Prices for DB2 
Author Message
 Prices for DB2
I am doing research on DB2 for my database class. I have tried calling
vendor for various prices of the product. They have refused to release
any pricing information (for obvious reasons). I am interested in
prices for software and/or support costs.

Thanks.



Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prices for DB2

DB2 is licensed on a per CPU basis.  There are some add-ons, however for
the EE UDB you can expect to pay 13K to 15K per CPU.  This will include
license plus 1 year of subscription and 1 year of support.  Then each
following year you will have to pay about $2,500 per CPU for subscription
and support.  There is also a work group version of DB2 that is the same
DB2 with a few thinks removed, I think this costs less than $2,000 on an
NT box.


Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prices for DB2

There really is no secret here, it's on the IBM web site.

- go to http://www.ibm.com
- click on 'Shop'
- click on 'Software'
- Database and Database Management
- DB2 Universal Database

Voila, a list of each product and the price.

Jon Petruk


Quote:

> DB2 is licensed on a per CPU basis. There are some add-ons, however
for
> the EE UDB you can expect to pay 13K to 15K per CPU. This will
include
> license plus 1 year of subscription and 1 year of support. Then each
> following year you will have to pay about $2,500 per CPU for
subscription
> and support. There is also a work group version of DB2 that is the
same
> DB2 with a few thinks removed, I think this costs less than $2,000 on
an
> NT box.

--
------------------------
Jon Petruk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prices for DB2
Here are some prices (DB2 Connect prices not included) for DB2 v6.1:

Satellite Edition (WIN95, WIN98, WIN NT)
  Install          - per user $199

Personal Edition (Intel only)
  Install            - per user $369

Workgroup Edition (Intel only)
    - per server (1-4 proc, 1 user) $999
    - per add'l user (reg or concurrent) $249
External Web Access Option - per processor  $3,000

Developer's Edition:
   Personal (Intel only)      - free
   Universal                       - $999 per developer

Enterprise Edition
  Base processor    - per server $12,500
  Additional CPUs   - per add'l CPU  $12,500

Enterprise-Extended Edition Option
  Base processor    - per system $20,000
  Additional CPUs   - per add'l CPU $20,000

Quote:

> I am doing research on DB2 for my database class. I have tried calling
> vendor for various prices of the product. They have refused to release
> any pricing information (for obvious reasons). I am interested in
> prices for software and/or support costs.

> Thanks.



Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Prices for DB2
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:36:04 GMT,

Quote:

>There really is no secret here, it's on the IBM web site.

>- go to http://www.ibm.com
>- click on 'Shop'

- Be unable to go any further because you don't have Javascript.

   You have selected to view ShopIBM, the fast, easy, secure way
   to buy thousands of IBM products over the Internet.  ShopIBM is
   enhanced for viewing in version 3.0 browsers and above. To take
   advantage of these enhancements, set your browser's preferences*
   to accept cookies and enable JavaScript(TM).

Cookies and Javascript don't come under "fast, easy, secure" around here.
--
rob partington % programmer % guideguide.com
http://guideguide.com/



Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. DB2 Linux: Pricing Comparison to MS SQL Server and Oracle

2. DB2 UDB EE pricing and new customers

3. Updating Prices with the lowest price

4. Find the Best prices on Delphi Books - Searches 40+ Book sites for the best price

5. and what price would be a faire price?

6. Invoice Price update and keep old pricing

7. ClariNet Street Price Report: DBMS Prices

8. Distributed DB2 - Oracle/Oracle - Oracle/DB2 - DB2/DB2

9. Differences between SQL on DB2-MVS and DB2-OS/2 or DB2-NT

10. DTS & DB2 ODBC Driver Using DB2 Connect

11. desire to move data from OS 390 DB2 to AS/400 DB2 using DTS

12. Sacramento, Calif - Database Specialist with SQL, DRDA, DB2 +DB2/2


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software