46 GMT
 CDML & Web publishing question

Quote:

> I am trying to build an online form to interface with a database (you can
> see the current version at
> <http://www.PaloAltoOnline.com/calendar/calendarform.mainform.shtml>, if you
> want). As you can see if you submit a record (just put TEST in the first
> field, none of the fields are really required), you are directed to a
> 'results' page that resides on the machine running the database file. This
> was (somewhat) easy and was not that big of a deal to set up.

> I would like to create a page that would allow the user to submit the form
> and then get to a page where they are presented with a summary of what they
> submitted (again not hard), but I want that summary to be editable, so that
> if they wanted to change anything, they could. (You can see the start of
> this results page at
> <http://66.47.69.186/FMRes/FMPJS?-db=test.fp5&-layID=15&-token=25&-max...
> rmat=formvwcss.htm&-mode=browse&-findall>, but I am having problems making
> my form show this page as the result.

You appear to be using Instant Web Publishing - you are highly
constricted in what is achievable as a result. IWP allows you to
get your database on the web easily, but gives very very little
control over the results.

Quote:

> I am looking for some help, please! Does anyone have any suggestions on how
> to make this work or, better yet, have a similar solution that I could look
> at?

Use Custom Publishing. A primer at http://bull.ucc.usyd.edu.au/fm_doit/

Then a text field might be written

<input type="text" name="[FMP-Field: FieldName]" value="[FMP-Field:
FieldName]">

Cheers

Webko



Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:09:00 GMT
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. CDML / Web Publishing

2. Encoding for a field in Custom Web Publishing, CDML

3. FileMaker CDML and Web Publishing Training

4. 15 Web publishing Videos A companion to FMWebschools CDML Complete book

5. CDML tutorial and Developer kit/ Fundamentals in Filemaker Web Publishing Tutorial

6. Performance problem with CDML Web publishing

7. Oracle7 & Web Publishing

8. FM Server & web publishing

9. Runtimes & Web Publishing

10. Shopping Cart Web Companion CDML Question

11. portals & web publishing

12. Inmagic & O'Reilly: Web Publishing


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software