Crash: Out of application heap 
Author Message
 Crash: Out of application heap
Hi Folks,

I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select, inserts).
(It commit frequently).

This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of Application
heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of parms!

Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

Thanks for any help...
Frank



Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:29:00 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap

It is a database cfg parm, not an instance parm ... APPLHEAPSZ.
The default is 128 4kb pages.
Quote:

> Hi Folks,

> I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select, inserts).
> (It commit frequently).

> This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of Application
> heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of parms!

> Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

> Thanks for any help...
> Frank



Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:40:46 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap
Try increasing the APPLHEAPSZ in the database configuration.  This should do
the trick.  If that doesn't work, try increasing ASLHEAPSZ in the database
manager configuration.  Hope this helps...


Quote:

>Hi Folks,

>I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select,
inserts).
>(It commit frequently).

>This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of
Application
>heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of
parms!

>Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

>Thanks for any help...
>Frank

 -----  Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web  -----
  http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts



Fri, 22 Aug 2003 23:59:30 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap
Hi,
Yes, ApplHeapSz is the one that is almost named in the message.  I suggest you also
read through the others near it, and in the online documentation on tuning.
Some of the defaults are good for a single user, but not for real world use (such as
maximum applications 10)
There is a database configuration wizard in the control centre that asks you a few
questions about the use of the database, and recommends changes to suit. (The first
time I ever used it, it told me I needed more memory.  I learned that was right.)

--Greg

Quote:

> It is a database cfg parm, not an instance parm ... APPLHEAPSZ.
> The default is 128 4kb pages.


> > Hi Folks,

> > I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select, inserts).
> > (It commit frequently).

> > This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of Application
> > heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of parms!

> > Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

> > Thanks for any help...
> > Frank



Sat, 23 Aug 2003 04:47:49 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap
YOU're not (necessarily) alone. We've just opened a PMR for a storage leak
that lead to this error. No response just yet.


Quote:
> Hi Folks,

> I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select,
inserts).
> (It commit frequently).

> This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of
Application
> heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of
parms!

> Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

> Thanks for any help...
> Frank



Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:06:04 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap
Thanks to all answered.

I runs now very well. (Set it to 128). But how can it be that there are out of
memory errors which CRASH DB2?

Cheers,
Frank!


Quote:

>Hi Folks,

>I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select, inserts).
>(It commit frequently).

>This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of Application
>heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of parms!

>Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

>Thanks for any help...
>Frank



Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:07:32 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap

you don't want to post it).  Thanks,
Quote:

> YOU're not (necessarily) alone. We've just opened a PMR for a storage leak
> that lead to this error. No response just yet.



> > Hi Folks,

> > I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select,
> inserts).
> > (It commit frequently).

> > This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of
> Application
> > heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of
> parms!

> > Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

> > Thanks for any help...
> > Frank



Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:13:12 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap
Please be more specific on what you mean by 'crash'.
Quote:

> Thanks to all answered.

> I runs now very well. (Set it to 128). But how can it be that there are out of
> memory errors which CRASH DB2?

> Cheers,
> Frank!



> >Hi Folks,

> >I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select, inserts).
> >(It commit frequently).

> >This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of Application
> >heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of parms!

> >Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

> >Thanks for any help...
> >Frank



Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:12:59 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap
Sorry, I don't know the number as I'm not the opener (just the programmer).
I do know it's currently with Jens Gloeckner in DB2 support in Germany, if
that's any help. I'll see if I can get the number and send it to you per
email.

BTW, we only have the problem on AIX (V6 FP6 and prior), but not on NT (same
versions), using the exact same DB content and application.



Quote:

if
> you don't want to post it).  Thanks,


> > YOU're not (necessarily) alone. We've just opened a PMR for a storage
leak
> > that lead to this error. No response just yet.



> > > Hi Folks,

> > > I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select,
> > inserts).
> > > (It commit frequently).

> > > This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of
> > Application
> > > heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of
> > parms!

> > > Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

> > > Thanks for any help...
> > > Frank



Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:09:35 GMT
 Crash: Out of application heap
The DB is closed down so that it must be restarted with an db2start.

Cheers,
Frank!

Quote:

>Please be more specific on what you mean by 'crash'.


>> Thanks to all answered.

>> I runs now very well. (Set it to 128). But how can it be that there are out of
>> memory errors which CRASH DB2?

>> Cheers,
>> Frank!



>> >Hi Folks,

>> >I've running an application with a lot of DB2 Transactions (select, inserts).
>> >(It commit frequently).

>> >This app crashes my DB2 (complete shutdown) with the Error: Out of Application
>> >heap! Which of the instance parms must be modified - there are alot of parms!

>> >Or is it possible that my applications does not free memory?

>> >Thanks for any help...
>> >Frank



Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:28:48 GMT
 
 [ 10 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. If one DBE application crashes, they all crash...

2. multithreaded application, internal heap error

3. CLI application heap size problem.

4. Error: Not enough storage is available in the application heap

5. How to free the application heap?

6. Not enough storage is available in the application heap

7. Application heap Size error

8. Application is still running or a crash occured

9. Help: Application Crashing

10. DBCombo causes the application to crash ...

11. Application crash when tables are open

12. Database application crashes when running off a Novell or NT server


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software