db2 list tablespaces show detail 
Author Message
 db2 list tablespaces show detail

Hello,

does anybody know if it is possible to get number of
free pages listed by the command "db2 list tablespaces show detail"
directly from the data-dictionary ?

There is a table called "sysibm.tablespaces" but the
information about the number of free pages seems not
to be available.

For monitoring purposes I would prefer an SQL-Query of the
data-dictionary to get the number of free pages.
With Informix you can do it using the sysmaster-database
(Tables: sysdbspaces/syschunks).

Is there something comparable in DB2 (Unix) ?

We are using DMS tablespaces (raw devices).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Eric



Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:52:25 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail

Eric,

I believe this info is not available via the catalog.

I have a simple ksh script which puts the list tablespace output into
a table (+ timestamp, partition info)

This allows for easy trend analysis etc... subsequently.

Paul.

Quote:

> Hello,

> does anybody know if it is possible to get number of
> free pages listed by the command "db2 list tablespaces show detail"
> directly from the data-dictionary ?

> There is a table called "sysibm.tablespaces" but the
> information about the number of free pages seems not
> to be available.

> For monitoring purposes I would prefer an SQL-Query of the
> data-dictionary to get the number of free pages.
> With Informix you can do it using the sysmaster-database
> (Tables: sysdbspaces/syschunks).

> Is there something comparable in DB2 (Unix) ?

> We are using DMS tablespaces (raw devices).

> Thank you in advance.

> Best regards

> Eric



Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:34:51 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail
I use a JAVA program that transcribes the "list tablespaces show detail"
output to a table. It also prepares a historical comparative space use
report. An  additional table contains trigger limits that control a
secondary output that is mailed to the DBAs pagers & cell phones.

Philip Sherman

Quote:

> Hello,

> does anybody know if it is possible to get number of
> free pages listed by the command "db2 list tablespaces show detail"
> directly from the data-dictionary ?

> There is a table called "sysibm.tablespaces" but the
> information about the number of free pages seems not
> to be available.

> For monitoring purposes I would prefer an SQL-Query of the
> data-dictionary to get the number of free pages.
> With Informix you can do it using the sysmaster-database
> (Tables: sysdbspaces/syschunks).

> Is there something comparable in DB2 (Unix) ?

> We are using DMS tablespaces (raw devices).

> Thank you in advance.

> Best regards

> Eric



Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:47:09 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail

Quote:

> Eric,

> I believe this info is not available via the catalog.

> I have a simple ksh script which puts the list tablespace output into
> a table (+ timestamp, partition info)

> This allows for easy trend analysis etc... subsequently.

> Paul.


> > Hello,

> > does anybody know if it is possible to get number of
> > free pages listed by the command "db2 list tablespaces show detail"
> > directly from the data-dictionary ?

> > There is a table called "sysibm.tablespaces" but the
> > information about the number of free pages seems not
> > to be available.

> > For monitoring purposes I would prefer an SQL-Query of the
> > data-dictionary to get the number of free pages.
> > With Informix you can do it using the sysmaster-database
> > (Tables: sysdbspaces/syschunks).

> > Is there something comparable in DB2 (Unix) ?

> > We are using DMS tablespaces (raw devices).

> > Thank you in advance.

> > Best regards

> > Eric

Paul,
If possible , can I have copy of this script. My idea to put these
'numbers' in a worksheet.

Thanks,
VKG



Sun, 08 Aug 2004 14:00:01 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail

Quote:


> > Eric,

> > I believe this info is not available via the catalog.

> > I have a simple ksh script which puts the list tablespace output into
> > a table (+ timestamp, partition info)

> > This allows for easy trend analysis etc... subsequently.

> > Paul.


> > > Hello,

> > > does anybody know if it is possible to get number of
> > > free pages listed by the command "db2 list tablespaces show detail"
> > > directly from the data-dictionary ?

> > > There is a table called "sysibm.tablespaces" but the
> > > information about the number of free pages seems not
> > > to be available.

> > > For monitoring purposes I would prefer an SQL-Query of the
> > > data-dictionary to get the number of free pages.
> > > With Informix you can do it using the sysmaster-database
> > > (Tables: sysdbspaces/syschunks).

> > > Is there something comparable in DB2 (Unix) ?

> > > We are using DMS tablespaces (raw devices).

> > > Thank you in advance.

> > > Best regards

> > > Eric

> Paul,
> If possible , can I have copy of this script. My idea to put these
> 'numbers' in a worksheet.

> Thanks,
> VKG

I have e-mailed you & Eric a copy of the script on an as-is basis.

NB. The nice thing is the script will concurrently collect all the
tablespace info on all the partitions in parallel (and treats EE
as a single parition version of EEE). So, it runs quickly on
large EEE installations.



Sun, 08 Aug 2004 21:06:13 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail

Quote:

> I have e-mailed you & Eric a copy of the script on an as-is basis.

Can I have this java program as well? Better yet - could you post it here so others can use it as well?

Jan M. Nelken

nelkenj at attglobal period net



Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:11:11 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail
If possible could I have the script mailed to me as well? otherwise
can you post it on this site?

thank you



Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:55:41 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail
Hi,

I'll willingly post it to this site, can it be done as an attachment?

I don't really want to cut paste the script text?

Paul.

Quote:

> If possible could I have the script mailed to me as well? otherwise
> can you post it on this site?

> thank you



Sat, 14 Aug 2004 18:24:58 GMT
 db2 list tablespaces show detail
Note that this is not necessarily cheap.  To provide accurate information
to the user, issuing the "list tablespaces show detail" command
will cause us to free any pending delete extents.  This will result
in page fixing (possibly I/O into the bufferpool of space map pages),
log records being written and so on.
Quote:

>> I believe this info is not available via the catalog.

>> I have a simple ksh script which puts the list tablespace output into
>> a table (+ timestamp, partition info)

>> This allows for easy trend analysis etc... subsequently.

>> Paul.



Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:29:47 GMT
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. pgsql-server/doc/TODO.detail tablespaces

2. pgsql/doc/TODO.detail mmap tablespaces

3. pgsql/doc/TODO.detail tablespaces

4. pgsql/doc/TODO.detail tablespaces

5. pgsql/doc/TODO.detail tablespaces

6. View Details window only showing part of SQL

7. Showing index details with \d on psql

8. Showing index details with \d on psql

9. Showing index details with \d on psql

10. Anyone know how to make a grid like explorer showing details


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software