creating nodes in db2 v7 
Author Message
 creating nodes in db2 v7

Hello all

I am working on migrating a partitioned Oracle database  (version 8) to
a partitioned db2 database (version 7).  I'm having problems creating
nodes under a specific node group.  The documentation I have been using
says that I need to edit the db2node.cfg file and the profile.env
file.  This I have tried doing, on editing the db2node.cfg I am then
unable to restart the database.  I am able to create a partitioned
instance and create node groups but I cannot create any extra nodes
under the node group.

I would greatly appreciate if one of you guys would talk me through the
process of setting up a partitioned database.

Many thanks in advance

Farah

Sent via Deja.com http://www.***.com/
Before you buy.



Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 creating nodes in db2 v7

Quote:

>I am working on migrating a partitioned Oracle database  (version 8) to
>a partitioned db2 database (version 7).  I'm having problems creating
>nodes under a specific node group.  The documentation I have been using
>says that I need to edit the db2node.cfg file and the profile.env
>file.  This I have tried doing, on editing the db2node.cfg I am then

I'm wondering - what needs editting on the profile.env file?

Quote:
>unable to restart the database.  I am able to create a partitioned
>instance and create node groups but I cannot create any extra nodes
>under the node group.

Did you add all nodes to each other's .rhosts file?  Is EEE installed on
every machine involved in the cluster?  Is the sqllib of the instance mounted
on each machine?

Those are the basics from what little I know.  Hopefully that gets it going.

Quote:
>I would greatly appreciate if one of you guys would talk me through the
>process of setting up a partitioned database.

>Many thanks in advance

>Farah

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.



Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 creating nodes in db2 v7
In article


Quote:

> >I am working on migrating a partitioned Oracle database  (version 8)
to
> >a partitioned db2 database (version 7).  I'm having problems creating
> >nodes under a specific node group.  The documentation I have been
using
> >says that I need to edit the db2node.cfg file and the profile.env
> >file.  This I have tried doing, on editing the db2node.cfg I am then

> I'm wondering - what needs editting on the profile.env file?

> >unable to restart the database.  I am able to create a partitioned
> >instance and create node groups but I cannot create any extra nodes
> >under the node group.

> Did you add all nodes to each other's .rhosts file?  Is EEE installed
on
> every machine involved in the cluster?  Is the sqllib of the instance
mounted
> on each machine?

> Those are the basics from what little I know.  Hopefully that gets it
going.

> >I would greatly appreciate if one of you guys would talk me through
the
> >process of setting up a partitioned database.

> >Many thanks in advance

> >Farah

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Create Function in DB2 V7.1

2. Help with DB2 EE V7.1 install on RedHat V7.1

3. DB2 v7.2 = v7.1+FP3 ?

4. db2 v8 ADO driver on db2 v7.2 servers

5. db2 v8 down level support to db2 connect v7 (SQL1334N)

6. DB2 CAE V5.2 (fixpack 15) and DB2 Connect EE V7.1

7. Connecting to db2 v7.1(linux) from db2 5.2 cc(nt)

8. Help needed : V7.3.C and i-nodes

9. Ghosting a DB2 and Cluster 2 nodes image

10. db2 node and db infos in ldap

11. Creating DB2 SQL Procedures in DB2 version 6 on OS/390 (June 2000 PUT)


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software