DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem 
Author Message
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem

Hi all please find the following details.

I have the following config:

Config:
***************************************************************************
Sparc m/c,solaris2.6,patches(10520,105568,105181),SPARC C compiler
4.2,DB2-V5.2 DB2-V5.2 FixPak10,Unix SDK installed.
***************************************************************************

DB2 Details:
***************************************************************************
Instance name: db2local
SHELL : CSH
Instance home: /u/db2local
Database to be created on /local (filesystem ownership db2local)
DB2 installed dir: /opt/IBMdb2/v5.0/(under this i have
etc,bin,instance,cfg...)
***************************************************************************

Problem:
***************************************************************************
When i log into the server with instance name db2local , & run the
following command "create database db2build on /local" , I get the
following error
" SQL0968C The file system is full.SQLSTATE=57011 " & i also get the
following symptom code in ~/sqllib/db2dump/db2diag.log file is as
follows....

DiagData
ffff d60c :

2001-12-10-13.57.59.434146   Instance:db2local   Node:000
PID:29428(db2pfchr)   Appid:none
buffer_pool_services  sqlbPFPrefetcherEntryPoint   Probe:10
***************************************************************************

whereas i have the following Hard disk partitions....

Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0     770943   20421  696556     3%    /
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3    2056211  511713 1482812    26%    /usr
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4    2056211   69848 1924677     4%    /var
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5    2056211  293346 1701179    15%    /opt
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7     577091   20806  498576     5%    /local
swap                 1423240      40 1423200     1%    /tmp  

***************************************************************************

Can somebody give me useful pointers/tips/info/ regarding this
problem, I have invested sufficient ammount of time on this,it doesnt
seems to be a Filesystem error.



Sat, 29 May 2004 00:01:00 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem

Quote:

>    I don't know how to check this on Solaris, but are you perhaps running out
> of inodes?

>> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7     577091   20806  498576     5%    /local

/local has only 20MB disk space.  I am not sure if this is enough.  You
might want to monitor the space consumption during the db2 processing.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Spatial Extender
IBM Silicon Valley Lab



Sat, 29 May 2004 02:44:44 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem
   I don't know how to check this on Solaris, but are you perhaps running out
of inodes?

Quote:

> Hi all please find the following details.

> I have the following config:

> Config:
> ***************************************************************************
> Sparc m/c,solaris2.6,patches(10520,105568,105181),SPARC C compiler
> 4.2,DB2-V5.2 DB2-V5.2 FixPak10,Unix SDK installed.
> ***************************************************************************

> DB2 Details:
> ***************************************************************************
> Instance name: db2local
> SHELL : CSH
> Instance home: /u/db2local
> Database to be created on /local (filesystem ownership db2local)
> DB2 installed dir: /opt/IBMdb2/v5.0/(under this i have
> etc,bin,instance,cfg...)
> ***************************************************************************

> Problem:
> ***************************************************************************
> When i log into the server with instance name db2local , & run the
> following command "create database db2build on /local" , I get the
> following error
> " SQL0968C The file system is full.SQLSTATE=57011 " & i also get the
> following symptom code in ~/sqllib/db2dump/db2diag.log file is as
> follows....

> DiagData
> ffff d60c :

> 2001-12-10-13.57.59.434146   Instance:db2local   Node:000
> PID:29428(db2pfchr)   Appid:none
> buffer_pool_services  sqlbPFPrefetcherEntryPoint   Probe:10
> ***************************************************************************

> whereas i have the following Hard disk partitions....

> Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0     770943   20421  696556     3%    /
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3    2056211  511713 1482812    26%    /usr
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4    2056211   69848 1924677     4%    /var
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5    2056211  293346 1701179    15%    /opt
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7     577091   20806  498576     5%    /local
> swap                 1423240      40 1423200     1%    /tmp

> ***************************************************************************

> Can somebody give me useful pointers/tips/info/ regarding this
> problem, I have invested sufficient ammount of time on this,it doesnt
> seems to be a Filesystem error.

--
Larry Menard
IBM Workstation Database (DB2) Performance Team
Defender of Geese and of all things Natural


Sat, 29 May 2004 02:37:06 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem
Something similar was fixed in Fixpak15:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/db2/fixes/english-us/db2sunv5/...

IY10839   PAGE BOUNDARY CACULATION ERROR CAUSES SQLOMMAPWRITE ERRNO EFBIG &
SQL0968C FILE SYSTEM FULL

Other thoughts:

1) Check the db2diag.log - are you running out of semaphores?

2) a) Make sure large files are enabled, if "large file".
b) Verify that the instance owner can create a file on the target path of the
desired size.  This can be accomplished by 'tar'ing files together.
c) Verify 'ulimit -a', verify 'df -k'
Also, the instance must be "cycled" ('db2stop'/'db2start') after changing
'ulimit'.  This is required for db2 engine processes to get the new values.

