db2batch returns different row counts for same query (UDB 8.1) 
Author Message
 db2batch returns different row counts for same query (UDB 8.1)

have you ever seen db2batch report a different row count for the same
query hitting the same server from different clients? I am running 8.1
server and hitting it from different 8.1 clients. I have an AST which
matches the query I am using. I am not only getting the wrong answer
but all the answers are different!

db2batch -d dbname -a uid/pwd -s on -i complete -f mysql.sql -cli. my
sql script includes

--#SET perf_detail 1
--#SET ROWS_OUT 0
--#SET TIMESTAMP

12                    0.164       Not Collected      2074         0
12                    0.154       Not Collected      1919         0
12                    0.280       Not Collected      2095         0
12                    8.121       Not Collected      2096         0

am going to open a bug but hoping someone else has seen this with 8.1
or 7.2 and has some ideas.



Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:23:56 GMT
 db2batch returns different row counts for same query (UDB 8.1)

Quote:

> have you ever seen db2batch report a different row count for the same
> query hitting the same server from different clients? I am running 8.1
> server and hitting it from different 8.1 clients. I have an AST which
> matches the query I am using. I am not only getting the wrong answer
> but all the answers are different!

> db2batch -d dbname -a uid/pwd -s on -i complete -f mysql.sql -cli. my
> sql script includes

> --#SET perf_detail 1
> --#SET ROWS_OUT 0
> --#SET TIMESTAMP

> 12                    0.164       Not Collected      2074         0
> 12                    0.154       Not Collected      1919         0
> 12                    0.280       Not Collected      2095         0
> 12                    8.121       Not Collected      2096         0

> am going to open a bug but hoping someone else has seen this with 8.1
> or 7.2 and has some ideas.

Try to set the default value for the rows_out!


Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:12:30 GMT
 db2batch returns different row counts for same query (UDB 8.1)

Quote:

> have you ever seen db2batch report a different row count for the same
> query hitting the same server from different clients? I am running 8.1
> server and hitting it from different 8.1 clients. I have an AST which
> matches the query I am using. I am not only getting the wrong answer
> but all the answers are different!

> db2batch -d dbname -a uid/pwd -s on -i complete -f mysql.sql -cli. my
> sql script includes

> --#SET perf_detail 1
> --#SET ROWS_OUT 0
> --#SET TIMESTAMP

> 12                    0.164       Not Collected      2074         0
> 12                    0.154       Not Collected      1919         0
> 12                    0.280       Not Collected      2095         0
> 12                    8.121       Not Collected      2096         0

> am going to open a bug but hoping someone else has seen this with 8.1
> or 7.2 and has some ideas.

When I turn on Intral_Parallelism, I found the estimated card make no
sense if your query use AST. Anyway I don't care, I care if the cost make
sense.

So I do suspect db2batch is the same case.
For your last testing I suspect if your ast is being used?
Regards,
Rosaline



Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:06:04 GMT
 db2batch returns different row counts for same query (UDB 8.1)
Check this one just in case : IY39487
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/db2/fixes/english-us/db2winIA3...
pak/FP1_WR21316/APARLIST.html

How do you know if db2 used the base table or the ast?
How do you know that nobody was updating the table at the same time or
between
your queries?

Default isolation is RR for db2batch but i don't know if -cli honours it.

What kind of statement is statement no 12. ?

PM



Quote:
> have you ever seen db2batch report a different row count for the same
> query hitting the same server from different clients? I am running 8.1
> server and hitting it from different 8.1 clients. I have an AST which
> matches the query I am using. I am not only getting the wrong answer
> but all the answers are different!

> db2batch -d dbname -a uid/pwd -s on -i complete -f mysql.sql -cli. my
> sql script includes

> --#SET perf_detail 1
> --#SET ROWS_OUT 0
> --#SET TIMESTAMP

> 12                    0.164       Not Collected      2074         0
> 12                    0.154       Not Collected      1919         0
> 12                    0.280       Not Collected      2095         0
> 12                    8.121       Not Collected      2096         0

> am going to open a bug but hoping someone else has seen this with 8.1
> or 7.2 and has some ideas.



Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:17:38 GMT
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. unable to get sort overflow count down (UDB 8.1)

2. Query returns different count

3. Problems with installation DB2 UDB 8.1 WE for Linux

4. Problems with installation DB2 UDB 8.1 WE for Linux

5. db2 udb 8.1 developer and workgroup edition differences

6. Upgrade from DB2 UDB 7.2 to 8.1 on Redhat

7. Isolation Level problems with UDB 8.1 on w2k

8. replication support in db2 udb personal edition v 8.1

9. DB2 UDB PE Version 8.1 & Linux

10. DB2 UDB LUW 8.1: type-2 index reporting with system catalogs

11. Web Control Center (WebCC) on DB2 UDB 8.1

12. UDB NT 8.1 And Access


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software