DB2 7.1 Control Center supported on Linux? 
Author Message
 DB2 7.1 Control Center supported on Linux?
Is the Control Center supported on Linux?
If so, how do I start the Control Center?

I am using DB2 7.1 Universal Developers Edition on RH7.

Olaf
TomoTherapy

Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address



Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:08:50 GMT
 DB2 7.1 Control Center supported on Linux?

Yes, it's supported.  Try running db2cc.
Quote:

> Is the Control Center supported on Linux?
> If so, how do I start the Control Center?

> I am using DB2 7.1 Universal Developers Edition on RH7.

> Olaf
> TomoTherapy

> Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address



Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:39:59 GMT
 DB2 7.1 Control Center supported on Linux?
If you run into problems, also check out the DB2 for Linux HOWTO offered
at http://www.linuxdoc.org.

Dan Scott

Quote:

> Yes, it's supported.  Try running db2cc.


>> Is the Control Center supported on Linux?
>> If so, how do I start the Control Center?

>> I am using DB2 7.1 Universal Developers Edition on RH7.

>> Olaf
>> TomoTherapy

>> Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address



Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:01:10 GMT
 DB2 7.1 Control Center supported on Linux?
Quote:

> Is the Control Center supported on Linux?
> If so, how do I start the Control Center?

   db2cc
but make sure you are running Xwindows and has already download the jdk118 from IBM and not from sun

Quote:
> I am using DB2 7.1 Universal Developers Edition on RH7.
> Olaf
> TomoTherapy
> Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address

--
Tirta Wijaya


Sun, 06 Jul 2003 01:06:28 GMT
 DB2 7.1 Control Center supported on Linux?
Yes, I did try db2cc, but there is no such file on my Linux (Red Hat 7).

Quote:
> already download the jdk118 from IBM

Can you elaborate?  Do I need to do this myself and then re-install DB2?

During install I used all defaults for
  DB2 Run-Time client,
  DB2 Application Development Client,
  DB2 Administration Client.

Is there something special I should have selected during the install?

Thanks much for your replies.

Olaf
TomoTherapy

Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address



Sun, 06 Jul 2003 04:49:14 GMT
 DB2 7.1 Control Center supported on Linux?


Quote:
> Yes, I did try db2cc, but there is no such file on my Linux (Red Hat
7).

> > already download the jdk118 from IBM
> Can you elaborate?  Do I need to do this myself and then re-install

DB2?

That shouldn't necessitate a reinstall of DB2.  You will just
need to download and install the JDK in addition to the stuff
you have installed for DB2.

Quote:
> During install I used all defaults for
>   DB2 Run-Time client,
>   DB2 Application Development Client,
>   DB2 Administration Client.

> Is there something special I should have selected during the install?

I don't believe that installing Control Center is part of
the default install of those components.  Try running db2setup
again and looking for the option to install Control Center in
the customization section for the Administration Client.

-- Cindy

--
Cindy Hahn
Software Engineer
Surveyor Corporation

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/



Sun, 06 Jul 2003 08:16:50 GMT
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problems with Command Center on DB2 v7.1 Fixpak 3 on Redhat Linux 7.1

2. starting the db2 control center on linux red hat 6.0

3. Managing Linux DB2 from WinNT using Control Center

4. Does Control Center support DB2 on VSE

5. DB2 7.1 Command Center Attach Prompt Question

6. DB2/NT 6.1 Command Center (Tool in Control Center)

7. DB2 7.1 PDE or DB2 7.1 EE

8. Does Red Hat Linux 7.1 support 8i

9. Segmentation Fault with db2 library in Red Hat Linux 7.3 with UDB 7.1 Enterprise

10. db2 7.1 / Linux Problem with db2cc

11. Linux/DB2 7.1

12. UDF error on DB2 7.2 on Linux 7.1


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software