Quote:

> Hi all please find the following details.

> I have the following config:

> Config:
> ***************************************************************************
> Sparc m/c,solaris2.6,patches(10520,105568,105181),SPARC C compiler
> 4.2,DB2-V5.2 DB2-V5.2 FixPak10,Unix SDK installed.
> ***************************************************************************

> DB2 Details:
> ***************************************************************************
> Instance name: db2local
> SHELL : CSH
> Instance home: /u/db2local
> Database to be created on /local (filesystem ownership db2local)
> DB2 installed dir: /opt/IBMdb2/v5.0/(under this i have
> etc,bin,instance,cfg...)
> ***************************************************************************

> Problem:
> ***************************************************************************
> When i log into the server with instance name db2local , & run the
> following command "create database db2build on /local" , I get the
> following error
> " SQL0968C The file system is full.SQLSTATE=57011 " & i also get the
> following symptom code in ~/sqllib/db2dump/db2diag.log file is as
> follows....

> DiagData
> ffff d60c :

> 2001-12-10-13.57.59.434146   Instance:db2local   Node:000
> PID:29428(db2pfchr)   Appid:none
> buffer_pool_services  sqlbPFPrefetcherEntryPoint   Probe:10
> ***************************************************************************

> whereas i have the following Hard disk partitions....

> Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0     770943   20421  696556     3%    /
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3    2056211  511713 1482812    26%    /usr
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4    2056211   69848 1924677     4%    /var
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5    2056211  293346 1701179    15%    /opt
> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7     577091   20806  498576     5%    /local
> swap                 1423240      40 1423200     1%    /tmp

> ***************************************************************************

> Can somebody give me useful pointers/tips/info/ regarding this
> problem, I have invested sufficient ammount of time on this,it doesnt
> seems to be a Filesystem error.

--

Certified DB2 Application Developer, DB2 Administrator
For DB2 Service: www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support
See DB2 tech articles at: www7b.boulder.ibm.com/dmdd/


Sat, 29 May 2004 02:52:10 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem


Quote:

> >    I don't know how to check this on Solaris, but are you perhaps running out
> > of inodes?

> >> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7     577091   20806  498576     5%    /local

> /local has only 20MB disk space.  I am not sure if this is enough.  You
> might want to monitor the space consumption during the db2 processing.

It only uses 20 MB, I fogure 550 MB should be enough to create the db.
I was wondering if it could be caused by a security problem, maybe the
instance owner is not allowed to create files in the /local directory?

Just my 2c.

Best regards, Gert



Sat, 29 May 2004 03:03:54 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem


Quote:

> It only uses 20 MB, I fogure  <-- figure, just another onion :)



Sat, 29 May 2004 03:13:46 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem

Quote:



>> >    I don't know how to check this on Solaris, but are you perhaps running out
>> > of inodes?

>> >> /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7     577091   20806  498576     5%    /local

>> /local has only 20MB disk space.  I am not sure if this is enough.  You
>> might want to monitor the space consumption during the db2 processing.
> It only uses 20 MB, I fogure 550 MB should be enough to create the db.
> I was wondering if it could be caused by a security problem, maybe the
> instance owner is not allowed to create files in the /local directory?

Oops, I looked at it the wrong way.

p.s: Serge is responsible to implement ONION for normal SQL queries.  I'm
working on on ST_Onion() and ST_Crashes() for spatial.  We figured that we
should have at least a consistent story across the products...

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Spatial Extender
IBM Silicon Valley Lab



Sat, 29 May 2004 07:20:13 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem
Believe or not, i'm still having fun reading about onions.

PM



Sat, 29 May 2004 21:30:11 GMT
 DB2 5.2 on solaris having peculiar problem

This is starting to make me cry!!
Will I have to bite into a slice of bread and hold it over the keyboard
as I start peeling those.  I think the spatial are going to do me in!!
Regards,  Pierre.

Quote:

> Believe or not, i'm still having fun reading about onions.

> PM

  sescons.vcf
< 1K Download


Sun, 30 May 2004 06:41:34 GMT
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. JDBC 2.0 with DB2/Solaris UDB 5.2

2. DB2 Newbie needs help with DB2 5.2 ODBC: can browse schema, but get no data

3. Error in Java Program, when it accesses DB2 UDB 7.2 from DB2 UDB 5.2 Client

4. Connecting to db2 v7.1(linux) from db2 5.2 cc(nt)

5. Connect to db2 5.2 Server from db2 7.1

6. DB2 5.2 Array insert problem to MVS

7. DB2 5.2 backup problems

8. Strange Insert/Performance Problem with DB2/NT 5.2

9. Migrating from IBM DB2 5.2

10. SQL Server 7.0 to DB2 5.2 connection no working

11. DB2 UDB 5.2 and Decimal Fields

12. Java DB2 5.2 known bugs


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software