portal row select 
Author Message
 portal row select

Dear folks,
sorry - more green queries.

I have a portal on a client db - basically a self join using a "link" field
with the same data (check value) in each record - so a relationship
link::link.
That works & shows a list of all clients.
I palced a Button over a Clients lastname field on the layout and placed a
[find] button over that - enter eg  S and get a list of 5 various s names in
the portal - thats ok  - now - braindamage -
I placed a button over the top portal row witha script to selct a client
from that list - to display that selected client.
The only way I can get it to work is to use the Go to record/request [by
number]  and type the number ie 3 of 5 (if 5 of a similar name)

??? Im new and probably doing this all wrong - guidance in "duh" kiss
explanations appreciated.
Ta folks
Greg



Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 portal row select

Quote:

> I placed a button over the top portal row witha script to selct a client
> from that list - to display that selected client.
> The only way I can get it to work is to use the Go to record/request [by
> number]  and type the number ie 3 of 5 (if 5 of a similar name)

May be I got it wrong. But it seems to me, what you might want is to
give a

"go to related record"

command. If you place a button with this in the (only lauoutable) first
row of the portal, it will be shown with every related record in the
portal under browse mode.  

--
Gru?  Eberhard  



Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 portal row select
GTRR is the normal command called by a button in a portal row. It can
invoke the single step as a button choice, or a script that includes the
step, which must be the first step in the script (else the cursor looses
its place). The relationship referred to must be the same as that used by
the portal. The step allows the choice of "Show only related records" or
not. "Show only.." creates a found set in the child file of only related
records. But you should not have to type in any number if you are using
the correct relationship.

John Weinshel
datagrace

Quote:


> > I placed a button over the top portal row witha script to selct a
client
> > from that list - to display that selected client.
> > The only way I can get it to work is to use the Go to record/request
[by
> > number]  and type the number ie 3 of 5 (if 5 of a similar name)

> May be I got it wrong. But it seems to me, what you might want is to
> give a

> "go to related record"

> command. If you place a button with this in the (only lauoutable) first
> row of the portal, it will be shown with every related record in the
> portal under browse mode.  

> --
> Gru  Eberhard  

--
Posted via CNET Help.com
http://www.help.com/


Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 portal row select
Dear Eberhard,
tried this - the button only works on the first row of the portal so you can
only ever select the first record of the portal even if the one you want is
on line 3 say.
maybe im missing something in the script?
go to layout( wherethe portalis to find a patient)
..... press the find button here & type the name
goto related record()
goto layout(whereIshowit)
show all records

By the way, how do you add a comment to a script?
Ta
Greg


Quote:

> > I placed a button over the top portal row witha script to selct a client
> > from that list - to display that selected client.
> > The only way I can get it to work is to use the Go to record/request [by
> > number]  and type the number ie 3 of 5 (if 5 of a similar name)

> May be I got it wrong. But it seems to me, what you might want is to
> give a

> "go to related record"

> command. If you place a button with this in the (only lauoutable) first
> row of the portal, it will be shown with every related record in the
> portal under browse mode.

> --
> Gru?  Eberhard



Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:20:16 GMT
 portal row select
With the Comment script step!
--
Glenn Schwandt



Quote:

> By the way, how do you add a comment to a script?
> Ta
> Greg



Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 portal row select

Quote:

> Dear Eberhard,
> tried this - the button only works on the first row of the portal so you can
> only ever select the first record of the portal even if the one you want is
> on line 3 say.

Is the button only placed in the first row or does it appear in every
row?

If it's only in the first row adjust your layout: The button must be
perfectly inside the row dimensions.

If it's visible in every row, make sure that the button and the portal
are based on the same relationship.

--
Gru?  Eberhard  



Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 portal row select
To be inside a portal row, an object's upper left hand pixel must be
within the portal boundries.

John

Quote:


> > Dear Eberhard,
> > tried this - the button only works on the first row of the portal so
you can
> > only ever select the first record of the portal even if the one you
want is
> > on line 3 say.

> Is the button only placed in the first row or does it appear in every
> row?

> If it's only in the first row adjust your layout: The button must be
> perfectly inside the row dimensions.

> If it's visible in every row, make sure that the button and the portal
> are based on the same relationship.

> --
> Gru  Eberhard  

--
Posted via CNET Help.com
http://www.help.com/


Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:30:06 GMT
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Goto related from portal --how do I get the selected portal row

2. keeping row selected in multiple portals

3. colour select a portal row?

4. question regarding select (multiple rows select into one result row)

5. Selecting a row by it's row number

6. Q: sql select where criteria for each row is not wholly contained in the row

7. select case return rows in one row (how to group by three column)

8. Select rows where other related rows don't exist

9. Updating a Table by selecting row by row

10. Get total number of rows while only selecting top X rows

11. Select Rows After first 20 Rows

12. Grouping multiple rows into 1 row during a select into


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software