problem with update anywhere replication between DB2 Win2000 <-> DB2 AS/400 
Author Message
 problem with update anywhere replication between DB2 Win2000 <-> DB2 AS/400

Hi to all,

I'm working with DB2 UDB Workgroup 7.1 on Win2000 and DB2 Connect Personnal
Edition 7.1.

I'am trying to set up an update anywhere replication between one DB2
database on windows 2000 server (source) and one DB2 database on AS/400
server (target). (Update Anywhere Replication between 2 databases on the
same DB2 server on windows 2000 works very well).

I have successfully configured a connection with the AS/400 machine and I
can see this instance from Control Center.
- I have started Capture and Apply from the command window.
- I have started Capture on the source server (asnccp src_server) and Apply
on AS/400 (asnapply apply_qualifier server) --> no problem
- I have started Capture on the target server (AS/400 server) and I've got
the following error

ASN0002E The Capture program could not connect to DB2. SQLCODE= -1403
SQLCA  SQL1024N: A database connection does not exist. SQLSTATE=08003
Capture will stop

What do I have to do ?

Thanks for your answers

Dov



Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:30:57 GMT
 problem with update anywhere replication between DB2 Win2000 <-> DB2 AS/400

Hi DM,

Capture has to actually be running _on_ the machine where it is meant to
be capturing.

Use STRDPRCAP to start capture on the AS/400.  If it fails, it will give
you some more AS/400-ish messages in the log.
To see any capture (or apply) processes running on the AS/400, use
WRKSBSJOB QZSNDPR  (assuming you didn't nominate a different subsystem).

--Greg

Quote:

> Hi to all,

> I'm working with DB2 UDB Workgroup 7.1 on Win2000 and DB2 Connect Personnal
> Edition 7.1.

> I'am trying to set up an update anywhere replication between one DB2
> database on windows 2000 server (source) and one DB2 database on AS/400
> server (target). (Update Anywhere Replication between 2 databases on the
> same DB2 server on windows 2000 works very well).

> I have successfully configured a connection with the AS/400 machine and I
> can see this instance from Control Center.
> - I have started Capture and Apply from the command window.
> - I have started Capture on the source server (asnccp src_server) and Apply
> on AS/400 (asnapply apply_qualifier server) --> no problem
> - I have started Capture on the target server (AS/400 server) and I've got
> the following error

> ASN0002E The Capture program could not connect to DB2. SQLCODE= -1403
> SQLCA  SQL1024N: A database connection does not exist. SQLSTATE=08003
> Capture will stop

> What do I have to do ?

> Thanks for your answers

> Dov



Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:38:21 GMT
 problem with update anywhere replication between DB2 Win2000 <-> DB2 AS/400
Thanks a lot Greg,

I will try it.

(So it's impossible to start Capture for capturing changes on AS/400 from a
command Window using "asnccp as400server_name")

Dov



Quote:
> Hi DM,

> Capture has to actually be running _on_ the machine where it is meant to
> be capturing.

> Use STRDPRCAP to start capture on the AS/400.  If it fails, it will give
> you some more AS/400-ish messages in the log.
> To see any capture (or apply) processes running on the AS/400, use
> WRKSBSJOB QZSNDPR  (assuming you didn't nominate a different subsystem).

> --Greg


> > Hi to all,

> > I'm working with DB2 UDB Workgroup 7.1 on Win2000 and DB2 Connect
Personnal
> > Edition 7.1.

> > I'am trying to set up an update anywhere replication between one DB2
> > database on windows 2000 server (source) and one DB2 database on AS/400
> > server (target). (Update Anywhere Replication between 2 databases on the
> > same DB2 server on windows 2000 works very well).

> > I have successfully configured a connection with the AS/400 machine and
I
> > can see this instance from Control Center.
> > - I have started Capture and Apply from the command window.
> > - I have started Capture on the source server (asnccp src_server) and
Apply
> > on AS/400 (asnapply apply_qualifier server) --> no problem
> > - I have started Capture on the target server (AS/400 server) and I've
got
> > the following error

> > ASN0002E The Capture program could not connect to DB2. SQLCODE= -1403
> > SQLCA  SQL1024N: A database connection does not exist. SQLSTATE=08003
> > Capture will stop

> > What do I have to do ?

> > Thanks for your answers

> > Dov



Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:02:09 GMT
 problem with update anywhere replication between DB2 Win2000 <-> DB2 AS/400
Hi,

Correct.  ASNCCP is an exe that runs on Windows etc.
If you can't find STRDPRCAP, then you might not have installed
dataPropagator on the AS/400.  You will need to install licenced
software "5769DP2" or "5769DP3", depending which level of OS/400 you're
running.  The documentation on setting all that up is in the
"Replication Guide and Reference", and is much more thoroughly described
than with DB2 v6 doco.

--Greg

Quote:

> Thanks a lot Greg,

> I will try it.

> (So it's impossible to start Capture for capturing changes on AS/400 from a
> command Window using "asnccp as400server_name")

> Dov



>>Hi DM,

>>Capture has to actually be running _on_ the machine where it is meant to
>>be capturing.

>>Use STRDPRCAP to start capture on the AS/400.  If it fails, it will give
>>you some more AS/400-ish messages in the log.
>>To see any capture (or apply) processes running on the AS/400, use
>>WRKSBSJOB QZSNDPR  (assuming you didn't nominate a different subsystem).

>>--Greg


>>>Hi to all,

>>>I'm working with DB2 UDB Workgroup 7.1 on Win2000 and DB2 Connect

> Personnal

>>>Edition 7.1.

>>>I'am trying to set up an update anywhere replication between one DB2
>>>database on windows 2000 server (source) and one DB2 database on AS/400
>>>server (target). (Update Anywhere Replication between 2 databases on the
>>>same DB2 server on windows 2000 works very well).

>>>I have successfully configured a connection with the AS/400 machine and

> I

>>>can see this instance from Control Center.
>>>- I have started Capture and Apply from the command window.
>>>- I have started Capture on the source server (asnccp src_server) and

> Apply

>>>on AS/400 (asnapply apply_qualifier server) --> no problem
>>>- I have started Capture on the target server (AS/400 server) and I've

> got

>>>the following error

>>>ASN0002E The Capture program could not connect to DB2. SQLCODE= -1403
>>>SQLCA  SQL1024N: A database connection does not exist. SQLSTATE=08003
>>>Capture will stop

>>>What do I have to do ?

>>>Thanks for your answers

>>>Dov



Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:09:29 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. AS/400 DB2 <----> SQL 2000

2. DB2 Newbie: Connecting to AS/400 DB2 with JDBC problems

3. dprop between as/400 and db2 on win2000

4. desire to move data from OS 390 DB2 to AS/400 DB2 using DTS

5. db2/400 vs. db2/Solaris

6. DB2 UDB 7.2 and DB2 UDB for AS/400 V5R1

7. Difference between DB2 UDB 7.2 and DB2/400

8. DB2/400 to DB2 for Linux

9. Random Sample in DB2 and DB2/400?

10. Accessing DB2 on AS/400 by DB2-Connect

11. DB2 Connect and DB2 OS/400

12. DB2/400 and DB2 Connect


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software