db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver 
Author Message
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver

i am able to install db2 v8.1 on my  window 2000  machine. and use
type 4 driver which come with installation com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver,
i have a client try to start an app server on his machine and
connection to my machine which is db server to retrive data with
coding

Class.forName(jdbcDriver);
catalogConn = DriverManager.getConnection(Url, username, password);

the url is jdbc:db2://172.16.4.86:50000/hd1100pd, but got below error,

CLI0616E Error opening socket.  

Explanation: Cannot open the socket to server, server may be down.

but if i using the same coding and start the app server on my machine,
i have no problem connect to database. why is that?



Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:03:43 GMT
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver

xixi wrote on Tuesday 07 January 2003 00:03:

Quote:
> i am able to install db2 v8.1 on my  window 2000  machine. and use
> type 4 driver which come with installation com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver,
> i have a client try to start an app server on his machine and
> connection to my machine which is db server to retrive data with
> coding

> Class.forName(jdbcDriver);
> catalogConn = DriverManager.getConnection(Url, username, password);

> the url is jdbc:db2://172.16.4.86:50000/hd1100pd, but got below error,

> CLI0616E Error opening socket.

> Explanation: Cannot open the socket to server, server may be down.

> but if i using the same coding and start the app server on my machine,
> i have no problem connect to database. why is that?

This sounds like an issue in your network setup.  Maybe you have a firewall or
something between the server and the other user's machine?

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Spatial Extender
IBM Germany / University of Jena



Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:12:23 GMT
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver
there is another driver come with db2 v8.1 which is
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver, if i use this driver, i don't have
connection problem, but this driver doesn't support scrollable
resultset. is that right?


Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:23:22 GMT
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver
Have you set the registry variable db2comm=tcpip (db2 start/stop)?

Sounds like your listener may not be started.

Paul.

Quote:

> CLI0616E Error opening socket.  

> Explanation: Cannot open the socket to server, server may be down.

> but if i using the same coding and start the app server on my machine,
> i have no problem connect to database. why is that?



Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:14:59 GMT
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver
if i am using type 3 driver, which is COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver,
i have no problem connect from client,

client and server here are all within network, there is no firewall in
between, and server has TCP/IP configuration setup, since type 4
driver use TCP/IP for communication, why the client can't access the
server?



Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:08:20 GMT
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver
can you tell me how to set the variable? thanks
Quote:

> Have you set the registry variable db2comm=tcpip (db2 start/stop)?

> Sounds like your listener may not be started.

> Paul.


> > CLI0616E Error opening socket.  

> > Explanation: Cannot open the socket to server, server may be down.

> > but if i using the same coding and start the app server on my machine,
> > i have no problem connect to database. why is that?



Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:55:28 GMT
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver

Quote:
> i am able to install db2 v8.1 on my  window 2000  machine. and use
> type 4 driver which come with installation com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver,
> Class.forName(jdbcDriver);

I am curious why you specify jdbcDriver. I think it should still be
Class.forName(DB2Driver); You mention the class
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver above but then use another class below. I
have used the Class.forName(DB2Driver) with the new db2jcc.jar file
and it all works fine.

Perhaps because of this it doesn't find the proper net driver and (if
you still have db2java.zip in the classpath) trys the app driver
instead. A CLI error sounds like it's using the old app driver. Just a
guess.

I have also had problems with errors like you mention trying to
connect between versions. 8 really doesn't want to talk to 7.



Mon, 04 Jul 2005 01:27:44 GMT
 db2 version 8.1 jdbc universal driver
hi!

we had the same problems with db2 v8.1 on a win2000 machine.
we used jdbc type 4 driver to access the db using the
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver and opened the connection with the url
"jdbc:db2://57.56.x.y:50000/PROD".
the result was same message. furthermore the db2 database on th
win2000 machine hangs up and nothing could be done with the database.
the solution was to reboot the machine.
i think he problem is the port "50000". everything on our db2 win2000
machine is installed and configured correctly. tcp/ip is set, registry
variable db2comm is set, port is set, tcp/ip service name is set.

after hours of tests i think there is still a bug inside db2 v8.1 or
the new type 4 driver.

anbody agreeing ?

Quote:

> xixi wrote on Tuesday 07 January 2003 00:03:

> > i am able to install db2 v8.1 on my  window 2000  machine. and use
> > type 4 driver which come with installation com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver,
> > i have a client try to start an app server on his machine and
> > connection to my machine which is db server to retrive data with
> > coding

> > Class.forName(jdbcDriver);
> > catalogConn = DriverManager.getConnection(Url, username, password);

> > the url is jdbc:db2://172.16.4.86:50000/hd1100pd, but got below error,

> > CLI0616E Error opening socket.

> > Explanation: Cannot open the socket to server, server may be down.

> > but if i using the same coding and start the app server on my machine,
> > i have no problem connect to database. why is that?

> This sounds like an issue in your network setup.  Maybe you have a firewall or
> something between the server and the other user's machine?



Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:00:31 GMT
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. JDBC Driver type 4 for DB2 8.1

2. DB2 8.1 JDBC driver - Linux JDK1.4 support?

3. anybody sucessful with suse 8.1 and db2 8.1?

4. Linux and DB2 Version 8.1

5. DB2 UDB PE Version 8.1 & Linux

6. jdbc connection error with DB2 8.1 64-bit client

7. Developing IBMVA JDBC with NT DB2 driver to run on OS390 DB2 driver

8. Developing IBMVA JDBC with NT DB2 driver to run on OS390 DB2 driver

9. JDBC drivers for db2 version 3 on O/S 390

10. Infos about version 8.1

11. Infos about version 8.1

12. Oracle versions for 8.1


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software